PDA

View Full Version : wyoming region f muley hunt

popenyoung
01-08-2013, 11:08 AM
I am thinking about applying for a region f mule deer tag and was wondering if any of you have hunted this region and could point me in the right direction. Would like to pack in and get away from the road and truck.

HuntWYODon
01-10-2013, 06:27 PM
I've hunted it the last 15 yrs. in a row. I like it. There are area's you can pack into and still not be in the non resident forbidden wilderness...Federal/Public land, not state land that we can't access. Outfitter's lobby don't ya know. Areas 111,112,113,121, etc. you could concievably pack into to get away. Plenty of area to pack into for an all day hunt too without running into anybody. In the Northfork area 111 and South Fork area 112 and 113 of Shoeshone River are some good starting points. Heart Mtn. area in 121. I've killed decent bucks in them.

Muleys 24/7
01-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Is the non-res forbiddin wilderness area national forest? What about justwanting to back pack in out of season, is that allowed? Sounds like some crazy califorina rule Lol

popenyoung
01-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Hey thanks for the info. I have a relative in wyoming that could accompany me in this hunt. What is your opinion on the wilderness. Is it any better there?

Springer
01-31-2013, 10:43 AM
I've hunted "F" the last two years and done well. I would caution you about the bears, they're nothing to joke around with. I've had issues both times, but it was only after I killed a buck.

Fink
01-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Is the non-res forbiddin wilderness area national forest? What about justwanting to back pack in out of season, is that allowed? Sounds like some crazy califorina rule Lol

Oh yeah, you can backpack in there, and go birdwatching and whatnot, but no hunting in the wilderness!!