PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming Unit 68

shedhead
08-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I drew a tag for unit 68 and am heading out next week to look around and was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on this unit. I have been looking at the BLM land in the north part of the unit, I'm assuming the goats are spread out through the unit. Are there any areas that don't have quite as many roads that I can hike around? Thanks for any help.

247Buckfever
08-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Shedhead, my dad and I also drew 68 and will be out there Sept. 23rd. I sent you a PM

HuntWYODon
08-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Shedhead, my dad and I also drew 68 and will be out there Sept. 23rd. I sent you a PM
You guys. Check out the walk in area for the Dumbell Ranch. I shot a few decent loper bucks there before it was a walk in area. Last time PI hunted there was 1997 though. There is public land around there also. Drive down Dry Creek Rd. running north and south. Going north 68 is on left and 60 on right for most of the way. Used to be lot's of loper's around...?

HuntWYODon
08-22-2012, 08:56 AM
69 not 60.

shedhead
08-24-2012, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the suggestion WYODon, Im headed out today to look around.

HuntWYODon
08-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Good luck ! The goats will be mainly in the back of the ranch behind the Granite Hills. Get in them to glass. Worked for me a few times. I stumbled onto a lynx once there that killed a doe antelope. Must of been laying when it attacked it. The ground was all tore up. It ran away when I approached it up into the rocks. It had eaten a little and tried covering it with dirt and grass.

HuntWYODon
08-26-2012, 02:12 PM

If you get the chance or find out, let me know if Gaynell and Norm Park stiill own the ranch and if still kicking. It would be sad to find out Gaynell had passed on. She was a fine lady. Helped me with some things in my life . God bless her