PDA

View Full Version : Gps

deerhunter
11-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Me and a buddy has the Orgen 450 gps. Some other friends has some older orgen gps's. When we go trail riding, we carry all of them in our saddle bags, our two 450's records same amount of miles together, but our friends older units records something different, but they are the same together also. We've both checked the units with our trucks, all seemed to work correctly. Any body experienced this? Thanks for replys!

Elk Hunter
11-08-2012, 09:34 PM
My Oregon 450 is having the same problem, if it is a problem. Backpacking with two others for 7 days my GPS was always recording more miles each day. Comparing recorded distance with distance on Forest Service signs, the GPS is also showing greater distance. That may not mean much. In a vehicle it seems to nail speed and distance. I know carrying a GPS in your hand, swinging your arm as you walk, speed and distance will be way off. Maybe the Oregon 450 is measuring minute movements, such as side to side, as you walk or bounce around on the trail. Just a guess. I am not ready to give up on it yet. Good to hear from someone with the same experience.

deerhunter
11-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks elk hunter. Thought a:)bout calling Orgen but thought Id ck here first