PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Aught6Fan
02-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Hello everybody. Wasn't really sure where to put this, but here goes ....

I'm a long time lurker and figured it was about time I joined. I live in north central Idaho, which allows me to enjoy all kinds of hunting upland, waterfowl and big game. As far as big game I've taken deer, elk and black bear. Drew a tag for moose once, but didn't get one. If I had to choose, I guess I enjoy mule deer hunting the most.

So anyways, I recently turned 50 years old...still can't believe that. :confused: Well, as some of you can relate, raising a family, career and such has taken a lot of my time and money. So, after a long heart to heart with myself, and my wife, I've decided this is my decade (or two I hope)!!! I have good job, plenty of vacation, an empty nest and a very supportive wife. At present I'm making plans get my backside in gear, get into the best shape I can and do as much hunting as I can pack into my life until I can't go any more.

I hope to swap stories with you all, talk guns, new equipment and scheme and dream about hunts we'd like to take.

Thanks,
A6F

Timberstalker
02-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the site. Since you have been lurking no need to tell you there are some great folks on here. I am little ways from 50 yet with 3 girls still at home, they likely will be on thier own by that time. I hope to expand my hunting horizons even more then. For now Idaho looks like a good place to go, I am planning a mule deer hunt there this fall. I may not be far from you in 8 months.

BKC
02-25-2013, 09:15 PM
welcome to the site and welcome to the 50+ crowd!

Bitterroot Bulls
02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Welcome ya ol' fart!

Looking forward to your stories, and input. I always like the "Gettin in Shape" threads that chronicle a long term workout journey.

Ikeepitcold
02-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Welcome. I've hunted ID many years. Good and bad luck with the hunts I've done. Ask questions and get involved with the forum and discussions. Lots of great help and info here. Look forward to hearing how your plans go for the future of your hunting.

Umpqua Hunter
02-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Glad to have you A6F! I am on the down hill side of 48 well on my way to 49, so I totally get what you are talking about...lol Looking forward to getting to know you better.

I was an 06 fan for years, but it was the .27-06, aka, .270 Winchester ;-)

BossBrott
02-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Welcome aboard!

Backcountry Stalker
02-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Welcome ...& as you probably noticed we have some that moon light as jokesters ;)

Aught6Fan
02-26-2013, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the welcome fellas. I'm sure I'll enjoy the company here.

UH, yes the old -06 is a proud papa for sure. I've always thought I'd like to get one of his less legitimate children a .264-06 A.I. but that's a story for a different thread. :)

Thanks again,
AFF

Fink
02-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Welcome!! A supportive wife is key to hunting success!

Midwest to Outwest
02-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Welcome! Sounds like you have a good plan and a great wife. I know guys intheir 60s that are in better shape for hiking the mountains than most 30 year olds. It doesn't happen over night; just stick with it. That is the mode I am in as well, right now. Good luck on your adventures. A lot of helpful people and info on here.

jenbickel
02-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Welcome!! Glad to have you on the forum! Good luck hunting !!! :)

Eberle
02-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the forum! I'm a 25-06 fan, it is my favorite antelope gun!

7mmshot
03-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Hello and welcome.

Aught6Fan
03-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome.

Bradle
03-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Welcome to forum dear, i hope you will share your valuable experiences and information regarding with hunting. Thank you :)

meathunter
03-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Welcome from another Idahoan. Turning the 57 this Wed and it seems to be getting harder to climb those hills every year. Been lucky to get all the family out chasing our meals. Daughter with a moose, wife an elk, and a deer for me last year. We're hoping to draw a moose tag up your way this year. Glad to hear you're going for it. Good luck, post some stories and just get out. ..... well I better hit the treadmill ..