PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Partner

Trevor_20
05-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Im going to be deer hunting for the first time this year and hoping i could find a hunting partner to show me the ropes. How to scout, what signs to look for, where to set up, and whatever else there is to learn. I live in Yucaipa so i would like to try for d16 so if anyone around me can help id love to learn. im not looking for your hunting area and secret spots so dont get me wrong just looking for someone to show me what to do.
Thanks!

Trevor_20
05-02-2013, 12:49 AM
sorry d14***

quicknick
05-03-2013, 06:14 PM
best thing to do is get out in the area as much as you can and be observant; find water, beds, good travel routes etc. nothing can compare to good ole time spent in the field.

Muleys 24/7
05-03-2013, 07:56 PM
best thing to do is get out in the area as much as you can and be observant; find water, beds, good travel routes etc. nothing can compare to good ole time spent in the field.

quicknick has some good advice. I might also add.... get a mule deer hunting book, and research, research, research! The internet is also a very good tool to learn. Goodluck

Trevor_20
05-04-2013, 12:18 AM
ok thanks guys that helps alot. what types of landscape do i look for? (oak trees, aspen trees, pines?) or does it not matter?

Never in Doubt
05-15-2013, 08:55 AM
The deer will be where you find them. You must hunt for them. If it was easy, it would be called Deer Shopping.

Start hiking long before sunrise, and use a good pair of binoculars. It could take a couple of seasons to find the deer, depending on how often you go and how many places you try. When you finally learn to consistently find bucks, and you did it by yourself, it will totally be worth it all! And you'll understand why successful hunters don't give up their secrets easily.

Good Luck out there!