PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Guy Eastman

velvetfvr
05-02-2013, 07:37 PM
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2007709

Found this thread on another forum. Congrats to you guy!

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸

Ikeepitcold
05-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Very cool. Tells you a little about the character of the Esstmans family. Great bunch of people. Way to go Guy!

tdub24
05-02-2013, 09:17 PM
That's awesome, need more good folks like Guy in this world. Well done sir!!!

DryFlyGuy
05-02-2013, 09:58 PM
That is awesome.

I can attest to Guy's willingness to help. I live in his neck of the woods and he met us for dinner one night. My hunting partner and I grilled him with questions for the better part of three hours and he was top-notch the whole way. It is worth saying that he had never met me before that night and agreed to it over a few email exchanges.

shootbrownelk
05-03-2013, 07:05 AM
You are a man of character Guy, you made that family very happy! Thanks for all you do.

Timberstalker
05-03-2013, 10:58 AM
I love stories like this. Guy must be a cool dude.

HeartElk1
05-03-2013, 02:37 PM
I've met Guy (and Ike as well) and this doesn't suprise me at all. The Eastmans are a real good family and I think they represent "our" style of hunting, values, and decency very well.

shootbrownelk
05-03-2013, 05:06 PM
I've met Guy (and Ike as well) and this doesn't suprise me at all. The Eastmans are a real good family and I think they represent "our" style of hunting, values, and decency very well.

Guy & Ike were taught by Mike & Gordon, enough said!

sjsmallfield
05-03-2013, 08:31 PM
That is a pretty cool story. I have talked to Guy a few times through emails myself and he has always been very helpful to no benefit of his own. Hopefully Guy will read this thread.

Muleys 24/7
05-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Very cool!

In God We Trust
05-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Him and his old man would probably still use the forum from time to time if people wouldn't have acted like lunatics on the "Long Range Hunting" thread. I don't claim to know them, I do like the way they do business and take time to talk to the little guy. I would rather hunt with the Eastman's then any other hunting personalities. I feel they do an excellent job of representing the rest of us on T.V and through the public eye.

Drhorsepower
05-22-2013, 12:12 AM
Him and his old man would probably still use the forum from time to time if people wouldn't have acted like lunatics on the "Long Range Hunting" thread. I don't claim to know them, I do like the way they do business and take time to talk to the little guy. I would rather hunt with the Eastman's then any other hunting personalities. I feel they do an excellent job of representing the rest of us on T.V and through the public eye.

Very good points there bud! They represent the majority of hunters out there in my opinion.

I thought about that the other day, who I would want to hunt with out of the celebrity hunters and I think it would be Mike Eastman. The reason being he forgot more about deer than I will ever know. If some of that knowledge could rub off on me and listening to stories in camp of the good ol days would be priceless. It would be one of those hunts with the harvest being the last thing on my mind. The Eastmans have done a lot for the sportsmen throughout the years.

Ikeepitcold
05-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Very good points there bud! They represent the majority of hunters out there in my opinion.

I thought about that the other day, who I would want to hunt with out of the celebrity hunters and I think it would be Mike Eastman. The reason being he forgot more about deer than I will ever know. If some of that knowledge could rub off on me and listening to stories in camp of the good ol days would be priceless. It would be one of those hunts with the harvest being the last thing on my mind. The Eastmans have done a lot for the sportsmen throughout the years.

They sure are a great family.

Colorado Cowboy
05-23-2013, 09:30 AM
I don't know any of them and don't get to watch their show much. That being said they seem to me to be really stand up folks, a great family. They remind me of some folks I met in Texas when I was in the Army in 1964/65. We rented a house from them when my wife and I were newlyweds and just moved there. We looked after 2 elderly sisters who lived upsairs in the house. They made us feel like family. Invited me to hunt deer and turkey on the family ranch and really didn't even know us.

Good people and families are wonderful to be around. Like lots of the folks here.

SprintNShoot7
05-24-2013, 02:52 PM
That is an awesome story. The Eastman's are good people for sure. I haven't had any contact with Guy directly, but Ike has helped me out a ton on two separate assignments for my undergraduate degree, which I am very appreciative of.

jenbickel
05-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Definitely good people!!! How could you NOT love the Eastman family?!!

Ikeepitcold
05-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Definitely good people!!! How could you NOT love the Eastman family?!!

Jen your back!!!!

jenbickel
05-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Jen your back!!!!

Lol!! Yep!! I am!! :) I missed you guys too much! Haha

Ikeepitcold
05-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Lol!! Yep!! I am!! :) I missed you guys too much! Haha

Well good to see you back on the forum.

Kevin Root
05-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Well good to see you back on the forum.

Ditto, good seeing you back again Jen. Did you change your avatar picture? For some reason I remember a different animal kill on it.

jenbickel
05-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Aww thank you guys! I think I changed my avatar not too long ago and didn't post much after I changed it :)