PDA

View Full Version : Vortex spotting scope lens cover attachment?

dzlfarmboy
03-16-2013, 09:59 AM
What are guys doing to attach your objective and eye piece caps to your scope so you don't loose them?

Fatrascal
05-23-2013, 06:56 AM
Personsally, I take the objective lens cover off and put it in the closet. Then I buy a Snug Fit or Scope Skin cover and use it without the hard plastic cover. I still use the eye piece cover because it fits under the neoprene Snug Fit cover easily. fatrascal.

hardstalk
05-23-2013, 07:54 AM
What spotter are you using? On the viper I ditch them all and rely on just the neoprene. Ive noticed when its in the pack its safe and when its out and the wind catches it. Well, your screwed regardless. Thats why I love the vortex warranty. Ive sent in 2 eyepieces that got dinged from a gust of wind blowing the tripod over. They just send new ones.

slim jim
05-23-2013, 09:14 AM
I have the razor 65mm spotter and I just keep the objective cover snapped in with the objective side down in my pack. The eyepiece cover has a loop attachment and I put a zip tie loose through it and attached to my pack. When I get ready to pull it out, I just pop off the cover and it stays attached to the pack

RUTTIN
05-23-2013, 12:58 PM
I also just use the neoprene cover for mine.