PDA

View Full Version : Condor Tactical Adventure Tech Clothing with Schoeller fabric.

Edelweiss
10-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Some of you that are skiers will know of Schoeller fabric from it's use in the ski and mountaineering industry.
I initially wrote Condor, but as I look down at my pants leg I realize I was wrong, it is Propper Tactical that did a test run in Coyote Brown, Multi-Cam, Army Pattern and Olive Drab Green of their tactical pants made out of this revolutionary fabric.

It's a 4 way stretch fabric, that repells water like a duck. It's not gore-tex and the seams are not taped. It's more of a high effort activity level fabric that gore-tex is.

The pants originally retailed ofr $180 and I got them for $40.

Google around and look for Condor Tactical Adventure tech and take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4l2zei2p9g Is a youtube video I found with the same gear. I appolgize about the wierdo Brit in the video, it's the only video I could find of the gear.

I googled it and had a hard time finding someone that had my size in stock, so I bought 6 pairs of the pants. Enough to last me quite a while.

Other Schoeller fabric pants are designed for skiing and have zippered pockets that a hunter wouldn't need. Price wise they are all over $250. Mammut is the most common brand, they are from Switzerland.

If you are looking for a very light weight high activity level pant/jacket out of a robust material for sheep/goat hunting I don't think you could do better.

Not going to be as water resistant as gore-tex, but it doesn't have the weight either.

At $40 I thought they were a steal. And they are the pants I wear the most.

Edelweiss
10-14-2012, 02:48 AM
I wrote Condor a couple times, but that's not right. It's Propper Tactical Adventure Tech.