PDA

View Full Version : SPOT Gps

NorthT
08-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Anyone ever used any of these devices?? The SPOT or SPOT connect that is suppose to connect with your cell phone or do you just rent a satillite phone. I have never is a sat phone, what would you expect to pay for one for like 10 days?

jenbickel
08-30-2012, 12:34 PM
I have the SPOT connect for my iPhone and I swear by it. Definitely adds a level
of comfort when out in BFE. I think my parents worry more about me than I actually worry about me and so it gives them a little sense of comfort too.

NorthT
08-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Okay so by connecting you can call/text to and from phone?

HuntWYODon
08-30-2012, 12:42 PM
I have the SPOT connect for my iPhone and I swear by it. Definitely adds a level
of comfort when out in BFE. I think my parents worry more about me than I actually worry about me and so it gives them a little sense of comfort too.
We all "worry" about you Jenny....
CC said he got his on sale at Cabela's for $99.95 and it cost $99.95 for activation for 1 yr. ...
We'll be tracking you Jen....

Old Hunter
08-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Are you hunting in Egypt Jen?

jenbickel
08-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Okay so by connecting you can call/text to and from phone?

Yes you can... You can even get on Facebook. :) and you can have it set up where you can email people. It's pretty nifty really.

Don- lol I know everyone "worries" about me. I do too ;)

Old hunter- yes, I am... Lol ok not really. Maybe I shoulda said BFW. The W stands for Wyoming lol ;)

HuntWYODon
08-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Yes you can... You can even get on Facebook. :) and you can have it set up where you can email people. It's pretty nifty really.

Don- lol I know everyone "worries" about me. I do too ;)

Old hunter- yes, I am... Lol ok not really. Maybe I shoulda said BFW. The W stands for Wyoming lol ;)

Facebook...Serously...I want to puke now. LOL !
No Jen, I mean we really "worry"... about you....:confused: