PDA

View Full Version : Which Vortex Spotter?

Doe Nob
07-20-2012, 12:23 PM
I have 10x42 Zeiss Victory's I bought 6 years ago I carry around my neck, looking for a spotter and tripod combo to take along as well and help me see better. I have a hookup on Vortex and can get a pretty good deal. Wondering what everyone recommends as far as size? Is the Razor HD that much better than the Victory HD to justify the incremental cost?

Straight vs. Angled?

Which tripod would you pair with it?

Thanks for the help, def getting vortex spotter, just need to decide what to put in the order for.

Drhorsepower
07-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes, the razor he for sure. One of the best spotters for the money no doubt, if you can get a hookup all the better.

I have an alta 233ao tripod and I like it, there are better tripods out there but I am happy with mine. If you watch camofire, I see them on there sometimes.

BobcatJerry
07-20-2012, 09:11 PM
I have the Vortex angled Skyline which is discontinued. It's pretty heavy for my liking at 68 Oz. Wish I had purchased a lighter one as the places I have hunted, don't lend themselves to heavy glassing and you can't justify the weight all day if you don't get to use it. 4.5# plus tripod. It's a nice scope, though.

mcseal2
07-21-2012, 07:22 AM
I'd recomend the straight Razor if you plan to use it from a window mount alot, angled if it will only be used from a tripod. My hunting partner just got one we were playing with last night, very impressive. The angled model sticks up to far from the window with his truck mount so he returned it for a straight. Low light performance was great and still did well on higher powers.

BobcatJerry
07-21-2012, 08:32 AM
The angle models are adjustable so the eye piece rotates so you can almost be seated looking forward when looking into the eyepiece.Agree, on the Razor, good glass, but $1400 more.