PDA

View Full Version : Hounds killed by wolves

MSUcat61
01-14-2013, 11:30 AM
I don't know the guy, but I just saw a facebook post last night of a guy whose three lion hounds were killed by a pack of wolves in Montana this weekend. It happened only a couple hundred yards in front of him and it was over before he got there. Reading the story and the corresponding comments pull on the heart strings for sure. I really feel for the guy and couldn't imagine losing my pup, let alone three that he's raised for 12 years. Anyone else see this post? It had nearly two hundred shares. I noticed this morning some other venues like the Montana Outdoor Radio Show posted it.

Here's the link to the MORS's report: http://www.montanaoutdoor.com/2013/01/15737/

jenbickel
01-14-2013, 03:01 PM
I saw that on my Facebook last night too! So sad!!

sjsmallfield
01-14-2013, 05:55 PM
That is sad! Unfortunately it's not the first time, just the most recent.

BKC
01-14-2013, 06:36 PM
I always worry about predators when I tie up my horses to a tree and leave them all day. Not so much with wolves but plenty of lions in Colorado. I think two horses or more are more of a deterent but one horse alone could be inviting. It is sad for the hounds and the owner but it is part of the game when you are pitting beast vs. beast.

Old Hunter
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
As a 100% dog lover. This breaks my heart.

I hate wolves and the idiots that are keeping them here.

mnhoundman
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
That is sad! Unfortunately it's not the first time, just the most recent.

Ya saw it on biggamehoundsman.com guy has his story on there. Very sad happens quite a bit unfortunately. Getting to be way to many wolves, cant hardly run dogs in certain areas anymore. Really sucks... :mad:

Ikeepitcold
01-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Very sad. What are they going to do when the wolves get into town and attack people? Unfortunately I think that's what will have to happen for these people to open their eyes.

Muleys 24/7
01-14-2013, 07:41 PM
That would really be a bummer losing 3 good dogs.

hvfd21walker
01-14-2013, 09:02 PM
These guys are buddys of mine. They are awesome houndsmen. The worst part was his 14year old and 17year old daughter was there with them. They helped carry the dogs back 2miles to the truck. It is a horriblle deal. These dogs were not just hounds they were there family.

Old Hunter
01-14-2013, 09:54 PM
I would have freaked out. I also would have hunted those wolves down until my last breath.

cowboy105
01-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Hopefully the houndsmen and a few good friends can get back out there ASAP and even the score

xtreme
01-15-2013, 11:23 AM
I am going to try to do my part. I am putting a wolf in my bucket list.

razorbackhunter
01-15-2013, 09:41 PM
What a sad story, as a dog owner my heart goes out to the owner.

Grizz
01-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Just simply kill em all! There is a reason the story says "big bad wolf!"

velvetfvr
01-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Very sad. What are they going to do when the wolves get into town and attack people? Unfortunately I think that's what will have to happen for these people to open their eyes.

Yep, until it happens to a human these idiots won't do anything to control them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backcountry Stalker
01-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Just started doing homework on hunting wolves....this BS has to stop!

AKaviator
01-16-2013, 05:11 PM
The wolves here in S.E. Alaska really work over the deer and have been a factor in the declining black bear population. Not much wolf scat that isn't full of black bear fur.

That said, I wouldn't want the wolves to completely disappear, but they sure need to be actively managed!

I do wish that they had been reintroduced in Washington D.C. first, although eating some of the congress may turn the wolves into vegans!

wolftalonID
01-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Ak....how dare you!!!!
Serious story here and you had to go and make me laugh..... :rolleyes:

SAR
01-16-2013, 07:25 PM
The wolves here in S.E. Alaska really work over the deer and have been a factor in the declining black bear population. Not much wolf scat that isn't full of black bear fur.

That said, I wouldn't want the wolves to completely disappear, but they sure need to be actively managed!

I do wish that they had been reintroduced in Washington D.C. first, although eating some of the congress may turn the wolves into vegans!

LOL.... good one AK. Those slim balls in DC certainly make me lose my appetite. Did I say that out loud..

BossBrott
01-16-2013, 08:46 PM
A nice wolf bedspread would be a nice consolation!

ivorytip
01-19-2013, 03:27 PM
those liberal sob's dont know a thing about the wolves other than how cute they look cuddled up next to thier cubs in a national geographic picture. one of these days one of those jokers will be in the mountains out west on a tax payer paid trip and then get attacked by a wolf then they will move thier motives a bit. until then.... shoot shoot then shoot some more. they weere all shot up for a reason.