PDA

View Full Version : Who checks the forums in both here and archery talk?

timberghost51
02-06-2013, 08:01 AM
I have just been curious about this obviously there is a ton of people on AT. So a lot of times you get more responses but it just seems to me that over there everything just gets thrown off topic and out of the 100 posts only 10 of them are useful. Anyone else experience this?

hardstalk
02-06-2013, 08:50 AM
I rarely chime in on at. There are quite a few constructive western hunting forums as easy to navigate as Eastman's. Each has its own community. But the Eastman's community is in my top three for sure. People are great!

dihardhunter
02-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Me. They have a great classifieds forum as well if anybody is a budget-constrained, used gear connoisseur like myself.

Ikeepitcold
02-06-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm only on EF so I don't really know the difference. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about some other forums so I figured why bother.

StickerKing
02-06-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm mostly a "reader" instead of a "contributor", so I follow a number of different forums, just to see what's going on. AT is one of them.

timberghost51
02-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Me. They have a great classifieds forum as well if anybody is a budget-constrained, used gear connoisseur like myself.

They do have great deals in the classifieds...but outside of that it seems like the threads just get shot down by others constantly...it's not as bad in the western hunting section but other areas seem to be getting worse and worse...I think I'll be spending more time on here now

Fink
02-06-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm only on EF so I don't really know the difference. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about some other forums so I figured why bother.

X2. I looked at a few other forums for a little bit, but all the arguing and bickering gets pretty old pretty quick. If I wanted to pick a fight, I'd just go tell the wife her cooking sucked, or something..

kerrek
02-08-2013, 08:39 AM
The problem with AT is that some have a tendency to be equipment religious. If you're not shooting "their brand" you get very little useful info, just bashing and ridicule!

velvetfvr
02-08-2013, 08:21 PM
The problem with AT is that some have a tendency to be equipment religious. If you're not shooting "their brand" you get very little useful info, just bashing and ridicule!

Yep, I like at for selling, also fun to get the fangirls pants in a wad. Also on archery addix too. And EF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nvarcher
02-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Yep check in on both!

Maxhunter
02-13-2013, 08:43 PM
I check both and respond once in a while on AT. There's a few guys that give helpful tips and the classified are pretty good IMO.

Zim
02-14-2013, 10:43 AM
I check in on AT every few days, but that site is focussed more on archery than hunting. Great place to buy/sell stuff though.

Been a regulars on Bowsite since 1996 and MonsterMuleys since 2002. These two along with Eastman's forum are my favorites and I get the most hunting info there.

Huntography
03-22-2013, 03:36 PM
I find myself on multiple hunting forums, blogs, Facebook pages and on Twitter.

I wish everyone was in one place so it would be easier have great conversations and learn new things without having to be everywhere.

But, I am thankful for all the places I can learn, share tips and meet great folks.

Rudy

Sent from my camo iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Sean19d
03-23-2013, 02:30 PM
I've been a reader on AT for a while. Just joined here... I've been getting the itch to hunt out west and have really found these forums to be among the best.

Elkfreak22
04-08-2013, 04:40 PM
New here but spend some time on A T. I hate all the BS but there are some really good guys on AT. I hope to meet some here as well.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

trophyhill
08-20-2013, 09:50 PM
love the Western Forum on A/T. there are some very knowledgeable elk killers on the Western Forum that share invaluable insight in regards to killing elk. if I have to sift thru 100 posts to pick something up that's gonna help me kill elk, I don't mind doing it. it's no different than this or any other site. you still have to sift thru the bs to get to the good stuff. just a larger scale on A/T therefore more useful information.