PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Is Getting Stupid

Old Hunter
02-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Colorado State Legislature Moving Forward with Gun Control Bills
Saturday, February 16, 2013 by Richard Abramson
Yesterday the Colorado House passed four new gun control bills on voice votes. The official vote will happen on Monday.

There are a series of town hall meetings (see below) this weekend that you can participate in and let your voice be heard. You can also contact your representatives and let them know how you view the proposed legislation.

Here are summaries of the 4 bills. It is our position that none of these bills will have any significant impact on violent crime and will only infringe the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens.

HB-1224: Bans all magazines that hold more than 15 rounds.

HB-1226: Bans armed self-defense on college campuses; expanding criminal safe-zones to all state college and university campuses.

HB-1228: Imposes a Jim Crow-style gun tax on all purchases. This legislation has no limit on the amount the CBI could charge for a background check.

HB-1229: Bans the private sale of firearms and institutes universal background checks / gun registration for all Colorado gun owners.

What can you do? We have some suggestions for you.

First Please contact your State Representative TODAY, and politely remind them that you are watching how they vote. Urge them to vote NO on HB-1224, HB-1226, HB-1228 and HB-1229. Your State Representatives can be found here.

Second There will be a series of Town Hall meetings starting today. Show up and let your voice be heard. Be respectful and polite while you exercise your First Amendment right to protect your Second Amendment right. Here is a list of the town hall meetings.

Cherry Hills Village:

Town Hall Meeting with Rep. Daniel Kagan
Cherry Hills Village Community Center, 2460 East Quincy Ave, Cherry Hills Village, Colorado 80113
Monday, Feb. 18, 2013 from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.

Denver:

Town hall Meeting with Representative Pabon and Senator Guzman
The Puppet House, 3156 W. 38th Avenue, Denver, CO 80211
Saturday, February 16, 9am-11:30am

Colorado Health Care & Immigration Reform w/ Senator Aguilar
First Universalist Church of Denver, 4100 E. Hampden Ave, Denver, CO 80113
Sunday, February 17, 12:30pm 2:00pm

Fort Collins:

Community Conversation with Representatives Fischer and Ginal Senator Kefalas
Genoa Coffee & Wine, 2614 S. Timberline Road, #104, Ft. Collins, CO 80525
Saturday, February 16, 9-10am

Golden:

Golden Town Hall Meeting with Senator Nicholson
Golden City Hall, 911 10th Street, Golden, CO 80401
Sat, February 16, 10am 12pm

Greeley:

Town hall Meeting with Representative Young
North Range Behavioral Health Administration Building, 1300 North 17th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631
Saturday, Feb. 16, 10:00 a.m. to Noon

Leadville:

Town hall Meeting with Representative Hamner
Leadville Colorado Mountain College, 901 South Hwy 24, Leadville, CO 80461
Saturday Feb. 16, 2013 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Pueblo:

Community Conversation with Senator Giron
Rawlings Library, 100 East Abriendo, Pueblo, CO
Saturday, February 16, 10:00am 11:30am

Superior:

Superior Town Hall w/ Senator Nicholson
Superior Town Hall Building, 124 East Coal Creek Drive, Superior, CO 80027
Saturday, February 16, 2pm 4pm

Westminster:

Town hall Meeting w/Representative Reniston and Senators Ulibarri & Tochtrop
Ciancio's, 9650 Sheridan Blvd., Westminster, CO 80219
Saturday, February 16, 10:00am 10:30am

Town hall Meeting w/Representative Kraft-Tharp and Senator Hudak
Covenant Village, 9153 Yarrow Street, Westminster, CO 80021
Saturday, February 16, 10:30am 12:00pm

Community Conversation w/Senators Tochtrop & Ulibarri
Ciancio's, 9650 Sheridan Blvd, Westminster, CO 80219
Sat, February 16, 6:00pm 6:30pm

Third Contact your state and federal representatives and let your voice be heard. Here are two options that will allow you to accomplish this quickly and easily.

NRA-ILA - Write your Representatives.

Ruger Take Action Now!

Colorado General Assembly Find Phone Numbers Here.

Get involved this weekend and let your voice be heard!

Centennial Gun Club

ssliger
02-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Not from Colorado, but this stuff affects us all. Thanks for the info Pete!

Colorado Cowboy
02-16-2013, 09:04 PM
This is what happens when we get a majority of people in the state living in the I 25 corridor from Colo Springs north. They control what goes on in the legislature and don't give a hoot about hunting or shooting, just legalizing grass!

kcaves
02-16-2013, 09:10 PM
This is what happens when we get a majority of people in the state living in the I 25 corridor from Colo Springs north. They control what goes on in the legislature and don't give a hoot about hunting or shooting, just legalizing grass!

Hey now I live in the I 25 corridor, just way north of all of that. Wyoming welcomes guns

Old Hunter
02-16-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm going to blame Boulder.

dying to kill
02-16-2013, 10:03 PM
idk guys i love colorado its a great state with an amazing play ground, but seriously who is running the place? It keeps getting closer and closer to being called california.

AKaviator
02-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Pete,

Great Post and very well said. It's great to see someone not just gripe, but to actually provide information and contacts that we can use to protect our rights!

Thank you!

Old Hunter
02-16-2013, 11:14 PM
I can't take credit for writing the post. I'm just passing it along on all the forums i'm on.

dustin ray
02-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Colorado is a great state but you guys that live there better watch out this kinda stuff is the tip of the ice burg when it comes to the left and i would beat that the Colorado State Legislature behind this all have a (D) next to there name. Look at CA and theres your future i live here and it sucks

wapiti66
02-17-2013, 10:01 AM
This talk gets scarier by the second, I urge all of you coloradans to contact your state reps and let them know passing these bills will impact their next election heavily. Even if you don't live in colorado you should contact your state officials and let them know how you stand on these issues and that you will vote based on their stance for gun rights. NRA makes it REALLY easy to do this, they actually sent me a petition to sign and return to my state reps. (in KS). Extra contributions were not necessary but I'd encourage giving something to help them fight this huge battle on their hands. Not only are the left trying to take walk all over the 2ND ammendment, they are walking on the entire constitution if they are succesful and our freedoms will continue to dissolve. .BE HEARD. Thanks for the post OH

Colorado Cowboy
02-17-2013, 10:09 AM
I have contacted all my state reps and they know my positions. Incidentally, that all have an (R) by their name. Also visit the Ruger website, they have a petition to sign that will automatically go to all YOUR representatives (e.g county, state & federal).

wapiti66
02-17-2013, 10:29 AM
I just went through the Ruger process also...took about a minute, easy, straightforward. I believe most people TALKING on this thread have done at least one of these petitions...Im talking to the other 500 people that read and never reply.

Muleys 24/7
02-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Hopfully you guys in colorado can get those bills turned down. All of us here in CA, are fighting a looseing battle when it come's to our freedom's.

Matthoek21
02-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Thanks guys for all the good info. My dad told me about this today. Sad sad sad... Amazing what that group of so called educated "Some Beaches" along the I-25 corridor can do to erode everything this country was built upon. Gotta do something!

BKC
02-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Looks like someone is starting to play hardball ! http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22601993

canvsbk
02-17-2013, 09:23 PM
The Ruger thing takes 2 minutes....everybody should do it!

ssliger
02-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Just submitted thru the Ruger website, could not be more easy. Please everyone do this!

Colorado Cowboy
02-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Sad day today....all 4 bills passed the assembly today (Just barely in some cases) on a mostly party vote. The lib Dems up in Denver got their way.

trkytrack2
02-18-2013, 05:34 PM
This is what happens when the Republican voters sit on their a**es and gun owners and hunters don't vote. The state is under the control of the left. Nobody to blame but yourselves. You better turn it around in 2016 or your going to really regret it.

N.Y.ArcheryMadMan
02-18-2013, 05:44 PM
If you think those are Bad move to New York it is Worse.....

Colorado Cowboy
02-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Nobody to blame but yourselves. You better turn it around in 2016 or your going to really regret it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but last time I checked Sterling IS part of Colorado. I assume you mean WE have to blame ourselves.

Old Hunter
02-18-2013, 06:41 PM
All of the bills passed the House today. I'm sure it will get through the Senate since it's run by the Democrats.

Colorado Cowboy
02-18-2013, 06:59 PM
All of the bills passed the House today. I'm sure it will get through the Senate since it's run by the Democrats.

And a Democrat Governor too!

BKC
02-18-2013, 07:00 PM
This is what happens when the Republican voters sit on their a**es and gun owners and hunters don't vote. The state is under the control of the left. Nobody to blame but yourselves. You better turn it around in 2016 or your going to really regret it. Perhaps you would like to drive down I-76 and visit denver and its suburbs and see how many people live here. The politicians don't have to cater to anyone who doesn't live in the largest cities in the state. It is a pure numbers game. WE are not sitting on our A**ES, we are out numbered by the left in this state and you are part of this state.

Old Hunter
02-18-2013, 07:16 PM
This is what happens when the Republican voters sit on their a**es and gun owners and hunters don't vote. The state is under the control of the left. Nobody to blame but yourselves. You better turn it around in 2016 or your going to really regret it.

Who exactly are you talking too? You seem to be making a lot of assumptions.

Muleys 24/7
02-18-2013, 08:03 PM
If you think those are Bad move to New York it is Worse.....

I take it you havn't seen our new CA laws yet........worse than new york! These laws are BullS**t! http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/foghorn/list-of-proposed-california-gun-control-measures-500-round-max-no-grandfathering-no-detachable-mags-mandatory-license/

wapiti66
02-18-2013, 08:13 PM
If you live in NY, Cal, Co you are simply outnumbered by libs and I have a hard time seeing that turning around. Unfortunately those 3 states seem to pave the way in B.S. legislation that trickles down to the rest of the country too often.

Muleys 24/7
02-18-2013, 08:27 PM
The Ruger thing takes 2 minutes....everybody should do it!

here's another one from Horandy http://www.hornady.com/in-the-news/protect-your-rights

dustin ray
02-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Vary sad .The dems are drunk with power and will not stop with there crazy take over of the gov.
Liberalism is a mental disorder and will grow like black mold you have to keep it in check or it will be everywhere.
I hope you guys vote them out before you have to change the name of your state to Calirado. sorry
Here in Cali most folks ho have nerver left have no idea the liberties they have all ready lost there to busy with dancing with stars.

shootbrownelk
02-19-2013, 08:14 AM
here's another one from Horandy http://www.hornady.com/in-the-news/protect-your-rights

Thanks Muleys...Just took a few minutes! I sure hope everyone sends a message to our "chosen?" Leaders. This Democratic Gun-Grab is just crazy.

Colorado Cowboy
02-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Just sent it, problem is that it goes to my representatives here in Colorado, they are Republicans and they are pro 2nd ammendment. Those idiots in and around Denver won't get it and it wouldn't matter anyway as I can't vote against them!

Darktimber
02-19-2013, 06:32 PM
I sent them all letters awhile ago. Have got back all their lame PC responses. It doesn't look good. I wish we could separate CO into two states. East CO and West CO. Right down the continental divide! LOL Wouldn't hurt my feelings and the few good people on the eastern side hurry up and get over to the west slope! You'll find it refreshing, almost like you can breathe better.

Old Hunter
02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
You mean where Aspen is? No thanks. I'll stay on my side.

Darktimber
02-19-2013, 08:37 PM
You mean where Aspen is? No thanks. I'll stay on my side.

Aspen is but a small trade for Denver, CO springs, Boulder, etc. Actually on our side if I could ship one town eastward, it would probably be Telluride.;) Ha Ha!

Colorado Cowboy
02-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Read in yesterdays local paper (Cortez Journal) that an Assemblyman from Durango voted for all 4 bills, had several quotes from him. Durango and LaPlata County are both pretty liberal and vote Dem mostly, college town dontchano! Thats only 50 miles east of me....to damn close to suit me!

dying to kill
02-20-2013, 05:25 PM
i agree, i think the left wants all of out gun rights they just want to start with large cap mags and ar 15s, they are just like a dog with the taste of blood in his mouth, the more he gets the more he wants..
This talk gets scarier by the second, I urge all of you coloradans to contact your state reps and let them know passing these bills will impact their next election heavily. Even if you don't live in colorado you should contact your state officials and let them know how you stand on these issues and that you will vote based on their stance for gun rights. NRA makes it REALLY easy to do this, they actually sent me a petition to sign and return to my state reps. (in KS). Extra contributions were not necessary but I'd encourage giving something to help them fight this huge battle on their hands. Not only are the left trying to take walk all over the 2ND ammendment, they are walking on the entire constitution if they are succesful and our freedoms will continue to dissolve. .BE HEARD. Thanks for the post OH

In God We Trust
02-24-2013, 10:16 PM
I sent e-mails to all of our state as Senators and Congressman. I was told by a lot of them outside of my district that they only accept comments from constituents within their districts. I e mailed Perlmutter about this and he replied stating that he is for the bans and he disagrees with peoples reasoning against them no matter what. This is what happens when people move into Colorado from other states and force their political agenda on us in Colorado through the voting process. I guess they didn't get the memo that this ass backwards way to run a state already bankrupt and ruined the state they came from. They created the disasters in states like California and Massachusetts by voting for that crap, they should have to stay there and deal with the consequences. Even though it doesn't seem to do a damn bit of good I continue to contact the elected officials and voice my concerns. If this continues in my native state I will have to relocate to Wyoming or Texas where they respect the constitution and private industry. Sorry for the rant

xtreme
02-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Don't be sorry for the rant, it was well said. I just read what what Wy Rep Has Hunt told a transist from Viginia, Rev Audette Fulbright. By all means leave he told her blontly, well it has come to this and more. I am always disapointed with, the bandwagon approch". All you have to do is compare Chicago to Houston murders. The city with the most murders has the most unconstitutional laws.
The people of Wyoming need to assist the Rev back to Virginia. With only two states left that try to abide by the constitutio, we can't afford to lose one.
Going to check my BP now

Colorado Cowboy
02-25-2013, 08:16 AM
I am not a defeatist, but I believe Colorado will pass all these laws and the Gov will sign them. That being said, it really saddens me to see the way it is going here. I lived almost all my life in California until I retired 13 years ago and saw the way things changed there when everyone moved into the state in the 50's & 60"s. The large population centers have the votes in the state legislature and control how the state goes. Colorado is going the same way. Unfortunately these large populated areas tend to be very liberal!

All we can do is be vigilant and get the right people elected to represent you in your area and contribute to organizations like the NRA. I'm not moving again as I love it here. I hope to hell I'm at least partially wrong!