PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!

Eberle
11-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. Ours started out at 5:00 this morning with my youngest son & youngest daughter throwing-up! I hope my Wife & I dodge it, we have a date this weekend! She had a birthday on the 20th & we are going to the OU vs. OSU football game on Saturday. So I hope the kids get to feeling better & everyone here stays healthy. Eat some turkey & dressing for us! We decided to stay home & skip our family dinner, did not want to expose the virus to the rest of our family. Looked out the window for deer several times this morning. It is rifle season here, all I've seen is a doe & fawn. Might go out with my oldest son this evening.

God Bless everyone & their families.

AKaviator
11-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Eberle,

I hope that your family feels better soon. Have a great Thanksgiving either way and I'll be sure to over-eat a little bit in your honor!

Blessings to you and your family.

Ikeepitcold
11-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Thank you! Happy Tday to all

Eberle
11-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Thanks Guys

AKaviator, I'm glad you could over eat in my honor! My Mom saved me some left-overs. My oldest son threw-up last night. I've been praying that God will heal everyone & spare me, my wife & oldest girl from the virus!

T.S. Allen
11-23-2012, 08:24 AM
God bless your family. If you need me to come down and watch the Sooners beat up on the Cowboys just let me know ;)

Eberle
11-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks, my wife has got it now! That would be a long drive four you! Where are you at in Wyoming? I hope them Sooners beat them. I could be wrong but, I think it will be a good game. The TCU/Texas game last night was a good one.

T.S. Allen
11-23-2012, 08:55 AM
I just moved out o Cheyenne 6 months ago. I missed the TCU game. OU plays them next week I think. I spent a little time in the oil patch of OK. Lived in Woodward.

T.S. Allen
11-23-2012, 09:00 AM
My typing can use some help. I moved out to Cheyenne.

Eberle
11-23-2012, 09:03 AM
That's what I've done my whole life, worked in the oil & gas. When I worked for Phillips 66 we had a terminal at Lavern, OK. Still got some good friends in that area. You will enjoy Wyoming, if you love to hunt & fish. I've been hunting up there since 2000. I love that state. I wouldn't mind living up there, just not sure if I could handle the winters!

T.S. Allen
11-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Yeah I came from SE ID near Jackson Hole WY. I love the winters over there more snow less wind. I have never hunted the speed goat so next year I will try to get one but I think I will still head back to the west side of the state for elk. Is WY were you killed the elk in your photos?

Eberle
11-23-2012, 09:38 AM
No those elk were killed in southern Co East of Pagosa Springs. It was an otc archery tag. Those two guys are my hunting buddies. I've never hunted elk in Wyoming. I've only hunted antelope & mule deer in Wyoming. Unit 63 & 7 for antelope & Region B & D for mule deer. I've been picking up leftovers the last few years.

AKaviator
11-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Eberle,
I sure hope you all are feeling better. Bummer to have the flu going around during Thanksgiving. Wow, I ate enough for all of us. Had my first Turducken and some canada goose plus all the trimmings! I'm going to have to find sheep hanging on the base of the hills if I draw a tag this year! It'll take 2 trips to get my belly up there!

Certainly a lot to be thankful for this year,

Blessings to you all!

Eberle
11-24-2012, 09:28 AM
We feel much better today. My wife & I both came down with it yesterday. It was horrible! My oldest daughter is the only one left that has not got it yet. I've been praying she will not get it! We ended up selling our football tickets. I guess we can go do something else next weekend. I've got alot to be thankful for this year as well. Goodluck scouting!

jenbickel
11-24-2012, 11:20 AM
No those elk were killed in southern Co East of Pagosa Springs. It was an otc archery tag. Those two guys are my hunting buddies. I've never hunted elk in Wyoming. I've only hunted antelope & mule deer in Wyoming. Unit 63 & 7 for antelope & Region B & D for mule deer. I've been picking up leftovers the last few years.

We should change that!! Come out here elk hunting!!! :)

Eberle
11-24-2012, 01:38 PM
We should change that!! Come out here elk hunting!!! :)

Yes, we do need to change that. I've got max points, been applying every year. Just have not drew out yet. Maybe I need to lower my standards on the units!

jenbickel
11-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Yes! Lol what unit have you applied for?

Eberle
11-24-2012, 03:24 PM
22 & 111 in the Ferris Mountains area. I was thinking about looking into 30, 31 & 32.

jenbickel
11-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Ferris mountains are great! Try 38 and go with me!

Eberle
11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
I might just take you up on that. I'll shoot you a pm, I've got some questions about the unit.

T.S. Allen
11-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Hey Eberle. I am glad to hear that you survived. Too bad you missed the game it was a nail biter. Bedlam is once again owned by Norman. Go Sooners!!! I am taking my wife out on a cow elk hunt Tuesday. I will keep you updated.

Eberle
11-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Yes,we all survived. My oldest daughter came down with it this morning. She is doing better now, we are going to let her stay home from school tomorrow to make sure she is over it. It was a good game, I'm just glad we got the tickets sold. The kid I sold them to definitely got his money's worth. Those seats were $99 each! I was scared, I might have to give them away on such short notice. It worked out though, God was looking out for us! Just wasn't meant for Amy & I to be there. We will go on another date instead! Good luck on the cow tag. You got one spotted & tied up? Be Safe & Shoot Straight!