PDA

View Full Version : Meindl Alaska vs Denali

Forest Troll
03-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Hey, looking to get a pair of new boots and I had my eyes set on the meindl Alaska hunter from cabelas. I currently have a pair of danner pronghorns and they don't offer the ankle support I'm looking for.

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near a cabelas store so I was wondering if anyone knew how big of a difference there is between the Denali and the Alaska model in terms of support/stiffness?

I hunt steep/rocky terrain and pack out/in, sometimes with heavy loads. As said, leaning towards the Alaskan but interested to hear opinions on the difference/trade offs between the two.

Thanks in advance.

beav906
03-05-2013, 11:05 PM
I have had the Alaska for the last 4 seasons. Can't complain at all. Great support and the tread will stick to anything. Can't go wrong with any meindl. No experience with the Denali but I bought the Alaska off recommendation of a dozen loggers that won't wear anything else

Murdy
03-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Schnee's is clearancing some Lowa's right now for about the same money -- limited sizes available though.

Forest Troll
03-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks guys! I'll take a look at schnee too. I have a cabelas gift card that's burning in my pocket so might end up with the Alaskan, will see..