PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request for Connecticut

Eberle
12-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Forum Brothers & Sisters,

Please remember Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut in your Prayers. This is very sad, their community needs our prayers. I pray that God will give them peace & comfort & help them through this tragic time. It makes me sick to see this on the news. I've heard people say if there is a God, how can he allow this? Remember we are here at free will. God is a gentlemen & will not force anyone to do anything. That is why we need to pray and ask him to stop these shootings! His hands are tied until we pray in the name of Jesus. Once we pray he can & will intervine!

God Bless you & your families!

Bryan Eberle

Drhorsepower
12-14-2012, 12:56 PM
It's a shame. Thoughts and prayers go out to those affected.

AKaviator
12-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Amen Bryan Eberle, you said it well, thanks.

No one should have to imagine the horror that those innocent little children must have endured and their families are enduring now. I do pray that God be with their families, and with all of us, as we as a nation try to heal from the unspeakable, again.

Bob

Timberstalker
12-14-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't understand what could make someone do such horrible things. My thoughts and prayers for the families in Connecticut.

Colorado Cowboy
12-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Prayer up!

Only problem is it is one more thing the anti gun people can add to their arsenal.

slim jim
12-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Total bullshit that there are wack jobs in the world like that. I feel so sorry for the children and families involved. I have children and it just makes me ill

Fink
12-14-2012, 09:07 PM
My heart breaks for those affected by this. What an unimaginable tragedy.

Kevin Root
12-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Evil visited Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut on this tragic event. My thoughts and prayers go out for peace, comfort and healing for all a those affected. What happened was senseless and goes beyond my understanding on "why" evil things happen. Evil is real and with free will it infects our world at times. May God bless us all and protect us from evil.

CRIT'R GIT'R
12-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Just registered to talk about Wyo elk hunting and seen this thread. Its really sad that we even have to talk about this and send prayers and thoughts out to those affected by this senseless act. It makes me sick thinking about what those innocent kids went through and what there parents and families will never stop going through. Nothing else to say, It's just not right.

Ikeepitcold
12-15-2012, 07:59 AM
Our prayers go to all of those family's.

Eberle
12-15-2012, 08:23 PM
CC,

You are right, I guess Obama made that clear in his speech. From what I heard. I don't listen to him or any of his speeches. What the antigun groups don't get and never will, people kill people not guns. If it was not guns it will be something else.

As for how someone could do something this evil? Experts say he was mentally unstable. I can not argue with that, but I think there is more to it. If you take a person that has never been saved, does not believe in God, has no morals & is unethical. You will find a miserable person searching for something. Lets say he turns to drugs, & he gets that high. A door is now opened for a demon to enter him. Once that demon is in him, he will give him a high no drug on earth can & he will control him. That is how some one can be this evil it is Satan in control of them. There is an old Indian man here in Oklahoma that taught a good lesson. He said "There is a black dog & white dog fighting in your soul. Which one will win?............. The one you feed because he will grow bigger & stronger" That is a good lesson for all of us. Feed the positive & starve the negative!

Continue to pray for the family's.

God Bless you & your family's
Bryan

Shane13
12-15-2012, 08:39 PM
More prayers for all the families that lost children and loved ones yesterday. May God bless and comfort them, as only He can.

As far as "the fix" for preventing these kinds of things, I think Max Lucado said it better than any politician will.....

A Christmas Prayer
by Max Lucado • December 14

Jesus,

It’s a good thing you were born at night. This world sure seems dark. I have a good eye for silver linings. But they seem dimmer lately.

These killings, Lord. These children, Lord. Innocence violated. Raw evil demonstrated.

The whole world seems on edge. Trigger-happy. Ticked off. We hear threats of chemical weapons and nuclear bombs. Are we one button-push away from annihilation?

Your world seems a bit darker this Christmas. But you were born in the dark, right? You came at night. The shepherds were nightshift workers. The Wise Men followed a star. Your first cries were heard in the shadows. To see your face, Mary and Joseph needed a candle flame. It was dark. Dark with Herod’s jealousy. Dark with Roman oppression. Dark with poverty. Dark with violence.

Herod went on a rampage, killing babies. Joseph took you and your mom into Egypt. You were an immigrant before you were a Nazarene.

Oh, Lord Jesus, you entered the dark world of your day. Won’t you enter ours? We are weary of bloodshed. We, like the wise men, are looking for a star. We, like the shepherds, are kneeling at a manger.

This Christmas, we ask you, heal us, help us, be born anew in us.

Hopefully,

Your Children

2012 Max Lucado
http://maxlucado.com/read/blog/a-christmas-prayer/

Eberle
12-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Shane,

That is a good one thanks for sharing.

dying to kill
12-15-2012, 08:55 PM
ill second that, as shawn hannity said : if someone wants to kill people they will get it done if they do it with a gun or not case in point, okc murray building bombing , also 9-11 attacks if you stupid idiots want to think you can save a single life by taking a gun away ,ill bet you my bottom dollar they arent living by gods will or raising their children by it, thats the problem it starts with the home and how kids are being raised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CC,

You are right, I guess Obama made that clear in his speech. From what I heard. I don't listen to him or any of his speeches. What the antigun groups don't get and never will, people kill people not guns. If it was not guns it will be something else.

As for how someone could do something this evil? Experts say he was mentally unstable. I can not argue with that, but I think there is more to it. If you take a person that has never been saved, does not believe in God, has no morals & is unethical. You will find a miserable person searching for something. Lets say he turns to drugs, & he gets that high. A door is now opened for a demon to enter him. Once that demon is in him, he will give him a high no drug on earth can & he will control him. That is how some one can be this evil it is Satan in control of them. There is an old Indian man here in Oklahoma that taught a good lesson. He said "There is a black dog & white dog fighting in your soul. Which one will win?............. The one you feed because he will grow bigger & stronger" That is a good lesson for all of us. Feed the positive & starve the negative!

Continue to pray for the family's.

God Bless you & your family's
Bryan

wapiti66
12-16-2012, 08:53 AM
This is sad, my prayers go out to the families involved. Our world is changing at such a fast pace, and it's not a good thing in my opinion. Too many parents aren't raising their kids, they leave it up to daycare, the school system, a video game, etc... but they don't seem to want to stop their busy lives to spend time with their kids and teach them about God, discipline, ethics, and morals. These shootings seem to be increasing more and more and it's scary to think of how many other "empty souls" are out there contemplating the same actions. I agree the solution starts at home, but it only takes one bad apple to take many lives. Im not suggesting that daycare is bad or even video games, just the thought that kids aren't getting enough "quality time" with their parents, and simply aren't raised the same way most of us were. If you have kids, stay involved with them daily and let them know you love them and how precious life is. I do not have kids but have many nieces and nephews and I can tell a parents attitude "wears off" on their kids, so keep it positive. As for a solution to all of this...the only one that can save us is God, whether it be on this earth or in heaven. So Ill keep praying for peace.

ivorytip
12-16-2012, 08:59 AM
dont need to be a christian to be a good person. cs lewis.... funny thing is, a majority of these left wingers pushing gun control are hovered by body gaurds that are equiped with what? guns. china is knocking on our door step, our rights and freedoms of americans is rapidly spiraling downward. the more goverened we are the more people learn to depend on it, thats when problems start to take over. my heart goes out to these people, all we can do is be honest with our selves and others. faith without works is dead right? no being idle about this.