PDA

View Full Version : archery challenge!

ivorytip
03-29-2013, 07:47 AM
in july brb in blackfoot idaho is doing a traintohunt challenge. mile run then some target shooting. check it out on traintohunt.com! should be a good time.

Ikeepitcold
03-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Will you be in the challenge?

When I first saw this I thought you put together some sort of challenge for the members of the forum..... That could be interesting to do

ivorytip
03-29-2013, 11:47 AM
yeah im going to sign up for it. found out about it yesterday, its a steep 100 bucks to do but would be neat.

ivorytip
03-29-2013, 11:55 AM
ikeepitcold, i think that you are on to something there. some kind of buy in challenge for eastman members only, im sure the eastman boys could throw in some cool prizes:), seriously though, great idea!!!

Ikeepitcold
03-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Maybe. I don't think we can do any $$ that would change hands but if someone wants to put it together and how it would work I would be happy to talk to the higher ups and see what can do. PM me if someone wants to figure this out with ideas on how to.

ivorytip
03-29-2013, 03:40 PM
the money could go to RMEF or something of that nature, or a percentage of it atleast. im not confident but im pretty sure thats the loop hole right there.

dhershberger
03-29-2013, 04:14 PM
the money could go to RMEF or something of that nature, or a percentage of it atleast. im not confident but im pretty sure thats the loop hole right there.

or the NRA, it sure seems like they need the money more than the RMEF these days with all the crazy libs trying to take our guns from us

Ikeepitcold
03-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Well put Somthing together and I will talk to the man about it. It will be his decision.

Ikeepitcold
03-29-2013, 04:51 PM
I think this could be fun. A lot on folks honesty. Maybe tightest group with 5 arrows, longest shot closest to bullseye, things like that.

velvetfvr
03-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Sounds neat. Will have to look at my football schedule. Sounds neat.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Drhorsepower
03-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Maybe we can come up with our own challenge and everyone post time/scores. Involves cardio, and shooting either rifle or bow. No proze just bragging rights.

We have two categories rifle/bow run maybe hike 3 miles or so and have a standard target at set yardage. We post target, score it and weigh in run time. Everyone post elevation gain maybe as well for bonus?

Ikeepitcold
03-29-2013, 05:30 PM
I like it. This I a good is a great start and heading.

ivorytip
03-29-2013, 05:58 PM
i like where this is headed.

Backcountry Stalker
03-31-2013, 03:21 AM
This actually could be the start of something that evolves into something pretty big! I'll back any progress to this idea as well.

ivorytip
03-31-2013, 07:43 AM
backstalker i dont know if u missed the memmo but hoyts wont be allowed!:):) ha jk jk jk. yeah this will be something fun that will grow i think. exciting! at the range yesterday i tried getting my heart rate up to 90% then try shooting, 20 and 30yrds were good but past that was a whole new level of shooting stick and bow. ive never had a better work out while shooting. this will pay off big come hunting season i believe.

Drhorsepower
03-31-2013, 08:48 AM
backstalker i dont know if u missed the memmo but hoyts wont be allowed!:

Unfair advantage?;)

ivorytip
03-31-2013, 09:10 AM
hahaha! idk that hoyt spider just might be an unfair advantage, that thing is sweet!

Ikeepitcold
03-31-2013, 10:08 AM
How about the 10 year old Hoyt ill be packin around that hasn't been shot in 6 years. Time for a tune up and some practice!

velvetfvr
03-31-2013, 02:12 PM
How about the 10 year old Hoyt ill be packin around that hasn't been shot in 6 years. Time for a tune up and some practice!

Haha, I think my DNA give me a unfair advantage. Lol

Ikeepitcold
03-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Haha, I think my DNA give me a unfair advantage. Lol

All you family are rifle hunters. How will your DNA help you bow shoot? Lol

velvetfvr
03-31-2013, 02:31 PM
All you family are rifle hunters. How will your DNA help you bow shoot? Lol

Now I can't tell if your sarcastic or not???

*hint*: signature lol

Ikeepitcold
03-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Genetic DNA reference.

velvetfvr
03-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Genetic DNA reference.

I was referring to my bow, DNA.

Ikeepitcold
03-31-2013, 03:02 PM
I was referring to my bow, DNA.

I know. C'mon dude. Now it's not so funny. Jeez! Jk

velvetfvr
03-31-2013, 03:04 PM
I know. C'mon dude. Now it's not so funny. Jeez! Jk

Lol, if you need anything done to that Hoyt let me know!

Ikeepitcold
03-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Lol, if you need anything done to that Hoyt let me know!

Will do thanks!

wolftalonID
03-31-2013, 10:55 PM
After looking this over it seems disconnected. Lots of hype and proposed event sponsors. Not very many people signed up. No info available as to who the hosts are. The contact us link is a VERY generic form.

Has anyone called any of these proposed sponsors and confirmed their involvement? $100/ $65 discounted entry seems awful steep. Unless the potential of after event prizes are as they seem.

Good concept. Poorly portrayed. Not getting my money.

ivorytip
03-31-2013, 11:12 PM
i watched the you tube video of one they did last year at bogus basin and it looked pretty cool. and yeah today i seen that its $65 now. im going to do it, its at the range i have a membership to anyway so may as well check it out. ill try to find more info on sponsors and prizes and such. i know a couple of local guys here that i reconized on the bogus basin video and ill chat with them too.

Backcountry Stalker
04-01-2013, 01:39 PM
backstalker i dont know if u missed the memmo but hoyts wont be allowed! ha jk jk jk. yeah this will be something fun that will grow i think. exciting! at the range yesterday i tried getting my heart rate up to 90% then try shooting, 20 and 30yrds were good but past that was a whole new level of shooting stick and bow. ive never had a better work out while shooting. this will pay off big come hunting season i believe.

Unfair advantage?;)

LMBO! Ivory, don't worry if this becomes EPIC we possibly can get Hoyt to put up a bow for the first place winner.....then I don't have to hear about and you won't have to worry about the "unfair advantage" Dr. suggested :p .....well unless I kick butt, then it will just be a monoply on the event for me :p

Don't worry IKIC a 10 year old Hoyt would be considered imo a modern bow on par with other 2013 model bows lol ;)

ivorytip
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
HAHA! its all good, we could create a handycap score card;)

Ikeepitcold
04-02-2013, 05:58 PM

Now your talkin! With my handicap I should have a fighting chance!

Ikeepitcold
04-02-2013, 05:59 PM
LMBO! Ivory, don't worry if this becomes EPIC we possibly can get Hoyt to put up a bow for the first place winner.....then I don't have to hear about and you won't have to worry about the "unfair advantage" Dr. suggested :p .....well unless I kick butt, then it will just be a monoply on the event for me :p

Don't worry IKIC a 10 year old Hoyt would be considered imo a modern bow on par with other 2013 model bows lol ;)

Thanks. And ouch. Lol!

Backcountry Stalker
04-03-2013, 12:50 PM

Now your talkin! With my handicap I should have a fighting chance!

Thanks. And ouch. Lol!

LMBO! Good idea Ivory...and no problem IKIC. I'm always here for you bro lol!