PDA

View Full Version : Retired Army moving to Colorado first of June

Airborne84
04-23-2013, 09:52 PM
Looking to make some friends to show me around hunting. Grew up in Kentucky hunting all my life. Hunting out west is going to be new to me. Would like to meet people fish hunt maybe catch a football game. If you would be down for showing me around Colorado let me know. I will take all the help I can get.

Colorado Cowboy
04-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Only one trouble for me.......I'd be glad to but I live in the SW part of the state, about 350 miles away! I try to stay away from that part of the state as much as possible. Too many people and most are of the wrong political persuasion.

If you ever plan a trip to Mesa Verde or near here, let me know.

Old Hunter
04-24-2013, 09:08 AM
A hunter picked Boulder to live?

packmule
04-24-2013, 10:12 AM
My family's place is 175 miles away, I'm only up that way in Oct-Nov nowadays though.

Caseyu
04-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Thank you for your service!!! And you are going to love colorado

EBOLAVIRS
04-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Boulder is the Berkeley of Colorado...

xtreme
04-24-2013, 09:13 PM
From a 101 guy, I am trying to leave Colorado. Colorado is too liberal for me and when they passed their gun restriction laws I pass on drawing a tag or putting in for points. Still have a house for sale in Co after it sells I am gone

Huntography
04-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks for your service Airborne!

I'm in Fort Collins, not far from you.

Message me when you get to town. Always open to meeting a local fellow hunter.

Rudy

Old Hunter
04-25-2013, 08:26 AM
From a 101 guy, I am trying to leave Colorado. Colorado is too liberal for me and when they passed their gun restriction laws I pass on drawing a tag or putting in for points. Still have a house for sale in Co after it sells I am gone

I don't give up so easy.

Cya!

packmule
04-25-2013, 08:45 AM
The county we hunt only has 20 registered Republicans, just have to put your blinders on and avoid people.

Colorado Cowboy
04-25-2013, 08:55 AM
I don't give up so easy.

Cya!

Me too!

I have a hard time believing that there are only 20 registered Republicans in any county! I hope the stastics you got are screwed up.

packmule
04-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Hopefully my source misspoke, but in town it would seem to be the truth.

Eric Bailey
04-25-2013, 11:04 AM
I grew up in Boulder and didn't turn out too bad.

In God We Trust
04-25-2013, 11:02 PM
I was born in Boulder and I am ashamed!

trkytrack2
04-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Me too!

I have a hard time believing that there are only 20 registered Republicans in any county! I hope the stastics you got are screwed up.

Gotta be Boulder County! I worked in Boulder for 16 years. Tough place for a conservative. But I do know that there are quite a few hunters that live in Boulder County and the Republic of Boulder too.

xtreme
04-28-2013, 05:05 PM
I guess I have calmed some, I did apply for a youth cow elk for the bear hunter grandson. Me and the new bride are going to stay a while in Co in may and for once I won't be doing much scouting. I already know where to look for elk for the grandson. Chances of him getting his tag are 74% so maybe the 24th of may we will be smiling again. No the new woman doesn't hunt but she is okay with me hunting.

Colorado Cowboy
04-28-2013, 05:28 PM
I hope our rants about the Denver, Boulder metro area didn't get you tee'd off. Those of us who live in the really rural areas like to rant against the populous areas that control the state's politics. Their views (and votes) are generally opposite what we are.

Welcome to Colorado.

xtreme
04-29-2013, 09:55 AM
I know that CC, most of that comes from people who were not native to the state of Co. I don't have much patience with them and quite I am not trying to improve on that. Sides, Old Hunter is still in the state, I figure if he can dodge them, I can too.

Airborne84
04-29-2013, 09:00 PM
I am just trying to go back to school now that I am out of the Army. I don't really care if Boulder is not all that friendly to people like me havng guns and hunting. I will do me and they can just deal with it. Just trying to get some help with hunting.

Catahoula12
04-29-2013, 11:04 PM
I was born in Longmont... still have family in Berthoud and Loveland.. Its a shame what was once a conservative state went sour to the left... But my home state still has the best elk hunting...

Colorado Cowboy
04-30-2013, 06:53 AM
I am just trying to go back to school now that I am out of the Army. I don't really care if Boulder is not all that friendly to people like me havng guns and hunting. I will do me and they can just deal with it. Just trying to get some help with hunting.

Stick with it man, the more education you get the better you are from it. You are very close to a lot of great hunting areas...just start sniffing them out. I hope you do well, keep us all posted.