PDA

View Full Version : Area 83-6 doe antelope

Fish
07-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I screwed up and got into work late and by the time I got on line, all the doe antelope tags for area 115 were gone. I bought two doe antelope tags for 83-6, which are are good for antelope within 1 mile of irrigated fields. Has anyone hunted there before and is it hard to get permission to hunt there?
I won't make the mistake of not buying my doe tags when I apply for my buck tag again.

HuntWYODon
07-19-2012, 03:53 PM
I went online 7am , 8am Mtn time 7/17 to try to get an 81-6 loper tag. There were 3 left I'd been eyein'.
Right at 7am I clicked on the tag to buy one. It was still greyed out/not available. Arrowed back and clicked again and they were available. Clicked on tags, all 3 were gone ! Somebody sniped me ! They had same idea. Got a 78-7 instead.

Colorado Cowboy
07-19-2012, 04:35 PM
I won't make the mistake of not buying my doe tags when I apply for my buck tag again.

I always apply for the Type 6 Doe/Fawn tag when I apply for my buck tag. I also always check the Withdraw box that says in essence if I don't draw the buck, I don't want the type 6 tag. I don't want to go all the way to Wy just to hunt a doe or 2.

Fish
07-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Call the biologist and he said it would not be a problem finding a palce to hunt them. The ranchers wanted them all killed. I just need two.
I did not think I'd draw area 115 in the special draw and would probably draw a differen area and didn't want doe tags in 115 if I drew some other area as a second choice. It turned out that way, anyway.
Oh well, looks like I'll be hunting and learning two new antelope areas this year

HuntWYODon
07-20-2012, 12:24 PM
I always apply for the Type 6 Doe/Fawn tag when I apply for my buck tag. I also always check the Withdraw box that says in essence if I don't draw the buck, I don't want the type 6 tag. I don't want to go all the way to Wy just to hunt a doe or 2.
I did that last year with the 81-6 tag . Forgot this year... CRS.