PDA

View Full Version : New guy intro...

FLANATIVE
03-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Hi all, new to the Eastman's forum here. Just a quick intro from a south FLA boy as I wanted to join up as a source for more western tips from the great forum members here. Have not been out west for a couple years now but want to get back on the horse maybe starting this fall? As far as western background, I have hunted Montana four years, two up by Augusta and two by Avon and two years in New Mexico, one year in the Gila and one for Antelope in the NE part of the state. Also hit NW Texas one year as well as three years of Nebraska turkey hunts. Looking to expand the next few years out west and looking for a 300"+ Elk, my first moose hunt, first Bear etc. Also looking into my first Iowa hunt and will start trying to apply there as well as trying to figure out all the tag issues again for the other states. Well, guess thats it and look forward to sharing and learning here on Eastman's!:cool:

T.S. Allen
03-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Welcome!
I am willing to bet the farm that with all the knowledgeable people on the forum you will find the answers you are seeking.

ssliger
03-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Welcome, hows the weather in Florida? It's a blizzard right now here.

FLANATIVE
03-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Manny thanks for the welcome! Dont hate me, its 74 and sunny....:cool:

Aught6Fan
03-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Welcome FLAN!

Ikeepitcold
03-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Welcome. I vacation in FL every year. My folks live by New Symera Beach so we visit as much as we can. Hope to take in a gator and pig hunt there soon.

Fink
03-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Welcome aboard. 74 and sunny doesnt sound too bad!

T.S. Allen
03-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Its always sunny and 70 in Wyoming. 70 MPH winds!

xtreme
03-10-2013, 11:07 AM
FLANATIVE, You just don't like to hunt? Give it time, it will grow on you. Just kidding of course, welcome. Utah, NM, and Colorado is how I would look for elk. As for bear, the Jicarilla is a sure bet, dogs in the morning, stand in the evening. Idaho could be good and so would be spot and stalk in Mt. You could do that on your own, hiking old logging roads.
Will you use outfitter?

Colorado Cowboy
03-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Welcome. Used to travel to Fla for work quite a bit. Mostly on the Shuttle & Apollo....but thats another story and life.

Aught6Fan
03-10-2013, 05:29 PM
... Idaho could be good ... You could do that on your own, hiking old logging roads.
Will you use outfitter?

x2 FlaN. I live in north Idaho, and ID still allows baiting if that's of interest to you. Or hounds if you go with an outfitter (... I got no hounds, bro).

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about this area. Be happy to share what I know.

A6F

hvfd21walker
03-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Welcome from Montana.

N.Y.ArcheryMadMan
03-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Welcome, I am an East Side Brother. Don't know how much help i'll be for any west side stuff. But welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy the Forum. There are alot of nice people here that have alot of Great Insite.....

FLANATIVE
03-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Thanks again for all the welcomes guys!

Aught- I have hunted in Stanley, ID for Elk back in 2003. Was awesome but I did not connect. What a trip it was though, as we drove from South Florida! A buddy who grew up around there took a nice 5x5 during the trip and he was our guide. We hunted SW of town behind the ranger station? We stayed at a small cabin/motel on the river in town? Vey cool trip overall and I loved ID. Would not mind going back someday. Seems like you like to fish based on your pic? If you ever want to trade a hunt up your way for some Bonefishing in the Bahamas ,let me know. I have a little fishing shack on Bimini, same place Hemmingway fished.

Backcountry Stalker
03-12-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm on the "late train" but welcome Flan!

Aught6Fan
03-12-2013, 06:41 PM
FlaN, I'll shoot you a PM. A6f