PDA

View Full Version : My hunting area is now on fire.

Spud
09-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Just found out the area I usually hunt is on fire. Some thunder storms rolled through this morning and lightning started new fires. I guess I'll go to plan b, hopefully it won't be on fire come October.

T.S. Allen
09-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Hey Spud sorry to hear that, I hope you still get the opportunity to hunt. I am pretty sure that under the circumstances you can switch units. That is if you have already purchased a tag for that unit. Good luck.

Spud
09-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks T.S. Its been a crazy dry summer and fall. It's a big unit, so I'm going to scout out other areas tomorrow. I heard this evening that this fire was started by someone who hit an underground power line. It has covered quite a bit of area already. I'm ready for some rain or snow!

Spud
09-10-2012, 11:29 PM

There are three fires in the area. The forest service says the fire danger in this area is beyond extreme.

Ikeepitcold
09-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Well kind of the same for me less the fire. So many guys hunting my honey hole I guess the word got out! I've heard to tell everyone I know to hunt there and let it get hunted out then wait a few years and try it again. Not sure if I like the idea of it. Good luck! I hope plan B works for you!!