PDA

View Full Version : I am so depressed ....

gspman
09-28-2012, 04:44 PM
I am so depressed...
I was all set...cocked locked and ready to head out to elk camp in Tex Creek in a couple weeks.
All my gear is already pre-inspected,cleaned, fixed...ready to pack, all details double checked, ammo loaded, rifles sited in, knives sharpened, truck and trailer serviced, new tires,,,ect..

Then the septic system took a dump literally....then a week later the furnace guy says my funace is toast.

I can't believe so much expense could come in so short of time, Never the less my hunting is done for this year.
No way to get funds to drive to idaho from wisconsin except a loan from the bank....not doing that...wife says go ahead.......arrrgggg

You folks, please help me by posting pics of your camp and hunt in the coming weeks....please !!!!!!!!

I am going nuts here

sjsmallfield
09-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck man. When it rains it pours I guess. Hope everything takes a turn for the better. Hang in there!

Ilovethewest
09-28-2012, 05:19 PM
i would do the loan......................

ando_31
09-28-2012, 05:45 PM
screw the loan, fix the heat, poop outside and fix the septic later (you're going to leave your scat outside when you're camping, just think of it as an extension of your trip when you're doing it at home too)

Highcountry Dreams
09-28-2012, 06:35 PM
That sucks man!! Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I think I would probably take the loan, but my wife would kill me so you are one step ahead already:)

Bitterroot Bulls
09-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear it gspman, keep your chin up, brother.

If it helps any, we had near perfect weather for two weeks in AK ... but when I got home to MT the valley was still socked in with smoke.

N.Y.ArcheryMadMan
09-28-2012, 06:53 PM
I thought I was the ONLY ONE with that much BAD LUCK feel Your PAIN.. GOOD LUCK..... I Hope you live to be a 120 and have many more opertunities for future hunts......

miller1
09-28-2012, 07:13 PM
We could all send you $20 and you would be on your way, we could call it "hunters against bad luck". :)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Muleys 24/7
09-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Hopfully you can find a way, I always seem to?

T.S. Allen
09-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Man I feel your pain I am so sorry to hear that. I have hunted the open bull hunt before in the Tex Creek Zone. It is a good hunt. The best part the tag is OTC and the elk will be there next year. Keep your chin up.

Drhorsepower
09-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Sucks man! Sorry to hear that, I don't have a hunting trip planned this month but my dog has spent every day besides today at the vet and racked up over 2k in vet bills, kids er visit, 1600, tv went out, wife wanted a good one so there is 3k, yup, I'm broke, I feel your pain!

ando_31
09-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Uffda! I'm getting depressed reading this thread.

Ikeepitcold
09-29-2012, 09:57 AM
I say go man! You already spent so much do let it go to waist. You will figure it out. Maybe a generator and a space heater and do your business outside. GOOOOOOOOOOO!

Caseyu
09-29-2012, 06:43 PM
All those things are terrible. but look at something. your wife told you to go. She Fing rocks!. you have all your hunting gear ready for the next adventure. your house is dialed for winter. and you have all of us to show you pics of our stories, adventures, or anything comes to mind.!!! :) don't sound too bad to me. best of luck to you brother!!! i bet the luck is coming your way :) keep your head up!

Gperkins21
09-29-2012, 09:16 PM
I say hunting season only happens once a year....you can always get married again...but you can never reagin this hunting season!! :)

wolftalonID
10-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Just a thought. Check with your insurance carrier. They may...cover some of that emergency house repairs.

gspman
10-06-2012, 09:47 PM
yes my wife rocks, but she is not the one to go to for financial advise...lol

I made a bunch of bacon and breakfast sausage for the rest of the guys to take with. I am sure i will get somethig in return ...not that that matters..
This is one of those suck it up and deal with it moments.. especially since my son and i usually leave on the 8th.. day after tmro............arggggggggg
I am happy that everyone here is allowing me to vent, and still be cool about it.

gspman

gspman
10-11-2012, 05:06 PM
well i would normally be in camp right now ...acclimating to the altitude, by a campfire with a cold one. thinking about the spots i had scouted today....
can't wait till next year ....

gspman
11-02-2012, 08:00 PM
So how did everyone fare so far ?

well i would normally be in camp right now ...acclimating to the altitude, by a campfire with a cold one. thinking about the spots i had scouted today....
can't wait till next year ....

ivorytip
11-02-2012, 11:18 PM
been a good year so far gspman. alot of people in ut tex creek spot:cool: just think, if we have another mild winter this year next years deer and elk hunt will be off the charts, alot of quality being pulled out allready. grab your bow and go stick you some whitetails brother

Edelweiss
11-03-2012, 04:43 AM
It happens, I would not do a loan either.

Wife is begging me for us to travel more in Australia before I retire. I told her one more big trip, Great Barrier Reef and we are done.

Relocating home is going to be expensive. There will be more tags and more oppertunities.

One of my least favorite human concepts is that idea of "once in a lifetime".

The whole idea of once in a lifetime is BS.

You'll have other chances, don't worry. Just think you are that much closer to next years trip.