PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Spring Bear 2012

arrowslinger21
12-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Just finally got this up with some pictures. May seems so far back now but here it is if anyone wants to see a couple pictures or read a short story about it. Probably one of my favorite bear hunts so far. Have a great sunday everyone!
http://kunderwoodblog.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/spring-2012-a-look-back/

marcusvdk
12-02-2012, 08:17 PM
thats pretty awesome bear congrats

bullelk
12-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Nice! Makes me long for spring already.

Timberstalker
12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Nice! Man I love that canyon country. I'm not much into eating bears but I've considered spring bear hunting just to have a reason to get over there and hunt. I'm sure I could find someone to eat the thing! Congrats on your bear, looks like a good time.

arrowslinger21
12-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Spring bear hunting is a blast to get out and do something in the mountains. Plus as a bonus there are plenty of deer and elk out and visible in the open to appease your appetite for glassing. Bear meat makes great pepperoni and sausage if you are into that sort of thing. I wont touch elk pepperoni or deer pepperoni anymore after eating a few bears.

Tenmilestyle
12-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Cool! I ingnored bear hunting for a long time. only getting them on chance. Not anymore,the last 7 seasons i have enjoyed the great hunt they offer in the spring and love it!

brianrey
01-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Awesome man. I really liked it. Even i want to go for hunting but i am not sure about the place.

hoshour
01-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Cool! I ingnored bear hunting for a long time. only getting them on chance. Not anymore,the last 7 seasons i have enjoyed the great hunt they offer in the spring and love it!

Where can you hunt spring bear every year? Most states I know take a lot of points for nonresident spring bear.

hoshour
01-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Sorry, I should have looked at the thread title. I didn't know OR had spring bear for nonresidents. Looks like the success rate is pretty low, though.

Wild Country
01-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Thanks for sharing and making me feel worse for my spring bear hunt in Hells Canyon. I made three trips over the shortestes being three days and did not manage to fill my tag. Great looking bear and its never too late to post pics. I have been MIA for awhile and am going to post some myself now! Good luck next year too!