03-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Let the emotional struggle begin!

Ikeepitcold
03-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Let the emotional struggle begin!

So true! Love it and hate it.

Drhorsepower
03-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Second best time of year behind hunting. APPLICATION SEASON!

Montana
03-19-2013, 06:38 AM
Are you able to just build points?

Muleys 24/7
03-19-2013, 07:11 AM
Are you able to just build points?

Yes but you have to purchase a hunting license. If it's your first time buying a license in Nevada, you have to first submit proof of your hunter education before they will let you buy the license.

tommyp
03-19-2013, 10:51 AM
had all my apps for Nevada and license bought by noon yesterday. now wait, wait, and wait some more...

nvarcher
03-20-2013, 08:47 PM
I wonder if we can find a slip up this year? ;)

BossBrott
03-20-2013, 08:50 PM
App season+number crunching=need some overtime$$$$$$

Drhorsepower
03-20-2013, 08:52 PM
I wonder if we can find a slip up this year? ;)

It was all cool last year until the kid that found the slip up had to talk to ndow about it!!!!!!

slim jim
03-20-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm in for mule, elk, antelope, desert big horn, and mountain goat. My son has point as a junior so hopefully we will get him a bruiser muley out of 231 this fall.

nvarcher
03-20-2013, 09:50 PM
It was all cool last year until the kid that found the slip up had to talk to ndow about it!!!!!!

Hey now I just posted it here! Everybody else asked ndow!;)

velvetfvr
03-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Hey now I just posted it here! Everybody else asked ndow!;)
I didn't......

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

hardstalk
03-21-2013, 05:43 AM
Its killin me. Im stuck workin in victorville/adelanto my poor icloud notes have taken a beating while I enter all my hunt choices over and over until I get home to a p.c and can get everything entered where it belongs.

Montana
03-21-2013, 06:07 AM
Yes but you have to purchase a hunting license. If it's your first time buying a license in Nevada, you have to first submit proof of your hunter education before they will let you buy the license.

Thank you.

Timberstalker
03-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Well I guess its time for me to start applying in Nevada! I hope to hunt Nevada within 5 years.

Ikeepitcold
03-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Its killin me. Im stuck workin in victorville/adelanto my poor icloud notes have taken a beating while I enter all my hunt choices over and over until I get home to a p.c and can get everything entered where it belongs.

Use your I device. The NDOW web site is Apple friendly. I used my IPad that last two years works perfect.

hardstalk
03-21-2013, 05:36 PM
If you have questions post em up. There are a few nevadans around here that will be happy to help ya. Id go across the board if I were you. Bonus points are cheap. Do non residents have the option to " purchase license only if successful"?

Ikeepitcold
03-21-2013, 05:40 PM
If you have questions post em up. There are a few nevadans around here that will be happy to help ya. Id go across the board if I were you. Bonus points are cheap. Do non residents have the option to " purchase license only if successful"?

Just remember you WILL NOT build points if you use that option.

Ikeepitcold
03-21-2013, 05:41 PM
That goes for Res too. I made that mistake two years in a row for my wife. Oooooooo she was P Od at me for that.

Muleys 24/7
03-21-2013, 08:02 PM
I think nevada is one of the $200+ states every yaer when buying non-res licence and points...... I always seem to spend more in Nv. maybe because I grab a few dream tag entrys too:)

Drhorsepower
03-21-2013, 09:43 PM
I spend more money in nv than any other state and its my home state! Ridonculous.

Never in Doubt
03-23-2013, 01:57 PM
That goes for Res too. I made that mistake two years in a row for my wife. Oooooooo she was P Od at me for that.

haha

Question: It appears that there were tags left over after the drawing last year, how would a non res go about getting one of those tags?

hardstalk
03-23-2013, 04:17 PM
I believe there is a second draw after the main draw for leftover tags. Same process.

nvarcher
03-23-2013, 09:08 PM
I believe there is a second draw after the main draw for leftover tags. Same process.
Yep that is correct, then what is leftover after that is first come first serve.

Backcountry Stalker
03-24-2013, 03:54 AM
*SCREAMING, PULLING MY BALD HAIR OUT, AND KICKING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT ABOUT 6FT!* Ok, so all ready to start my app. process for the VERY first time in my life and what happens for the VERY first time in my life???!!! My bank account gets hacked into and they leave me with a whooping $10.88 :mad: And, to add insult to injury (I mean hell if they gonna take for me....take it all! What is $10 to me when you just took literally hundreds!!!) The bank issued me a new account but I can't have the account number or debt card until the investigation is over :mad::mad:.....ok, rant over you may proceed.....

Fink
03-24-2013, 07:17 AM
*SCREAMING, PULLING MY BALD HAIR OUT, AND KICKING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT ABOUT 6FT!* Ok, so all ready to start my app. process for the VERY first time in my life and what happens for the VERY first time in my life???!!! My bank account gets hacked into and they leave me with a whooping $10.88 :mad: And, to add insult to injury (I mean hell if they gonna take for me....take it all! What is $10 to me when you just took literally hundreds!!!) The bank issued me a new account but I can't have the account number or debt card until the investigation is over :mad::mad:.....ok, rant over you may proceed.....

Not awesome. I don't know when the Nevada application period closes, but I'd bet it's before your bank fixes all your account issues. I think I'd be putting my apps on a credit card, just to at least get them in.

Sorry about your account getting hacked, I hate a damn thief more than just about anything.

Ikeepitcold
03-24-2013, 07:47 AM
I've had this happen to me before. I had my money back in about 3 days from the bank. Just be glad you didn't already complete the app with a card that doesn't have a account open anymore. Sorry man what a pain in the butt!

Backcountry Stalker
03-24-2013, 02:47 PM
I hate a damn thief more than just about anything.

DITTO Fink!

I've had this happen to me before. I had my money back in about 3 days from the bank. Just be glad you didn't already complete the app with a card that doesn't have a account open anymore. Sorry man what a pain in the butt!

Thats what I'm hoping for IKIC...they said 7-10 business days. Yea, thats a good thing. But, I got one better. This was my main account. So, I get direct deposit from work to this account. And, ALL my bills are withdrawn from this account. Well, they hacked right in between these actions. My bills were withdrawn on Wedsnesday....account hacked on thursday....check directly deposited on friday. This I'm very greatful it happened that way!

hardstalk
03-24-2013, 04:17 PM
On a good note I think a sweet title is in order for your eastmans article. "Identity crisis" would be a sweet title with you in a pic holding a bruiser muley. This is how all great stories start. Good luck gettin your cash back!

Backcountry Stalker
03-24-2013, 07:49 PM
On a good note I think a sweet title is in order for your eastmans article. "Identity crisis" would be a sweet title with you in a pic holding a bruiser muley. This is how all great stories start. Good luck gettin your cash back!

Thanks for the encouragement Hardstalk! I would like nothing more for this to turn out "exactly" as you have suggested...and if it does turn out that way, you'll definiately get the s/o for the title. *thumbs up*

CRIT'R GIT'R
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
I wonder why every year at this time I turn into the worlds most indecisive person. Nevada application season is stressfull !!!!

Backcountry Stalker
03-31-2013, 02:27 AM
:) Bank has refunded my money back *insert a HUGE sigh of relief here*....and apps are offically in...WOOT!

Drhorsepower
03-31-2013, 07:00 AM
I wonder why every year at this time I turn into the worlds most indecisive person. Nevada application season is stressfull !!!!

I'm the same way, I have everything figured out for the following year but get cold feet a week or two before I apply and second guessing all of my research.

Fink
03-31-2013, 07:16 AM
:) Bank has refunded my money back *insert a HUGE sigh of relief here*....and apps are offically in...WOOT!

Wow, glad to hear you got such a quick resolution!

hardstalk
03-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Sweet BS!

Dr. im with ya! my deer choices were all figured out until I was about to click the submit button..

velvetfvr
03-31-2013, 01:10 PM
All set, deer elk pronghorn and desert sheep this year. Have a shot for a elk tag. I hope I get either deer or pronghorn or deer and elk.

Drhorsepower
03-31-2013, 04:54 PM
All set, deer elk pronghorn and desert sheep this year. Have a shot for a elk tag. I hope I get either deer or pronghorn or deer and elk.

How many points do you have for elk?

Caseyu
03-31-2013, 05:18 PM

Mal has 14 resident. I am feeling lucky

Drhorsepower
03-31-2013, 06:35 PM
Mal has 14 resident. I am feeling lucky

Dang! Hope she pulls a tag!

Caseyu
03-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Dang! Hope she pulls a tag!

Me too her mom pulled the intersrate hunt with 14.

velvetfvr
03-31-2013, 06:49 PM

4. So square that and that's 16. The 221-222 archery elk odds my mom looked up were under that, pretty low actually. I want to say 4-1 odds but not sure. So I have a chance. My mom drew a later rifle with 2 points so we have the luck!

Zim
03-31-2013, 08:36 PM
I sure am glad I drew my archery elk tag back when the hunt ran through the whole rut. These new season dates suck, and I would not know what to apply for, I guess one of the firearms as I hate hunting hot weather.

Backcountry Stalker
04-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Wow, glad to hear you got such a quick resolution!

Yeah thanks....they actually were very detailed about it. They asked me to file a police report as well. All of the incidents/bad checks/ACH where done at Albertsons & Kohls (wth is Kohls anyway :confused:) I'm just grateful they took care of it in a timely fashion

I didn't feel the stress some of the guys felt...maybe cause it's my first year idk lol. But, I had a couple units I was always looking at and just stayed with what I did the homework on. Put the Rubies (Early & Late) 4th & 5th for insurance. And, just applied for bonus points for everything else.

packer58
04-01-2013, 01:35 PM
4. So square that and that's 16. The 221-222 archery elk odds my mom looked up were under that, pretty low actually. I want to say 4-1 odds but not sure. So I have a chance. My mom drew a later rifle with 2 points so we have the luck!

Acually, if you havn't allready figured it in.....you get one point for applying, so your 4 points squared = 16 + 1 "this years application" = 17 ..... Even better odds!!!!