PDA

View Full Version : Turkey hunting san diego

HMCS23
11-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi Folks. New to the forum, and wanted to say hi. Anyone been turkey hunting in San Diego. Went to Palamor range and Descano, but did not see a thing.

Thanks

Eberle
11-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the forum! I have not turkey hunted since the spring. We have a fall season here, but been hunting deer.

Muleys 24/7
11-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Hi Folks. New to the forum, and wanted to say hi. Anyone been turkey hunting in San Diego. Went to Palamor range and Descano, but did not see a thing.

Thanks

From my experience, about 99% of turkey's I've seen has been on privite property. I've been all over the place with hardly any luck on public lands. With that being said, I don't waste my time trying to persue them any more. However, with some hard hunting, I did get lucky a few years back. Good luck!

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff431/JKjeepin24/397.jpg

bigshot
11-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Yea I've been unsuccessful three years in a roll now in San Diego County. I've seen them on public land, just got busted each time. I keep trying to hunt them like deer (Spot and stalk) and it just don't work with a shotgun!! Will try again this year and hopefully be patient and sit in a stand. I have an idea were the pigs are too, so will start hunting them after Jan 1, and scout for turkeys as I go.