PDA

View Full Version : 2013 wyo goat tag in unit 3

retired hunter
05-08-2013, 08:51 PM
My daughter has drawn a wyoming goat tag in unit 3. that would be the north fork of the shoshone, clarks fork canyon area etc. has anybody hunted this area in the past?? would appreciate any information on the area we can get. have kicked around in the area when i was younger. remember seeing goats in clarks fork canyon and around deep lake, both areas west of clark, wyoming. my daughter is 23 and her first trophy tag. thanks

Guy
05-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Nice draw "retired hunter"! Looks like your retirement might be cut a little short. Area 3 has some very nice goats. I would head up to the head of Reef Creek and look first off. The Game Warden in that area told me a of a big goat in that area a few years ago. Not sure if anyone killed him yet or not. You might also contact Chris Queen the Game Warden for the area. He spends a lot of time of in that area and is usually very helpful with that type of information. I hope your daughter gets a nice goat. -G

muleywannabe
05-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Congrats! I am excited for you both. Good Luck this fall!

HayHay98
05-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Congrats! I drew Area 1 and harvested a Billy last year. PM me and I'll give you some information. Awesome!

retired hunter
05-17-2013, 11:34 AM
thanks for the tip. i appreciate you taking the time to help us out. we are from montana, so we have a little scouting to do this summer. thanks again.

retired hunter
05-17-2013, 11:43 AM
i'm a low tech guy in a high tech world, still have trouble navigating on the forum. what does PM mean?? anyway any little bits of info on goat hunting in unit 3 would be appreciated. thanks

Bitterroot Bulls
05-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Congrats on the tag. Sounds awesome.

PM=Personal Message. It is like an email from one forum member to another. You can check your inbox under the "Notifications" tab at the top of the page.