PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference?

ssliger
03-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Alright you bow junkies, I need your help. What is the difference:

Helical right-
Helical left-
Offset-

I am having my arrows fletched (have not tried myself). The shop said they are setup to do only right helical. My other arrows are set up offset and I wanted to try helical. Can you guys help me understand the differences.
Thanks,
Steve

ivorytip
03-03-2013, 08:23 PM
basicaly it straightens arrow sooner due to air drag. only works with certain rests though. personaly i dont think it makes a diff. if they are set at right helical they wil turn to the right at take off. then straighten out with the air drag.

dhershberger
03-03-2013, 08:40 PM
A helical helps to stabilize your arrow better in flight and it helps with accuracy, especially if you are shooting a fixed blade broadhead. My helix fletching jig does a 3 degree helical and I like the spin that it gives the arrow because the arrow is much more stable in flight.

Fink
03-03-2013, 08:54 PM
A helical helps to stabilize your arrow better in flight and it helps with accuracy, especially if you are shooting a fixed blade broadhead. My helix fletching jig does a 3 degree helical and I like the spin that it gives the arrow because the arrow is much more stable in flight.

So what's the difference between a left and right helical? Do lefties have to set it up opposite of righties?

BOHNTR
03-03-2013, 09:14 PM
So what's the difference between a left and right helical? Do lefties have to set it up opposite of righties?

No difference....providing they're all the same. :) Only major difference is when using feathers (not vanes). If using left wing feathers, you need to use a left helical jig.