PDA

View Full Version : snow!

ivorytip
09-25-2012, 06:37 PM
got snowed on last night! didnt stick around to long but ive never welcomed the white stuff so much before, felt great!

ivorytip
09-25-2012, 06:40 PM
funnest part was watching two arkansas boys in a 2x pack up gear and haul out. ha, acted like the world was ending. they had a small bull in thier truck anyway.

Ikeepitcold
09-25-2012, 07:39 PM
I love to hunt in the snow!

Muleys 24/7
09-25-2012, 08:14 PM
I love to hunt in the snow!

Me too, powder snow. I've tracked deer several times in it.

Fink
09-25-2012, 08:28 PM
funnest part was watching two arkansas boys in a 2x pack up gear and haul out. ha, acted like the world was ending. they had a small bull in thier truck anyway.

Those Arkansas hands are funny like that.. The state feels it necessary to post EVERY SINGLE bridge with "Caution, bridge may ice in winter" signs.

Sissies.

ivorytip
09-25-2012, 09:18 PM
haha, wheres blue springs? i lived down in the boot leg of mo for several months. i think is was called kennit or something like that, bordered arkansas.

Fink
09-25-2012, 09:47 PM
It's a suburb of Kansas City, 20 miles East.

Bootleg.. Lol, we refer to it as the bootheel, but I'm pretty sure I'm officially referring to it as the bootleg from here on out. I've been all over the state, chasing ducks, shooting deer, going to school... But for whatever reason, I've never made it down to that part of the state.

bullelk
09-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Where did it snow? We are supposed to see some late next week. I pray the Salmon region gets some soon.

Chippy Hacky
09-26-2012, 08:20 AM
I am wondering the exact same thing!

T.S. Allen
09-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Been hoping for some snow here in the Snowies but nothing yet. I went out the other morning for a quick hunt and it was drizzling rain. After packing in to my spot it was silent. I was astonished. I assumed it would be full of rutting bulls. I was able to get a few bulls bugling after about 30 minuted of calling but only 2 elk came in. Closing day is fast approaching I hope I get some help from the weather!

ando_31
09-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Sure has been a strange year in regards to the weather. We have some 80+ degree days in the forecast for ND (I thought it was fall now :confused:). I'm more of a -10 to -20 degree hunter myself. I'm a big fan of any weather that lets me have the woods to myself. Plus the snow sure helps with spotting critters.

ivorytip
09-26-2012, 12:20 PM
hmmm, in between caribou mt and poker peak somewhere:cool: ha, on top of jensen pass, wasnt alot but was sure nice to see. been watching the radar and looks like a huge low is forming in alaska and dropping our way, if it keeps coming we could be into the snow bout a week from this weekend. cross your fingers. and poor salmon, ud think with all the rain we got it woulda cleard them out but instead it settled the smoke in deeper. atleast its not in the 80's anymore.