PDA

View Full Version : Please vote for my wife!

Umpqua Hunter
04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Hope that got your attention. lol.

An article about my wife's Montana antelope got printed in the last edition of the Huntin Fool magazine. If you like the article, we'd really appreciate your vote for her on-line. You have to log in as a member. She is "Christy Caddock" in the April 2013 edition. The article has pics of 5 animals we got last fall including her California bighorn (Oregon), Antelope (Montana), and Mule deer (Utah muzzleloader).

It was her third year of hunting, all DIY on draw tags.

Thanks a bunch!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g437/jimcaddock/IMG_3623.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g437/jimcaddock/1.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g437/jimcaddock/IMG_3344.jpg

Muleys 24/7
04-01-2013, 08:23 PM
I havn't got my april mag yet! I seen her in the utah section of the feb issue, I belive it was the muzzleloader buck you posted from last year 2012. I'll go online and give her my vote. Good luck. Dose the winner still get some Ziess glass?

Fink
04-01-2013, 08:33 PM
UH, I read your article just the other day, and really enjoyed it. You all knocked down some great animals! I'll put my vote in for Christy right now. Great job!

bdjmtn
04-01-2013, 08:37 PM
very cool! I will vote for her

Muleys 24/7
04-01-2013, 08:38 PM
I just pulled her ahead of the rest, she's in the lead!

NDHunter
04-01-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm not that great of a judge on antelope but that thing looks huge! Congrats on an awesome season.

Umpqua Hunter
04-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks everyone...my wife says if you are ever out our way she will make you a pie...lol

Muleys..I think the prize is a rifle, bow or backpack...I WISH there were some optics!

Muleys 24/7
04-01-2013, 08:58 PM
If she win's , what ever it is, she deserves it for the great animals she got. All those tags in 3 years...... Throw some of that luck over my way! When I draw the oregon sheep raffle this year I'll give you a call! Lol!

Fink
04-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Got a little delayed in voting, but just completed it. Christy is in the lead!

I need to kill something so I can get a story in a magazine. You think they'll take a story about all the turkeys that I'm about to stack up over the next few weeks?

Ikeepitcold
04-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Very cool! Tell her congrats!!

Umpqua Hunter
04-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Got a little delayed in voting, but just completed it. Christy is in the lead!

I need to kill something so I can get a story in a magazine. You think they'll take a story about all the turkeys that I'm about to stack up over the next few weeks?

Thanks a bunch for the vote Fink!

I dunno about turkey, I haven't seen them run an article on anything but big game.

When I emailed HF a pic of Christy's Montana buck last fall, they pretty quickly asked for an article, so we kinda knew from the get go it would make it. We usually get a pic or two a year that makes it in the magazine. We typically spend about a half an hour to an hour photographing the animal in various poses. The pics really make the memories :-)

Kevin Root
04-02-2013, 07:10 PM
That was cool to see. Congratulations to you and your wife. I saw you also in the Huntin Fool magazine sampler on one of your earlier hunts with you and your son's sheep hunts. You will need to buy stock in the magazine soon. :). Nice photos too. They came out well and it shows that you took the time to position the animals and shot placement was important to you in the photos as well.

Aught6Fan
04-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Sorry not a member, but would definitely vote for her. Congrats to you both, a fine collection of animals, especially for only her 3rd season.

Am I still eligible for pie!?! ;)

packmule
04-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Congrats to you both on that line-up of impressive animals. She'd get my vote but I decided let my membership expire. Good luck to her.

AKaviator
04-02-2013, 08:46 PM
I would certainly vote for her if I were a member, never have been.
My compliments on the great photos of her and the animals. I would think those could be published in just about any magazine.

CoHiCntry
04-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Saw the article and pics in the magazine. I'll go vote too. I got a pic of my moose and archery antelope in the Colorado breakdown section this year too! It's fun to see your pics in the magazine. They didn't ask me to write an article though... guess I didn't stack up, LOL!

As for turkeys... I hope they don't start running turkey articles. I was a little disappointed when they started featuring Kansas and now Iowa??? They should stick with what they claim to be, A western big game hunting publication. Don't get me wrong, I love turkeys as much as the next guy and am involved with our local NWTF committee, but branching out to much in my opinion waters everything down. There are other outlets for turkey hunting, whitetail hunting etc. What's next, trophy bass fishing???

Muleys 24/7
04-05-2013, 01:12 PM
As for turkeys... I hope they don't start running turkey articles. I was a little disappointed when they started featuring Kansas and now Iowa??? They should stick with what they claim to be, A western big game hunting publication. Don't get me wrong, I love turkeys as much as the next guy and am involved with our local NWTF committee, but branching out to much in my opinion waters everything down. There are other outlets for turkey hunting, whitetail hunting etc. What's next, trophy bass fishing???

I have to agree with you 100%

Fink
04-05-2013, 01:50 PM
I guess I probably should have used the sarcasm font on the turkey comment.

Muleys 24/7
04-05-2013, 02:47 PM
I guess I probably should have used the sarcasm font on the turkey comment.

Haha! ;)