PDA

View Full Version : Kuiu's New Camo Pattern - Verde

Montana
09-06-2012, 05:45 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on the new pattern? The product itself, I have to admit is top notch. I have pretty much gone completely Kuiu. Not because of the new trend, in fact that is the only thing that holds me back, but because the product itself is really top quality for a reasonable price.

What I can't get... What makes them think they can expand when they can't service what they currently have? Outstanding product but boy they better be careful with their service.....

Any thoughts out there?

Why not add a Kuiu pic with a dream stand location. Trail with a shallow creek crossing with alfalfa in the background:)

Old Hunter
09-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Doesn't matter what humans think. What does an elk think?

llp
09-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Love their products as well, and also appreciate the new camo pattern. I've never really been a fan of the camo when in the store, but having seen it work in the field has really sold me. I don't buy camo patterns for the fashion statement (unlke many, apparently), and it is very effective to game animals. The new green pattern will be an improvement for early season, woodland hunts, however. Great move.
I don't particularly mind that their products are frequently backordered. I understand this is how they keep prices down, and I tend to plan ahead and don't need instant shipping very often. We've gotten spoiled by instant availability, but most don't realize how much this adds to the cost.
llp

dp1077
09-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Great products, Placed my order today for the Verde set up. Hope I receive it before my trip to Idaho for Elk and Muley in mid October! If it doesn't make it I will still have the Vias.

Montana
09-07-2012, 04:38 AM
Doesn't matter what humans think. What does an elk think?

I think they are upset with the backorders too :)

IIp... Good point on the instant availability.. It is true. Not too long ago I ordered the neck gaiter and asked them to waive my shipping for me since I have to order piece by piece. He responded with humor, "nice try", which I didn't mind. But here it comes around, That neck gaiter (shown above) is a genius design. That face mask system is super thin material and super stretchy. You can breathe through it totally fine and you don't get too hot. Most importantly, it's not baggy and doesn't effect your archery shooting. Again, this product itself rocks. Just have to get over the wait period.

Old Hunter
09-07-2012, 08:09 AM
I think they are upset with the backorders too :)

Do you think elk will get smart enough to start wearing camo? :)

Then it will actually work.

Futboler
09-07-2012, 03:58 PM
I just cancelled my backordered vias pants with KUIU that I sent for on the 1st of June. They just got the material this week and didn't expect them to be done until the last week of Sept. That doesn't work for most bow seasons. So I ordered the First Lite Kanab pants from Linton and got them in 3 days. Once KUIU gets their feet set, they'll be able to keep up, but I am surprised that they released a new line of camo given their current processing power.

ivorytip
09-07-2012, 04:27 PM
montana it looks like ur stand is near darby area:rolleyes: the pattern is cool! every has thier theory on if cammo actualy works for big game or not, my main purpose is to hide from other hunters.

Old Hunter
09-07-2012, 05:45 PM
montana it looks like ur stand is near darby area:rolleyes: the pattern is cool! every has thier theory on if cammo actualy works for big game or not, my main purpose is to hide from other hunters.

Better not move. Some bozos will shoot at anything that moves if it isn't wearing blaze orange.

ivorytip
09-07-2012, 07:06 PM
thats why i stay away from co. ..... to many (old hunters)haha, jk jk jk. yeah i hear ya though, some of these dudes are crazy

Old Hunter
09-07-2012, 08:08 PM
We've got the hunters alright. We have 280,000 elk, and I believe 216,000 elk hunters. Good thing everybody doesn't get an elk.

Montana
09-08-2012, 07:56 AM
I just cancelled my backordered vias pants with KUIU that I sent for on the 1st of June. They just got the material this week and didn't expect them to be done until the last week of Sept. That doesn't work for most bow seasons. So I ordered the First Lite Kanab pants from Linton and got them in 3 days. Once KUIU gets their feet set, they'll be able to keep up, but I am surprised that they released a new line of camo given their current processing power.

Good for you... I hope you like them. It's quite frustrating what KUIU has going on. But it's their deal and they can run it how they want... If we don't like it, we just do what you did... Don't contribute.

DryFlyGuy
10-27-2012, 10:57 PM
I think it looks like an optifade knock off.

Edelweiss
10-27-2012, 11:40 PM
I don't think it looks anything like optifade, to me it looks like US military 3 color desert, that someone washed with some brown die.

Have nothing against camo, I think it's really cool. If it doesn't blotch up that's great.

Okbow87
10-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Might want to go check out their blog. It should give you some insight as to how they plan to keep up their current product availability and release the new camo line. They are moving production from Canada to China.

Edelweiss
10-30-2012, 02:51 PM
China huh?

I think we should all try and motivate these companies to produce things in America. I'd pay a 50% premium for items made in America, I don't know about you guys?

DryFlyGuy
10-30-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't think it looks anything like optifade, to me it looks like US military 3 color desert, that someone washed with some brown die.

Have nothing against camo, I think it's really cool. If it doesn't blotch up that's great.

I think the fact that they went with a digitized pattern that is both a micro and macro camouflage is right in line with the optifade science. The fact that it is a slightly different hue is the only thing that differentiates it from optifade. It looks like it belongs right between the open country pattern and the forest pattern from the optifade line. Just my opinion.

Edelweiss
10-30-2012, 09:05 PM
First off, I didn't realize they had a new pattern I thought their "new" pattern was the Vias so I appologize about that.

Vias is a pretty unimpressive pattern, as like I said before it's a dirty version of military 3 color desert.

But, i just looked at the new pattern and it is different.

I wouldn't jump out and say it is as advanced as the green optifade, but it's not a bad pattern.

So saying, that it has a few similarities with optifade, but look at it and comparing it to the Navy AOR3 mountain digital green I am wearing right now I don't think it's even as advanced as any of our military digital patterns. And when you compare it to something like the Canadian militarys patterns I think it is even less impressive.

From what I can see, I am not a fan.

Okbow87
10-31-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm not saying that I think the china move is a bad thing, I was just letting people know that's how they are going to make the new line happen. The company they get all of their material (toray) from is already based out of japan. Supposedly by allowing toray to handle all the production chain, it allows them to more materials, new camo patterns, and able to design more new products. The owner says he went to japan and china to check out the new facilities involved and says there will be no drop off of quality.

If anybody has the verde stuff they should look at the tag and it will say made in china. They actually made this move before they started the new line, but only recently released the information to the public. That part I do not care for.

Edelweiss
10-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Japan is not China, Japan is a first world country that is for the most part NOT an Enemy of the United States.

It is damn hard to find hunting gear not made in China.

I didn't spend 20 years in the military to buy hunting gear made by the enemy.

I just looked in my desk at the shirts I just got from Brunton Optics in Riverton, Wyoming. These were made in Honduras. Honduras is a nice place to fish! :)

Grantbvfd
10-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Japan is not China, Japan is a first world country that is for the most part NOT an Enemy of the United States.

I just looked in my desk at the shirts I just got from Brunton Optics in Riverton, Wyoming. These were made in Honduras. Honduras is a nice place to fish! :)

KUIU says on it's blog that production is going to be done in today's main facility in Shanghai, which last I checked was in China.

Edelweiss
10-31-2012, 05:44 PM
That's not what I am saying, I don't care if they buy fabric from Japan and have them made in China. They are then a chinese product and not a Japanese one.

Japan is not our enemy, and I don't have a problem with buying fabric from Japan.

Even if the fabric came from America, and the production was done in China it would sicken me.

And when I say China is our enemy I mean that financially. They are out to own the world even if it takes them 300 years.

DryFlyGuy
10-31-2012, 08:51 PM

Edelweiss, I think Okbow was saying that instead of shipping the material from Japan to Canada, they will now ship the material from Japan to China. The material comes from Japan, but will be manufactured in China, hence 'Made in China'.