PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a pack

Texasbowhunter
01-15-2013, 08:47 AM
dumb question.. being from Texas your never more than a 4 wheeler ride away from an animal. So having to pack something out isn't needed most of the time. My question is when you guys pack out your animals, how do you clean your packs interior? or is it not an issue with a good game bag? thanks

SprintNShoot7
01-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Take everything out and open all the pockets, fill up a bathtub with warm water and some unscented laundry detergent, then let the pack soak for a while. After soaking you can scrub any of the stains and then rinse with the shower head and hang the pack upside down to dry.

Texasbowhunter
01-15-2013, 12:39 PM
cool thanks

SprintNShoot7
01-15-2013, 03:12 PM
You're welcome. It also helps if you can fit a clothes drying stand in the bathtub to hang the pack from and have it dry in the bathtub

tdub24
01-15-2013, 03:57 PM
I have a Kuiu Icon 6000 and I just clip it to the fence and hose it out. I have done this twice and it works really well as long as you didn't let the pack sit for days afterwards. If you couldn't get to it right away, SprintNsShoot7's method would be perfect.

mattm
01-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Mystery Ranch suggests using the local car wash. Seeing how it has not been above freezing for entirely to long I will be testing this out at a later date.

arrowslinger21
01-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Take everything out and open all the pockets, fill up a bathtub with warm water and some unscented laundry detergent, then let the pack soak for a while. After soaking you can scrub any of the stains and then rinse with the shower head and hang the pack upside down to dry.

^what he said. this is my method as well.

Futboler
01-15-2013, 11:43 PM
I use the bathtub technique with baking soda as the cleaner. Works really well. I buy a costco size bag of baking soda and use it to clean and store all my hunting gear. From what I can tell, very scent-free. 3 bulls in 3 years of bowhunting.

SprintNShoot7
01-16-2013, 03:03 PM
I used Scent-Away laundry detergent. I bet the baking soda woulda been way cheaper ha

wolftalonID
01-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Dang.... and here I thought it was going to be a post of a guy cleaning a pack of wolves.... got my cabin fever temp so high I cant think straight this time of year...

Fink
01-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Dang.... and here I thought it was going to be a post of a guy cleaning a pack of wolves.... got my cabin fever temp so high I cant think straight this time of year...

Well then wolftalon, what is the best way to clean out a pack of wolves? Since we've solved the pack cleaning debate, let us move forward. AR-15 with a high capacity mag?

wolftalonID
01-16-2013, 06:17 PM
shhhh they might post this on TV!!! You forgot to consider all the racket that might make....I usually consider one more piece in that puzzle to compensate.