08-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Just got a text with this pic:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NRS
08-22-2012, 07:43 PM
WOW! That is one mighty fine buck!

jay
08-22-2012, 08:16 PM
damn!!! Is that from this year? What a monster!!!

Ikeepitcold
08-22-2012, 08:43 PM
I saw this buck posted on FB yesterday. Funny thing is I've heard this buck is one he took last year but I don't know that for sure just talk I've heard. I've also heard that he bought a land owner tag and he had guides all over his area looking for bucks. I guess with his rep of taking amazing deer like this one you do what you have to do.

velvetfvr
08-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I saw this buck posted on FB yesterday. Funny thing is I've heard this buck is one he took last year but I don't know that for sure just talk I've heard. I've also heard that he bought a land owner tag and he had guides all over his area looking for bucks. I guess with his rep of taking amazing deer like this one you do what you have to do.

I agree, but I am positive it is this years. I saw his buck from last year and was a pig too. He has the money to pay the guys to find him 200" deer every time he hunts.

HuskyMusky
08-22-2012, 09:12 PM
That man consistently takes big animals year in year out!

HOW?

velvetfvr
08-22-2012, 09:16 PM
That man consistently takes big animals year in year out!

HOW?

How?= MONEY

HuskyMusky
08-22-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm gonna have to make lots of that then! $$ that is...

Ikeepitcold
08-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Me too. Either way he is the one that killed it and has to be one hell of a hunter.

In God We Trust
08-23-2012, 08:55 PM
What a pig! I can't wait to start hunting.

Thunderball
09-20-2012, 02:54 PM
He must have bought a landowner tag if it's this year's deer. (or he poached it (doubt it)) The tag list shows him as unsuccessful. My guess is that it's an old photo or from a different state.

Just got a text with this pic:

velvetfvr
09-20-2012, 05:09 PM
He must have bought a landowner tag if it's this year's deer. (or he poached it (doubt it)) The tag list shows him as unsuccessful. My guess is that it's an old photo or from a different state.

I don't know but it is from NV and 2012. And legal too.

Nebraska Outlander
09-20-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm sorry but if you have to pay a lot of money for someone to scout the deer for you so you can go shoot it, doesn't mean squat to me. To be an all around "Trophy Hunter" means to me you put in the time to scout and find the deer year in and year out! For sure this is a nice deer and to get close to one takes a lot of skill, great job to the hunter. Just feel you should earn your wings not pay for them.

Not trying to start anything but it is frustrating when people who have money walk into a timber and come out with a trophy almost every time. Maybe I don't understand, sorry

Nebraska Outlander

velvetfvr
09-20-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry but if you have to pay a lot of money for someone to scout the deer for you so you can go shoot it, doesn't mean squat to me. To be an all around "Trophy Hunter" means to me you put in the time to scout and find the deer year in and year out! For sure this is a nice deer and to get close to one takes a lot of skill, great job to the hunter. Just feel you should earn your wings not pay for them.

Not trying to start anything but it is frustrating when people who have money walk into a timber and come out with a trophy almost every time. Maybe I don't understand, sorry

Nebraska Outlander

Randy doesn't hire a guide, he does it all by himself

hardstalk
09-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Not trying to be confrontational by any means. And i see where your coming from. If you look on randys website he takes monster deer in nv almost yearly and i can assure you there not 100,000 dollar governor tags. Being from arizona he has spent plenty of time in the nv desert. If i were paid to hunt and be in magazines i would spend the 5k-7500 a year on a landowners tag in my tried and true honey hole to walk out with a giant. He has a few spots here in nv worth millions and colorado also. Because he spends the time scouting and knows the behavior of large mature mule deer. I recieved an email recently started by this man and this is one of the 3-4 monsters in the pics. A few of his a few of his nephews who he spends alot of time scouting with. All in all the guy deserves nothing but the upmost respect for having the game figured out. Years of practice and hard work and we too can take monster animals year after year. Its not luck nor cash that gets his job done. Its pure practice determination and skill.

Nebraska Outlander
09-21-2012, 04:43 PM

I am confused then, am I reading this wrong?? I know this is threw the "Grape Vine" but this was what I was basing my comment on. If he didn't then great job and yes he deserves the respect he should get. If it is true that he does all his own work then I am sorry I made my previous comment, please forgive me.

With my previous comment I hope people understand what I am saying about using your money to shoot a monster deer. Again if he does all his own work then great for him and well done!!

Nebraska Outlander

velvetfvr
09-21-2012, 05:22 PM
I am confused then, am I reading this wrong?? I know this is threw the "Grape Vine" but this was what I was basing my comment on. If he didn't then great job and yes he deserves the respect he should get. If it is true that he does all his own work then I am sorry I made my previous comment, please forgive me.

With my previous comment I hope people understand what I am saying about using your money to shoot a monster deer. Again if he does all his own work then great for him and well done!!

Nebraska Outlander

This is his 2012 deer. My buddy who knows every guide in NV and arguably the best bighorn guide in the state too got this picture to me right after the kill. This is a legit, 2012 NV deer.