PDA

View Full Version : What is the best sighting system for primitive muzzleloader? Goast rings?

xtreme
03-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Most shooting opportunities come in low light conditions. What are the best sights to use where scopes are not allowed?

NormB
03-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Not sure exactly your definition of primitive, but I've mounted a Williams WGRS receiver (peep) sight on my TC Omega, and love it. I replaced the fiber optic front sight with the smallest ivory bead that I could get. I use various size apertures depending on light conditions. They are easily changed in the field. I took a nice mule deer in the high desert of Northeastern CA year before last at 230 yds with this system. I practice a lot at 200yds, and feel comfortable shooting at that distance with this sighting system. It works for me. I have the same set-up on a Marlin 1895 45-70.

xtreme
03-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Thank you very much. I will be using the muzzleloader in Colorado. Scopes are not allowed so I was looking for agood sighting system, especially in low light. I know the black powder guns suprised me with their accuracy.

FrontierMuzzleloading
04-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Ghost Ring rear and Globe front is a great set up.