PDA

View Full Version : Terminology Pet Peeves

Umpqua Hunter
03-26-2013, 12:11 PM
I have been thinking of starting this thread for a while. What are your pet peeves when it comes to hunting? One of mine is the incorrect use of the word "stock"

I was "stocking" the antelope. The correct way to say it is...I was "stalking" the antelope.

The correct use of these words is:

Stocking: What a woman wears on her feet and legs.

Stock: That is the wood or composite thing on your rifle.

Stalk and Stalking: The correct words for sneaking up on critters.

packmule
03-26-2013, 12:22 PM
How folks say calibers...

.223 = two twenty three....not two two three or 2 hundred twenty three.

buckbull
03-26-2013, 01:18 PM
My biggest gripe are the folks that discuss gun control on the TV from both politicians and news anchors. They don't know the difference between semi-auto and automatic, and that a "clip" is not the same thing as a "magazine". They routinely call ammunition rounds as bullets.

Besides what the idiots on TV say, I don't personally like calling antlers by the name of "horns".

bdjmtn
03-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Those are all of my pet peeves too! Some others are when someone says I saw four doe today, when it should be does. If I hear I smoked him one more time I am going to puke.

Fink
03-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Harvest. I killed that deer. No harvesting was conducted.

packmule
03-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Calling fawns yearlings.

CrimsonArrow
03-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Calling fawns yearlings.Or calling buck fawns 'button bucks'. You shot a fawn, now man up and accept it.

humbletaxi
03-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Calling antelope "goats" gets kind of annoying.

humbletaxi
03-26-2013, 05:24 PM
But I guess calling them antelope is no better than calling them goats since they are actually neither of those.

packmule
03-26-2013, 06:30 PM
You mean speed goats.....:D

Edelweiss
03-31-2013, 04:55 AM
But I guess calling them antelope is no better than calling them goats since they are actually neither of those.

So your telling me that an animal scientifically named antelocapra americana is not an antelope?

A the mountain goat, chamois, tahr and muskox are technically antelope as well.

Edelweiss
03-31-2013, 04:56 AM

Harvest corn kill deer, me too. Hate that one.

Edelweiss
03-31-2013, 04:59 AM
How folks say calibers...

.223 = two twenty three....not two two three or 2 hundred twenty three.

This must be a regional thing. Kind of like how people from the south count every point on antlers.

packmule
03-31-2013, 08:31 AM
Every scoring system I've come across does too :D

Ikeepitcold
03-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Calling antelope "goats" gets kind of annoying.

X2! I hate that

BKC
03-31-2013, 09:43 AM
When I am hunting deer in antelope country or antelope in deer country, I use the term "goat" to distinguish an antelope buck from other deer. I know it is not correct but it saves confusion in the field.

Ikeepitcold
03-31-2013, 10:02 AM
When I am hunting deer in antelope country or antelope in deer country, I use the term "goat" to distinguish an antelope buck from other deer. I know it is not correct but it saves confusion in the field.

I totally get that. For me it is the general use of the word instead of Pronghorn or Antelope.

humbletaxi
03-31-2013, 10:25 AM
So your telling me that an animal scientifically named antelocapra americana is not an antelope?

The pronghorn (Antilocapra americana) is a species of artiodactyl mammal endemic to interior western and central North America. Though not an antelope, it is often known colloquially in North America as the prong buck, pronghorn antelope, or simply antelope,[3] as it closely resembles the true antelopes of the Old World and fills a similar ecological niche due to convergent evolution.[4] It is the only surviving member of the family Antilocapridae.[5] During the Pleistocene period, 12 antilocaprid species existed in North America.[6] About five existed when humans entered North America[citation needed] and all but A. americana are now extinct.[5]

That is directly from wikipedia.... but I also still call them antelope.

Ikeepitcold
03-31-2013, 10:32 AM
The pronghorn (Antilocapra americana) is a species of artiodactyl mammal endemic to interior western and central North America. Though not an antelope, it is often known colloquially in North America as the prong buck, pronghorn antelope, or simply antelope,[3] as it closely resembles the true antelopes of the Old World and fills a similar ecological niche due to convergent evolution.[4] It is the only surviving member of the family Antilocapridae.[5] During the Pleistocene period, 12 antilocaprid species existed in North America.[6] About five existed when humans entered North America[citation needed] and all but A. americana are now extinct.[5]

That is directly from wikipedia.... but I also still call them antelope.

I could only read about every 4th word of that so I skipped to the last part you wrote! I agree. Hahaahhahahahahhahahahhaha

shootbrownelk
04-01-2013, 08:11 AM

Right Fink, You PICK corn, You HARVEST wheat, and you KILL Deer!

AKaviator
04-01-2013, 03:35 PM

Not sure about the others but I kinda doubt that Musk Ox are technically antelope.

Either way, my pet peeve is more directed a the hunting t.v. shows that make hunting a team sport. I think they should build themselves an arena and let us have comfortable seats and popcorn and pay to watch who kills the most turkeys and whitetails.

velvetfvr
04-01-2013, 06:56 PM

Yeah because pronghorn is a entirely different species! I have a whole book on them and did 2 reports on them! Pronghorn is the only one of its kind.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

BigSurArcher
04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
"Can't eat the horns".

"Don't pass on the first day what you would shoot on the last".

"Tag soup".

These phrases are irritating to me.

shootbrownelk
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
"Can't eat the horns".

"Don't pass on the first day what you would shoot on the last".

"Tag soup".

These phrases are irritating to me.

I'm with you there BigSur...don't forget "Hardcore Hunter".

BigSurArcher
04-01-2013, 10:16 PM
How about when "DIY" is repetitively spelled "DYI"? I remember someone on here said "What does DYI stand for? Do Yourself In?" That cracked me up!

Fink
04-02-2013, 06:28 AM
How about when "DIY" is repetitively spelled "DYI"? I remember someone on here said "What does DYI stand for? Do Yourself In?" That cracked me up!

Seems like I've done myself in on more than a few hunts!

BigSurArcher
04-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Seems like I've done myself in on more than a few hunts!

Exactly, it was hilarious because it almost made more sense than the actual "DIY" label!

packmule
04-02-2013, 11:05 AM
So is it a coyote, coyotee, yote, song dog or pasture poodle?

Drhorsepower
04-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Here's on non hunting related but bugs the crap out of me, it's Ne-VA-DUH.... NOT.....Ne-VAH-DUH

Umpqua Hunter
04-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Here's on non hunting related but bugs the crap out of me, it's Ne-VA-DUH.... NOT.....Ne-VAH-DUH

Ha ha....or for Oregon...

NOT Ore "Gone"....it hasn't "gone" anywhere...

It's pronounced Ore "Gun"

Fink
04-02-2013, 05:33 PM

Haha, we have a town here in Missouri (not Missourah) that is pronounced Ne-VEH-Duh

Ikeepitcold
04-02-2013, 06:23 PM

There it is! That just makes me boil!

packmule
04-02-2013, 07:37 PM
I honestly thought it was Nuh-Vah-Duh..

Drhorsepower
04-02-2013, 07:37 PM
I honestly thought it was Nuh-Vah-Duh..

So did csi Las Vegas so I boycotted them.

packmule
04-02-2013, 07:43 PM
If they're from Las Vegas shouldn't they know better. :D

I am 100% sure I can pronounce Las Vegas & Reno correctly.

Drhorsepower
04-02-2013, 07:49 PM

I am 100% sure I can pronounce Las Vegas & Reno correctly.

You would think! Lol

Murdy
04-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Harvest corn kill deer, me too. Hate that one.

Harvest never really bothers me. I kill deer, then I take them home and eat them, so I harvest them, as opposed to crows or woodchucks, which I simply kill. Actually though, where I grew up, we never used kill or harvest. We used "got." I.E., "Did you get a buck." "Yah, I got a turdy pointer."

packmule
04-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Naming every buck that gets killed despite never seeing the deer before killing him.

tdub24
04-03-2013, 09:23 AM

Is Vegas even considered part of Nevada? :confused:

Bitterroot Bulls
04-03-2013, 09:31 AM
You guys are a bunch of hard-asses.

Harvest, goat, naming deer ...

Who cares if you're having fun!

I must admit I cringe when antlers are referred to as horns though. So I guess everybody's got their line in the sand.

;)

Umpqua Hunter
04-03-2013, 10:27 AM
You guys are a bunch of hard-asses.

Harvest, goat, naming deer ...

Who cares if you're having fun!

I must admit I cringe when antlers are referred to as horns though. So I guess everybody's got their line in the sand.

;)

Hey....all I said was guys shouldn't be "stalking" elk in women's "stockings" ;-)

Bitterroot Bulls
04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Hahaha,

I know.

It just strikes me as odd that guys would get so upset about some of this stuff.

I do chuckle about misspelling lose as "loose." It seems this happens on forums all the time, as in:

"I use a lanyard on my rangefinder so I don't loose it."

Watch out, that rangefinder is on the loose!

Kevin Root
04-03-2013, 12:32 PM
My spelling is not always the best, and I'm surly guilty of more than one on this list above at one time or another. I hope it brings chuckles and fun more than raising someones blood pressure. :)

Ikeepitcold
04-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Thak god for spel chek!

Bitterroot Bulls
04-03-2013, 01:49 PM
I am going to have to trademark that DYI thing, BSA.

;)

hardstalk
04-03-2013, 01:56 PM
So there I was... Stocking a speed goat, it was a hardcore DYI style hunt on the nevuda oregoyn border. He had 4 doe and button buck with him. I named him goliath as soon as I put my crosshairs on em from my two two three. I said to myself. " dont pass on the first day a stud buck like this if ill take him the last day" i wanted to shoot fast so I wouldnt loose him. After harvesting the buck I was super stoked I didnt end up with tag soup.

His horns scored 94 7/8 net!! My friend who is the best guide in the state measured him.

Drhorsepower
04-03-2013, 02:00 PM
So there I was... Stocking a speed goat, it was a hardcore DYI style hunt on the nevuda oregoyn border. He had 4 doe and button buck with him. I named him goliath as soon as I put my crosshairs on em. I said to myself. " dont pass on the first day a stud buck like this if ill take him the last day" i wanted to shoot fast so I wouldnt loose him. After harvesting the buck I was super stoked I didnt end up with tag soup.

Was this in nevuduh or oregone?

hardstalk
04-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Was this in nevuduh or oregone?

On the border.

Kevin Root
04-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Ha, that was good hardstalk. Thanks for the chuckle today! :)

hardstalk
04-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Ha, that was good hardstalk. Thanks for the chuckle today! :)

Been driving for 5 hours. Im "loosing" it :)

Bitterroot Bulls
04-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Hilarious.

Congrats on Goliath, BTW. Sounds like a whopper, stud, prairie-donkey goat.

hardstalk
04-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Hilarious.

Congrats on Goliath, BTW. Sounds like a whopper, stud, prairie-donkey goat.

He is! Heres a pic of when I first seen him. 5378 took it with my rx100 because I quit using binos for glassing. Use my camera instead.

Muleys 24/7
04-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Good story hard stalk.....lol
And great pic... I can see his horns well.

packmule
04-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Been driving for 5 hours. Im "loosing" it :)

Don't pass up a bathroom 1hr into the trip that you wouldn't pass up 8hrs into it.

BigSurArcher
04-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Haha! This is getting hilarious.

AKaviator
04-03-2013, 04:43 PM
So there I was... Stocking a speed goat, it was a hardcore DYI style hunt on the nevuda oregoyn border. He had 4 doe and button buck with him. I named him goliath as soon as I put my crosshairs on em from my two two three. I said to myself. " dont pass on the first day a stud buck like this if ill take him the last day" i wanted to shoot fast so I wouldnt loose him. After harvesting the buck I was super stoked I didnt end up with tag soup.

His horns scored 94 7/8 net!! My friend who is the best guide in the state measured him.

Booyah, dude!

Never in Doubt
04-03-2013, 04:48 PM

Ha ha! It would be hilarious if someone did a parody of all the hunting shows.

*some guy shoots a buck*

"WOOOO! YEAH BABY! WE JUST LIT OUR HAIR ON FIRE! Look at this monster! This is Ol Two Ears. He's got this ear right here, and over here he has another one almost identical. Very symmetrical! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! GIVE ME SOME!"

"I tell you what(pauses to catch breath). We got Bushnell trail cam pictures of this joker. He been walking through here at night to eat from the food we seen planted for him. This realtree AP made us invisible and with our new 2013 scent preventer technology, we were able to sit up here in this tree and he never knew we were here! I drew back my new Deerwhacker 958 bow and FLUNG THE HAMMER AT THIS JOKER! KABOOM SHACKALAKA!!"

"I want to thank Big Deer Farms for their outstanding work with the genetics of these deer. Their fences are top of the line, high quality stuff. And to the amazing Front Porch Outfitters. Just an awesome hunt. He'll score maybe 280, 290. Look at the mass on this joker! No tag soup for me this week, Goliath has fallen! Just goes to show how hard work, and long hours in the wilderness can pay off. Nothing can top a DYI hunt, where to have to battle the elements and everything nature can throw at you."

"Back up the truck! Toss him in and lets go play the guitar by the fire!"

packmule
04-03-2013, 04:51 PM
So was this Goliath you harvested a 10 pointer?

Timberstalker
04-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Hardstalk, thats funny! I've never heard a story that starts out with "So there I was" that wasn't funny.

Fink
04-03-2013, 05:42 PM

Bahahahaha. How far out did ya 'reach out and touch him' with that ole' two two three? Bout a mile, give er take a step?

Fink
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Don't pass up a bathroom 1hr into the trip that you wouldn't pass up 8hrs into it.

*Fink wipes beer foam from computer screen*

spark
04-03-2013, 07:34 PM
You guys made my day with this thread. Thanks to all.:D

Aught6Fan
04-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Booyah, dude!

FLUNG THE HAMMER AT THIS JOKER! KABOOM SHACKALAKA!!"

LMBO!!!! You guys are killin' me!

Best laugh I had in week, thanks!:D

Ikeepitcold
04-03-2013, 08:41 PM

I think I just crapped my pants reading this! I know I peed alittle! Hahahhahah

hardstalk
04-03-2013, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=Never in Doubt;48994]Ha ha!

"WOOOO! YEAH BABY! WE JUST LIT OUR HAIR ON FIRE! /QUOTE]

This one takes the cake. I hate to point the spotlight away from myself on this comedically explosive conversation. But I cant help but picture ricky bobby in a treestand. With ole cal sitting beside him running the camera. Conversing about what their baby jesus looks like just moments before the animal shows up. Helmets on and all. "Shake and Fu**** bake bro!!" "Did you see that!"http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/04/ujeru3ad.jpg

Ikeepitcold
04-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Ha ha! It would be hilarious if someone did a parody of all the hunting shows.

*some guy shoots a buck*

"WOOOO! YEAH BABY! WE JUST LIT OUR HAIR ON FIRE! Look at this monster! This is Ol Two Ears. He's got this ear right here, and over here he has another one almost identical. Very symmetrical! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! GIVE ME SOME!"

"I tell you what(pauses to catch breath). We got Bushnell trail cam pictures of this joker. He been walking through here at night to eat from the food we seen planted for him. This realtree AP made us invisible and with our new 2013 scent preventer technology, we were able to sit up here in this tree and he never knew we were here! I drew back my new Deerwhacker 958 bow and FLUNG THE HAMMER AT THIS JOKER! KABOOM SHACKALAKA!!"

"I want to thank Big Deer Farms for their outstanding work with the genetics of these deer. Their fences are top of the line, high quality stuff. And to the amazing Front Porch Outfitters. Just an awesome hunt. He'll score maybe 280, 290. Look at the mass on this joker! No tag soup for me this week, Goliath has fallen! Just goes to show how hard work, and long hours in the wilderness can pay off. Nothing can top a DYI hunt, where to have to battle the elements and everything nature can throw at you."

"Back up the truck! Toss him in and lets go play the guitar by the fire!"

Dear god! You got ol Two ears! Bahahaha so hilarious!

Fink
04-03-2013, 08:50 PM

This one takes the cake. I hate to point the spotlight away from myself on this comedically explosive conversation. But I cant help but picture ricky bobby in a treestand. With ole cal sitting beside him running the camera. Conversing about what their baby jesus looks like just moments before the animal shows up. Helmets on and all. "Shake and Fu**** bake bro!!" "Did you see that!"

"I picture Jesus as a bowhunter, flinging flaming arrahs at wild game, while wearing Golden Fleece diapers" ~Cal

Ikeepitcold
04-03-2013, 08:50 PM

This one takes the cake. I hate to point the spotlight away from myself on this comedically explosive conversation. But I cant help but picture ricky bobby in a treestand. With ole cal sitting beside him running the camera. Conversing about what their baby jesus looks like just moments before the animal shows up. Helmets on and all. "Shake and Fu**** bake bro!!" "Did you see that!"

Ya I think I've laughed more on this thread then any other. My wife walks in the room and asks me what's so funny? Good times fellas

Bitterroot Bulls
04-03-2013, 09:04 PM
HAHAHAHHA

Uhh that video had some language....

Dear Lord Baby Jesus forgive me.

hardstalk
04-03-2013, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=hardstalk;49022]

"I picture Jesus as a bowhunter, flinging flaming arrahs at wild game, while wearing Golden Fleece diapers" ~Cal

See, I like to picture my baby jesus in a sitka onesie. With a tie on. It says "Im concealed, but I mean business" he has a montek pacifier. And shoots an 80 lb trad bow.

BigSurArcher
04-03-2013, 10:12 PM
How about... "I shot him right behind the front shoulder!" ... as if deer have back shoulder???

packmule
04-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Do you get extra points for saying wapiti instead of elk?

BigSurArcher
04-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Do you get extra points for saying wapiti instead of elk?

Gotta ask Humbletaxi. My guess is he will say calling them elk is much too slang.

packmule
04-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Almost forgot this one "I shot a limit of Canadians this morning".......

Jerry
04-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Then there is always advise vs advice

shootbrownelk
04-04-2013, 08:48 AM
We'll be putting some "Booners" on the ground.

packmule
04-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Freak nasty should be the name given to the wounded gazelle at the bar, not a big buck.

buckbull
04-04-2013, 01:42 PM
You guys just slammed 95% of the hunting celebreties on the outdoor channel. I like it.

humbletaxi
04-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Gotta ask Humbletaxi. My guess is he will say calling them elk is much too slang.

Nope, no extra points sorry.

humbletaxi
04-04-2013, 05:39 PM
How about the term "BBD" you seem to hear that alot.

hoshour
04-05-2013, 01:55 PM
At the end of my article I would like to thank my unnamed brother who carried out all the meat while I took pics and my unnamed nephew who actually found my buck of a lifetime, as well as my good buddy who didn't get a deer this year because he did all the scouting for me. I also took him along on my elk hunt because I didn't know how to bugle.

I would also like to thank myself for enduring my incredible training regimen that got me into sheep shape even though I was only hunting whitetailed deer. All that extra time at the range really paid off when after shooting 7 times, I accidentally shot the buck in the rear end at 800 yards and somehow cut an artery. Somehow, that long-range shooting prowess didn't make it into the article. But, we did high fives all around and just couldn't believe how much we under estimated the size of this buck. No ground shrinkage on this one.

A special thanks to my wife for understanding why I spent all our money and was gone six months again this year, leaving her to raise our kids alone when she wasn't working her other job. She's a jewel and I really don't deserve her. I am looking forward to the time when I can take the kids with me and pass along this heritage.

I would also like to thank my Creator for making this big buck and allowing me to luck into him. It really was the buck of a lifetime because he's the only one I've ever killed.

shootbrownelk
04-06-2013, 08:12 AM
You guys just slammed 95% of the hunting celebreties on the outdoor channel. I like it.

Like Stan Potts....."YES! YES!! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!

Ikeepitcold
04-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Just saw my biggest one ever! Can't believe I didn't think of it before. When somebody on the forum (usually a newbie posting his first thread) says "Not looking for anyone's honey hole"

Hey guys new here looking for some info on where to hunt. Not looking for anyone's honey hole BUT any info would be much appreciated.

I don't know why but WTFranks and Beans!!

packmule
04-07-2013, 08:29 AM
It's nicer to just say "I'm new, I'm looking for your honey hole; I will only shoot something decent from it and be sure to send you pictures." Awaiting the flood of PMs, thank you.

Ikeepitcold
04-07-2013, 08:41 AM
It's nicer to just say "I'm new, I'm looking for your honey hole; I will only shoot something decent from it and be sure to send you pictures." Awaiting the flood of PMs, thank you.

Hahahhaha ya pretty much read between the lines. You would think to gain alittle respect with the first post guys would introduce themselves before they ask us to lift up our skirts and show them the goods! What happen to a little foreplay?

packmule
04-07-2013, 08:56 AM
So, if I come to Nevada, where would I find a honey hole? :D

packmule
04-07-2013, 09:09 AM
What is the actual definition of "a good bow buck"?

HiMtnHnter
04-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Admittedly I call "Pronghorn" either antelope or goats. My guess is a majority of Wyoming residents do the same. We know it's wrong, but we don't care.

Ikeepitcold
04-07-2013, 09:18 AM
So, if I come to Nevada, where would I find a honey hole? :D

In the desert rite by the rocks and sage brush. But don't tell anyone. It's my super secret spot! Lol

packmule
04-07-2013, 09:29 AM
In the desert rite by the rocks and sage brush. But don't tell anyone. It's my super secret spot! Lol

I think I know where that is!

Never in Doubt
04-07-2013, 09:34 AM

If people were 100% honest, lots of them would say, "I'm looking for a great spot to hunt with lots of bucks. I'll never contact you again, even to say thank you if I get one."

packmule
04-07-2013, 09:38 AM
I feel that's rude and that the person forthcoming with info should at least be mentioned as a consultant in the e-article.

For instance, if I go to Nevada now and shoot something next to some rocks and sage I will mention hunting consultant IKIC.

Muleys 24/7
04-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Admittedly I call "Pronghorn" either antelope or goats. My guess is a majority of Wyoming residents do the same. We know it's wrong, but we don't care.

I think it's not only the majority of WY residents..... It's something that just got picked up through out the west!:)

Ikeepitcold
04-07-2013, 09:55 AM
I feel that's rude and that the person forthcoming with info should at least be mentioned as a consultant in the e-article.

For instance, if I go to Nevada now and shoot something next to some rocks and sage I will mention hunting consultant IKIC.

Hahahhahaha thanks for the props!

packmule
04-07-2013, 09:59 AM
All I ask in return is you mention me if you happen to come to TX and shoot anything between the Rio Grande & Red River.

bigmoose
04-07-2013, 09:59 AM
So did csi Las Vegas so I boycotted them.

This reminded me of the episode where they went up to To-nap-a instead of Tone-a-paw (Tonopah). The funny part was when they kept repeating it. Or Ver-dee for Verdi.

This whole thread cracks me up! Funny stuff!

Moose

Ikeepitcold
04-07-2013, 10:40 AM
All I ask in return is you mention me if you happen to come to TX and shoot anything between the Rio Grande & Red River.

Dunzo! Hunted the hill country a few years ago. Lano County

packmule
04-07-2013, 10:47 AM
I did quite a bit of hunting out there while I was in school in San Antonio. Them animals have to love licking rocks to survive out that way.

tttoadman
04-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Just saw my biggest one ever! Can't believe I didn't think of it before. When somebody on the forum (usually a newbie posting his first thread) says "Not looking for anyone's honey hole"

Hey guys new here looking for some info on where to hunt. Not looking for anyone's honey hole BUT any info would be much appreciated.

I don't know why but WTFranks and Beans!!

Perhaps a poor choice of words if you are specifically pointing at mine. I tried to illustrate that i was looking for general comments on difficulty level, access problems, etc. for that time of year without making a laundry list of questions. This is the first time out of state for me, and I was trying to eliminate an 8hr+++ blunder because I don't know anything about the area. I was dying laughing going through this, and it just got worse when I realized I had made the "wall of shame". The only thing that makes me feel a little better is the first time I heard the term was on an Eastman Hunting Show.

Edelweiss
04-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Have you ever noticed that 99% of the BS "malarky" terms in hunting come from the south?