PDA

View Full Version : 2012 hunting pics

ORBucksBullsBears5
12-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Well i finally was able to get internet hooked up at my house, not the fastest but enough to post some pics.

My year started off with sping bear. Unsure of how much time i was going to have to hunt in May i had to take advantage of a weekend in April to hunt while i could. My buddy and I headed in to one of our spots and ended up connecting on 2 nice boars in the same evening which made for a really heavy pack out. The last weekend of hunting season my buddy and i took his dad out for a day hunt and saw a total of 15 bears and he ended up sealing the deal on a big boar that was following a sow just before dark. I statred having knee problems and went to the doctor and after an mri discovered that my knee had a large piece of bone broken off from my patella(knee cap) that was causing problems. I had surgery in the begining of July to have it removed. My buddy and i were both fortunate enough to draw some out of state tags so we left home in mid august to chase some velvet mulies. It was a very tough hunt and from what we heard in town that area was experiencing a drought which affected the deer size and numbers. My buddy got it done with a nice buck that had a club on 1 side and even though i had stocked with 25yds of a buck, i was unable to get it done. September rolled around and i was out of vacation time at work so I wasn't able to spend the time chasing some monster mulies i had on trail cams here in Oregon. Labor day weekend I connected on a nice blacktail and i didnt get any good pics so i took a couple after i caped it out. Had some close calls chasing elk on the remaining weekends but it didnt work out. My buddy had an additional deer tag and i videoed him shooting a monster buck the first day in the stand! It was a fun year, I had some awesome experiences, made some great memories, and I can't wait for 2013 to get back out there.

ORBucksBullsBears5
12-16-2012, 03:05 PM
here are the bucks

ivorytip
12-16-2012, 03:16 PM
very nice. congrats

AKaviator
12-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Pretty cool. That bear looks like he has a pretty big noggin, belly too. What did it tape out at?

T.S. Allen
12-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Great pics what a good year. Congatulations

ORBucksBullsBears5
12-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Akaviator, his skull was a little over 18 inches

N.Y.ArcheryMadMan
12-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Looked Like a Great Season..... Congradulations...

RUTTIN
12-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Nice, love that unique antler on the muley! Thanks for sharing.

Backcountry Stalker
12-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Congratz bro! :D

dihardhunter
12-24-2012, 06:16 PM
That is an awesome year. Sounds like y'all were thick in bears!

ORBucksBullsBears5
01-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks everyone!

dihardhunter, ya that last day it seemed like every unit we glassed we were turning up bears. We have a lot of them here but that day was crazy.

john
01-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Very interesting pics, I am new to this forum. I like forum discussion very much. There are many interesting and knowledge able discussion threads in this forum. The forum community has knowledge and sense about the discussion topics. I am impressed and join the community.