PDA

View Full Version : Wolves?

Wyohunter
11-01-2012, 04:49 PM
According to the WG&F website 42 wolves have been taken since the season opened, including 9 outside of the trophy game areas. Does anybody know where the 9 wolves out side of the trophy game area were taken, I feel that the Game and Fish needs to let the public know where these other wolves are be killed and let everybody know how widespread the problem actually is.

sigpros
11-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I seem some tracks I believe to be a wolf today up north of Kemmemer.

Wyohunter
11-01-2012, 09:37 PM
I have heard from ranchers in the black hills in northeast Wyoming that they have seen wolves. I have never seen them but it's possible they are there.

jenbickel
11-02-2012, 09:44 AM
I know there are a bunch in the bighorns by Sheridan.

buckbull
11-02-2012, 10:42 AM
There are some in the southern bighorns as well near buffalo.

BKC
11-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I did some work in the Sheridan area and a concrete truck driver had pictures of wolves, sunning theirselves, on a hillside just off a main county road close to Buffalo. As I remember there were 3 or 4 in the picture.

Murdy
11-13-2012, 06:24 AM
Well, we know there's wolves in western Wyoming, Idaho, & Montana. And we know there's wolves in Wisconsin & Minnesota. Might as well just start coloring in the area in between as wolf country as those two groups grow.

Colorado Cowboy
11-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Last year I went to a regional Co. G & F Commission meeting and specifically asked what was their plan on Wolves. They were pretty evasive, like we'll deal with them when they get here, etc. Well guess what....they've been here! Biologist told me at least 2 have been documented in northern Colorado. Both were found dead and were collared Yellowstone wolves. Being collared I guess they were tracked so the folks who collared them knew where they were. If I remember right there was one also in SE Oregon/NE Calif. Sure be interesting to see the data where the wolves that are collared are moving to. Bet that is pretty tightly held data!!!

Its only a matter of time before we have to deal with them here in Colorado!

canvsbk
11-13-2012, 07:33 AM
...sss....

jenbickel
11-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Last year I went to a regional Co. G & F Commission meeting and specifically asked what was their plan on Wolves. They were pretty evasive, like we'll deal with them when they get here, etc. Well guess what....they've been here! Biologist told me at least 2 have been documented in northern Colorado. Both were found dead and were collared Yellowstone wolves. Being collared I guess they were tracked so the folks who collared them knew where they were. If I remember right there was one also in SE Oregon/NE Calif. Sure be interesting to see the data where the wolves that are collared are moving to. Bet that is pretty tightly held data!!!

Its only a matter of time before we have to deal with them here in Colorado!

The game and fish here did the same thing. They were really evasive about the whole wolves being here. They claimed there were none but there had been sighting and I had seen tracks while I was elk hunting. Then my uncle who works for a water treatment plant here in sheridan had pictures of them running by a couple of the water treatment plants every day...then all of a sudden the game and fish said we had a wolf problem.. Kinda seemed funny to me to go from them saying there are no wolves here to saying there's a wolf problem. Haha :)

xtreme
11-13-2012, 09:32 AM
I saw a picture of a black wolf just north of Walden Co. If I remember right the G&F made the pic. Best they say we dont have them.