PDA

View Full Version : Best 2 way radios???

Cane Creek
09-04-2012, 03:23 PM
What is the best brand of small 2 way radios for elk hunting. Looking for something good so the shooter can communicate with the caller. Seems that most 2 way radios have a beeping sound when you begin and/or end a conversation. Thanks for the help.

mnhunter
09-04-2012, 03:34 PM
It sounds like you what you are talking about would be illegal. Not sure where you plan on using this technique, but you should probably check your game laws.

canvsbk
09-04-2012, 03:56 PM
What he said.

Muleys 24/7
09-04-2012, 06:48 PM
What is the best brand of small 2 way radios for elk hunting. Looking for something good so the shooter can communicate with the caller. Seems that most 2 way radios have a beeping sound when you begin and/or end a conversation. Thanks for the help.

Most small 2 way radios you can turn off the beep sound in the menu of the radio, or you can always get the PTT ear peice. I have a couple Midland radios that have the beep turn off option.

dying to kill
09-04-2012, 09:34 PM
i got a couple sets of motorolas and i have the ear pieces that work great i recommend them i did get the model with the rechargable batteries and they arent worth a crap but put regular batts in em and their a life saver

JamesDean
09-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Hi there cane creek, I'm not entirely sure on why you would need to use this but here goes. Have you tried looking for 2 way radio from jcwhitney (http://www.jcwhitney.com/2-way-radios/midland/b1519c14861j1s25.jcwx)? They have a lot of brands out there, but I'd agree with sir ^dying to kill. Moto's have always proven to be superior in the field of long lasting usage.

P.S. It'd be wise to follow the advice of the other members and check up on your game laws. :)