PDA

View Full Version : Nasty New Virus

Colorado Cowboy
04-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Just got my computer back after having a really nasty new virus get into it. Have no idea where it came from. Its been called the FBI virus and none of the firewalls or protection programs can stop it. Really frustrating. Blocks your computer and asks for $300.00 from a credit card to unlock it.....fat chance! Hope no one else has any experience with it!!!

ssliger
04-03-2013, 07:28 AM
I had this last week. I was able to get rid of it. I just searched on my smartphone and there was some links to ways to try and get rid of it.

Fink
04-03-2013, 08:04 AM
I assumed from the title, that you were suffering from a bout of Spring Fever...

Seriously though, computer viruses are the worst.

Colorado Cowboy
04-03-2013, 08:12 AM
I assumed from the title, that you were suffering from a bout of Spring Fever...

I wish!!!!!

Ikeepitcold
04-03-2013, 08:14 AM
I use all Apple products now. Never seem to have viruses of them. I have in the passed had a few tho on PCs that ran Windows. A real drag that's for sure.

Kevin Root
04-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Just got my computer back after having a really nasty new virus get into it. Have no idea where it came from. Its been called the FBI virus and none of the firewalls or protection programs can stop it. Really frustrating. Blocks your computer and asks for $300.00 from a credit card to unlock it.....fat chance! Hope no one else has any experience with it!!!

Gosh that sounds like a big pain in the %$$. Glad your back up and running now CC. I was thinking you were out on a vacation or on a trip all this time.

I use all Apple products now. Never seem to have viruses of them. I have in the passed had a few tho on PCs that ran Windows. A real drag that's for sure.

I've had hard drives crash or die on me over time. No viruses for me either. Viruses have not shut me down to my knowledge yet. Never had anything other than a Mac though either since 1987.

Umpqua Hunter
04-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Mac....Mac......Mac!! I don't even know where the "on" switch is on a PC :)

It is a well known fact that guys that use Macs draw more tags :D

tdub24
04-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Mac....Mac......Mac!! I don't even know where the "on" switch is on a PC :)

It is a well known fact that guys that use Macs draw more tags :D

You just boosted Mac sells by 300%!!!:D

Umpqua Hunter
04-03-2013, 12:11 PM
You just boosted Mac sells by 300%!!!:D

Yes...it has something to do with how your application is encoded with its random draw number, and when you apply for hunts using a Mac, statistically you are assigned a more favorable draw number. :rolleyes:

hardstalk
04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
I had this last week. I was able to get rid of it. I just searched on my smartphone and there was some links to ways to try and get rid of it.

+1 took a couple tries, finally got rid of it.

hardstalk
04-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Yes...it has something to do with how your application is encoded with its random draw number, and when you apply for hunts using a Mac, statistically you are assigned a more favorable draw number. :rolleyes:

Im filing the rest of my tags via Iphone :)