PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming anteope unit 20 advice?

cad
10-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Hey guys,

New guy here, been getting Eastmans magazines for years now, but just joined the forum. Anyway, my friend and I decided to ditch our SD whitetail hunt due to EHD, and picked up a couple Wy antelope unit 20 tags. I ordered a map of the area, and have done some internet scouring, but has anyone hunted this unit? We'll be hunting middle of the season in early November. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can return the favor with some intel from units 9 or 47, or Nebraska/So Dak whitetail info. Thanks again.

Elkoholic307
10-12-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't know anything about the area but was kicking around the idea of picking up a couple of the leftovers and giving it a shot. I'm a little gunshy about going over there though. I hunted just north of there a few years ago and it was pathetic.

cad
10-13-2012, 11:17 PM
I don't know anything about the area but was kicking around the idea of picking up a couple of the leftovers and giving it a shot. I'm a little gunshy about going over there though. I hunted just north of there a few years ago and it was pathetic.

Yeah, we aren't expecting much, there were only a few (2) with leftover buck tags with a season that fit the timeframe we were looking for. At the very least it will be fun to learn some new area, maybe it would be a good deer or elk area, in the future. If we eat the tags, so be it. If you grab some tags let me know how ya make out, I'm driving out there Oct 24th, and after our Nebraska hunt, will be hunting unit 20 around November 2-4/5.

Umpqua Hunter
10-14-2012, 05:05 PM
I's not sure of the exact timing of when antelope bucks begin to shed their horn sheaths, but I think it is late October, early November. You may have an issue with that in early November.

cad
10-15-2012, 01:18 AM
I's not sure of the exact timing of when antelope bucks begin to shed their horn sheaths, but I think it is late October, early November. You may have an issue with that in early November.

I've heard mid November, but at any rate, we'll be cutting it close. Between that, land access, and weather, I think we'll have our work cut out for us. They don't call it hunting for nothing!