PDA

View Full Version : Wy Antelope this year

Ikeepitcold
02-04-2013, 08:09 PM
So I have a dilemma and thought I would get some advise from you guys.

I have 5 points going into the Wy draw this year. I was supposed to draw last year as many of you know the 100% chance to draw isn't exactly that. Anyway with all the talk about how crappy the weather has been and the low numbers and trophy quality should I try and draw or just buy points? 114 would be my top choice, rifle. So the dilemma is I'm thinking of booking with Sizzling S out of Montana for a Mule Deer hunt but I can't swing the cost for both and I won't know what we will draw for Nv until after the deposit will be made for Mt and I probably will draw Wy and Nv. I don't want to draw Wy if the trophy quality will suck this year so I'm thinking of doing the Mt hunt buying points for Wy and taking the chance on Nv. What do you think? Thanks

canvsbk
02-04-2013, 08:43 PM
It gives me a headache trying to figure all that out......but I can't imagine a fall without an antelope hunt in it. Good luck

cali_hornhunter
02-04-2013, 09:05 PM
That's a tough question but I guess either way WY or Montana you could be hunting and Nevada is a ? That's quite a dilemma and I don't blame you about wy I wouldn't want to burn 5 points and the possibility of a poor antelope which I've been hearing could be you might be safer doing the MT hunt points for WY and see what NV deals ya that's just my opinion but I really don't know much about the antelope status in Wy I've heard it might not be good but I guess you just have to roll the dice I hope this helps IKIC

Drelk
02-04-2013, 09:18 PM
I still can't believe u didn't draw last year.

Muleys 24/7
02-04-2013, 09:32 PM
This is exactly what you call a good/bad problem. It's hard to say, if your really worried about trophy quality for lopers, do the other ones. It sounds like you would draw the loper tag 100% Lol, and have a good shot at Nv deer as well. If it were me, I would save the outfiter hunt for next year and pull the trigger on Nv and Wy this year. Good luck!

Ikeepitcold
02-04-2013, 10:01 PM
I still can't believe u didn't draw last year.

Ya me either. Big disappointment. Thanks!

Drhorsepower
02-04-2013, 11:30 PM
That's tough man, plan other hunts I guess... I think waiting might be good, who knows though, this might be a great spring.

BobT
02-10-2013, 04:31 AM
I will be applying, not sure what unit yet, I burned all my points last year. Numbers are WAY down in the units I usually hunt.

Eberle
02-10-2013, 07:10 AM
I'd go to Montana, save my points & buy one this summer. I've got max points in Wyoming for antelope. I'm going to hold out & buy my point. Who knows what the leftovers might have this year? I doubt it will ever happen again, but last year I got the 63-2 on a leftover. Good luck!