PDA

View Full Version : Application question

JEandAsGuide
02-25-2013, 08:31 PM
I am applying for antelope in WY and was wondering if you can combine a full price license and a reduced price license in the same choice? Or does my type 1 or 2 license have to be my first choice and type 6 or 7 my second choice? Basically I would like to apply for a buck and a doe tag in my first choice unit and then a buck and a doe tag in my second choice unit. Can I do this? I feel like I have read this before on the F&G website somewhere but can't find it now. Thanks for the help!

Umpqua Hunter
02-25-2013, 08:45 PM
I believe you can submit two separate applications:

1) An application for a full priced license (either in the "regular full price" or "special" draw).

2) An application for the reduced price draw.

These two applications are independent of each other. However, on the "reduced price" draw, you can check a box that says "Withdraw if full price license is not drawn". If you check that, you won't end up with a doe license if you don't draw your "full price" tag.

I just went on-line and I have already submitted an application for the full priced draw and it will still let me also submit an application for a reduced priced tag.

Does that answer your question?

DryFlyGuy
02-25-2013, 08:46 PM
I might be misunderstanding your question, but you can put the same units for first and second choice. However, I think you will run a good risk of getting your doe/fawn in your first choice and either drawing your second choice buck tag or no buck tag at all.

JEandAsGuide
02-25-2013, 09:00 PM
I believe you can submit two separate applications:

1) An application for a full priced license (either in the "regular full price" or "special" draw).

2) An application for the reduced price draw.

These two applications are independent of each other. However, on the "reduced price" draw, you can check a box that says "Withdraw if full price license is not drawn". If you check that, you won't end up with a doe license if you don't draw your "full price" tag.

I just went on-line and I have already submitted an application for the full priced draw and it will still let me also submit an application for a reduced priced tag.

Does that answer your question?

Yes, that answers my question, thanks!! I thought I read that somewhere but wasn't 100% and cant find it now

JEandAsGuide
02-25-2013, 09:05 PM
I might be misunderstanding your question, but you can put the same units for first and second choice. However, I think you will run a good risk of getting your doe/fawn in your first choice and either drawing your second choice buck tag or no buck tag at all.

That's is what I am trying to avoid. UH said there is a box you can select so if your buck tag is not drawn, you are removed from the drawing for the doe tag. I am a long ways from WY so I am not interested in making the trip for just a doe but if I do draw a buck tag I would like to make the trip worth while and have a doe tag also.

Umpqua Hunter
02-25-2013, 09:12 PM
I've never done it before, and didn't realize that option was available. I may try it out myself! :-)