PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Delisting

Murdy
07-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Just ran across this, thought some would be interested:

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/9d1bfe54c317431abbfedef43ae056b1/WY--Grizzly-Delisting

Ikeepitcold
07-25-2012, 06:32 PM
I like it! Very interesting

Old Hunter
07-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Hunters 1
Tree Huggers 0

HuskyMusky
07-25-2012, 11:17 PM
WY, ID, and MT need to release 2 boar tags per year, 1 resident, 1 non-resident.
Plenty of grizzlies to allow 6 to be taken across 3 states, not to mention the $$$ revenue this would generate for $20 non-refundable just to apply for a tag.

Or heck even 1 tag per state, and put both residents and non-residents in the same pool.

birdhunter
07-26-2012, 12:24 PM
It would be great to be able to hunt even 2 bears a year. I would like to see them take the average number of problem grizzlies they kill a year for each state. Then make that the quota for each year. I doubt that will happen though. It would just be nice to see the bears running away from a gunshot in the future rather than running to it like a dinner bell.

Old Hunter
07-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Sort of easy hunting. Shoot a tree, and wait for the bear to come to you.

HuntWYODon
07-26-2012, 02:54 PM
They need to give out some tags around the Cody area. Absoroka, Shoesone are over populated with them and now the wolves...

BossBrott
07-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Id have no prolem driving for 24 hours to bag a grizzly bedspread!:)

HuntWYODon
07-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Id have no prolem driving for 24 hours to bag a grizzly bedspread!:)

19 hrs. if you drive straight through to Cody. LOL !

ivorytip
07-27-2012, 06:34 AM
this will get shot down. something deff needs to happen though, we need to make these things scared of us, getting to dangerous out there, even for the seasoned sportsman. had 2 diff sets of grizz tracks at my bait sight this spring, a unit fish and game claims grizz hasnt habbited yet, think again.

HuntWYODon
07-27-2012, 03:44 PM
this will get shot down. something deff needs to happen though, we need to make these things scared of us, getting to dangerous out there, even for the seasoned sportsman. had 2 diff sets of grizz tracks at my bait sight this spring, a unit fish and game claims grizz hasnt habbited yet, think again.
I've talked to a couple outfitters and have heard scary stories. One guy fired 3 slugs from a 12 ga. next to the bear that was on their elk when the came back to get it and that wouldn't scare it off until he switched to 00 buck. My friend rode up one side of the mtn. to get his elk and passsed 6 different grizzlies. on the way back down the other side he passed 7 different grizzlies. That's a little over populated. A taxidermist friend has a picture of a grizzley sleeping on top of their elk. Screw that ! 6 yrs. ago I was driving up the mtn. and saw a sow griz with two cubs going the oposite direction. later on I found a dead buck they were feeding. about a 20 in 4 pt.. I still wonder if the bear killed it or found it dead or what. Was out in the open ???

ivorytip
07-28-2012, 06:34 AM
huntwyodon, that was in wyoming im guessing? yeah scary stuff, they dont fear us! then whenone gets shot they treat us worse than chomos and make us evil people. change is deff instore. we had the grizz in unit 66 in idaho. several in driggs area, also seen 2 in dimond creek last year while scouting for elk.

HuntWYODon
07-29-2012, 01:59 PM
huntwyodon, that was in wyoming im guessing? yeah scary stuff, they dont fear us! then whenone gets shot they treat us worse than chomos and make us evil people. change is deff instore. we had the grizz in unit 66 in idaho. several in driggs area, also seen 2 in dimond creek last year while scouting for elk.

Ivorytip,
Yes it was. Cody area. Have seen more and more over the years there and they definitely have no fear of humans. Friends there tell me alot of stories too. I talked to a hunter a couple years ago that shot a buck. But the time he got over to it and found it. There was a griz standing on it with it's front paws looking at him while bouncing up and done one it with it's front legs. Fck. that ! He told
Fish and Game and they said go shoot another buck... I wonder if that is what happend to the buck I found that the sow and 2 cubs were feeding on now that I think of it ???

ivorytip
07-29-2012, 02:29 PM
wow, make a cool pic i guess:cool: cody area huh? i just had a good friend move down there, best taxidermist i know, you should look him up. montieth taxidermy. the guy does magical work. fixed my broken deer horn and created the best shoulder mount ive seen. dont ask why horn was broke, long story, one shot kill so thats what counts right?:rolleyes:

HuntWYODon
07-29-2012, 06:56 PM
wow, make a cool pic i guess:cool: cody area huh? i just had a good friend move down there, best taxidermist i know, you should look him up. montieth taxidermy. the guy does magical work. fixed my broken deer horn and created the best shoulder mount ive seen. dont ask why horn was broke, long story, one shot kill so thats what counts right?:rolleyes:

I have a taxidermist friend in Cody. Name is Dean. He owns Bighorn taxidermy. I bet it rolled and broke it or you shot it off !:D

DryFlyGuy
10-27-2012, 11:02 PM
So far I have been fortunate. I have seen 20 plus grizzly in the last three years and they have all ran the other way.

All encounters have been in the Cody area.

ivorytip
10-28-2012, 06:30 AM
we cut across some grizz tracks in unit 76 in middle of september, idaho. big ole pads. hunting method sure changes fast after that.