PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Elk Back Door is Open

Umpqua Hunter
05-18-2013, 08:28 AM
The back door to see if you drew a Colorado elk tag is now open. You can now check to see if you drew your first choice elk tag in Colorado by checking to see if your preference points went to "zero" in 2013. If you gained a point, you didn't draw your FIRST choice, however there is still a possibility you drew your SECOND choice tag. Here is the link:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/BigGame/DrawResultsAndPrefPoints/Pages/DrawResults_PreferencePoints.aspx

Work2hunt
05-18-2013, 10:54 AM
It looks like I got my second choice!!!!

Umpqua Hunter
05-18-2013, 11:14 AM
It looks like I got my second choice!!!!

How do you know you drew your second choice?

Drhorsepower
05-18-2013, 11:18 AM
How do you know you drew your second choice?

Later if you go into the part to buy a habitat stamp, the code will say 591 for deer and and I'm not sure on the elk, 581? The back door to the back door.

Umpqua Hunter
05-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Later if you go into the part to buy a habitat stamp, the code will say 591 for deer and and I'm not sure on the elk, 581? The back door to the back door.

Exactly, but is that up already? That usually happens a week after the preference points are updated.

Drhorsepower
05-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Exactly, but is that up already? That usually happens a week after the preference points are updated.

I thought it took a week or two also.....

MOHunter
05-18-2013, 08:23 PM
This 2nd choice back door is new to me. I put in for PP 1st choice on deer and it says "491 NON RES DEER APP". I didn't put in for anything else so this means no tag. On elk it says "488 NON RES ANTLERLESS ELK APP". Does the code number and "APP" mean I did NOT draw?

Old Hunter
05-19-2013, 08:28 AM
What you guys are calling the back door to the back door. Is the back door. The other one that easily seen by anybody is not the back door.

Back door describes coming in a sneaky way. There's nothing sneaky about the link posted above. It's there for everybody to see easily.

Huntography
05-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Time to go and check if I drew a tag.

Rudy

In God We Trust
05-19-2013, 09:37 AM
This sucks, I didn't draw my first choice elk tag this year. Unless I draw my second choice tag it is OTC archery for me. On the plus side my wife drew her bull tag.

Umpqua Hunter
05-19-2013, 09:37 AM
What you guys are calling the back door to the back door. Is the back door. The other one that easily seen by anybody is not the back door.

Back door describes coming in a sneaky way. There's nothing sneaky about the link posted above. It's there for everybody to see easily.

Old Hunter, by your definition "back door" has to be:

1) not "easily available to anybody"

2) a "sneaky" way to view the draw results.

Let's consider that.

If there was a "back door" that was "sneaky", yet it was available on the internet, it would be available for anyone in the entire world with internet access to see, therefore it would be "easily available to anybody". So by that definition that would not truly be a "back door".

Theoretically, there could be a "back door" where draw information was available early on the internet, and that information was password protected. That "back door" would post information before the draw results were made known to the public, and only certain people who had been given the password and could view the draw results before anyone else was privileged to that information. Then that information would not be "available to anybody". However, it is in violation of the second part of the definition above, because by having access to the password, it would no longer be "sneaky".

If however you were able to hack into that theoretical password protected information, and view that draw information, before the draw results were made known, it then could truly be considered a "back door" by that definition because it is both not "easily seen by anybody" AND it is "sneaky". That however would be illegal and it would be foolish for me to post that information in the internet, therefore preserving both parts of the definition of "back door".

If however I was foolish enough to post a link (as I did above) and the hacked password of how to access that password protected information, then it once again falls out of the definition above, because now anybody has access to that information. Therefore it has violated the definition by now being "available to anybody", and so it is technically no longer a "back door".

I take "back door" to simply mean a fun way to learn the draw results before the actual draw results are posted a few days later. ;)

Old Hunter
05-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Well, you're talking about a locked back door. The back door i'm talking about is open to anyone if you know where to look. The sneaky part is finding the door, and then being able to read the code. The results used to be available early. It seems the DOW caught on to that, and are no longer available early Still, it's what we called the back door for years.

So, you're wrong. :D

packmule
05-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Befriend some DOW folks and call and get them to look. We will call that bustin' in the front door :D

Umpqua Hunter
05-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Well, you're talking about a locked back door. The back door i'm talking about is open to anyone if you know where to look. The sneaky part is finding the door, and then being able to read the code. The results used to be available early. It seems the DOW caught on to that, and are no longer available early Still, it's what we called the back door for years.

So, you're wrong. :D

Unfortunately you have now contradicted yourself. You now say the old back door was "open to anyone if you know where to look" yet you earlier defined the the back door as not "easily available to anyone". The old back door was very easily available to anyone, just a few clicks away.

The old backdoor can't truly be a back door (by your definition) because it WAS "easily available to anyone" as anyone with internet access could have done that.

The old back door also can't truly be a back door (by your definition) because is WAS NOT truly "sneaky" because the very reason DOW shut it down was because people were not being "sneaky" other wise DOW would not have known of the back door. The reason DOW knew was because so many non "sneaky" people were using this method.

However by my definition of "back door", both the old back door and the new back door, are both back doors.

Finally, in your own words you have confirmed that the current back door is a back door, let me quote you, "What you guys are calling the back door to the back door. Is the back door."

Hopefully this will clear up any further confusion.

:cool:

Old Hunter
05-19-2013, 01:31 PM
There is no confusion. I've never heard anyone say they found the back door on their own. They usually ask...where's the back door? Who would apply for a tag when their trying to find the results of a tag they already bought? That's where the door is, and it's not obvious to those who don't know about it.

I'll say it again. Finding the door is not the real hard part. Someone could tell you that. Knowing what the codes means after you find it is the sneaky hard part. Ok?

MOHunter
05-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Nobody has answered my question in all this, though it' been fun. How do you find out what the codes mean? I don't think that's something top secret, correct me if I'm wrong.

CoHiCntry
05-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Nobody has answered my question in all this, though it' been fun. How do you find out what the codes mean? I don't think that's something top secret, correct me if I'm wrong.

If it still says "app" that doesn't mean you have a license on file. You have an application on file. If you actually draw whether its your first choice or second you will have both an app and a license on file. In other words if everything still says app after it, you dont have a license yet. Clear as mud?

MOHunter
05-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Yep, thanks for the help.

Drhorsepower
05-19-2013, 10:36 PM

See post 4, 5 codes mean you have drawn your tag, if your points show zero then you have drawn your first. That's the back door and the double back door. ;)

Old Hunter
05-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Not exactly. The code ending in app is of course the application. The next code they post will show you got the tag, or failed according to the code.

That was the sneaky part.

In God We Trust
05-21-2013, 01:44 PM
WOW, this thread turned out well!

Old Hunter
05-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Yeah, it was fun. Umpqua even got a couple of Thanks. Not sure why, but that's how it goes.

Drhorsepower
05-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Yeah, it was fun. Umpqua even got a couple of Thanks. Not sure why, but that's how it goes.

Thanks for reminding me ;)

Old Hunter
05-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Yeah, you thanked him for his nonsense. It gave me a good chuckle.

NDHunter
05-22-2013, 05:13 PM
After reading this thread I had to go and make sure that my back door was still locked.

Old Hunter
05-22-2013, 05:20 PM
After reading this thread I had to go and make sure that my back door was still locked.

That won't help. I know the code.

Drhorsepower
05-22-2013, 05:36 PM
That won't help. I know the code.

Well it must not be that sneaky;) HAS to be a side door!

Old Hunter
05-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Oh hell! Now you told them about the side door.

xtreme
05-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Well I could tell I wasnt getting a youth tag and thats confirmed. Its okay the boycott is progressing, the stupid liberals in Denver are going to feel it.

packmule
05-22-2013, 10:11 PM
Oh hell! Now you told them about the side door.

Not looking and just buying a voucher is breaking in through the window. I forget which method is dropping in through the chimney, but has to be something to do with late season.

Old Hunter
05-23-2013, 08:43 AM
We never mention the chimney. That's just for the experts.

trkytrack2
05-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Befriend some DOW folks and call and get them to look. We will call that bustin' in the front door :D
Exactly what I did....got the results of the elk draw and we drew first choice.

Umpqua Hunter
05-23-2013, 09:36 AM
We never mention the chimney. That's just for the experts.

Don't tell me you are Santa Claus!

Old Hunter
05-23-2013, 09:45 AM
You forgot already? I'm BigFoot.

Work2hunt
05-24-2013, 05:35 AM
When should you be able to tell if you drew a second choice?

Drhorsepower
05-24-2013, 06:05 AM

By now usually, old hunter will tell you though. He's the expert on backdoor Colorado.

Drhorsepower
05-24-2013, 06:06 AM
Or is it side door?

CoHiCntry
05-24-2013, 07:15 AM

You can tell now...

Old Hunter
05-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Today is the official day it's to be posted.

signed
The Expert

Umpqua Hunter
05-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Today is the official day it's to be posted.

signed
The Expert

The expert on back doors, double locked back doors, side doors, chimneys, wood burning stove exhausts, bedroom doors, cellar doors in the floor, ventilation hood roof jacks, attic doors, sewer ventilation pipes, garage doors, extension ladders to reach the second floor, unlocked windows, crawl space openings, leaky roofs, unlocked sliding doors, louvered attic ventilation openings, and below grade windows.

For all of us who can't keep all those straight, we just call them all back doors. Next time I post that a "back door" is open, I will cover my head with my arms and wait for the fall out. ;)

I assume the official results being posted today are the "front door", but I am not certain that is the case.

Old Hunter
05-24-2013, 09:46 AM
What do you expect us to do in the off season?

Work2hunt
05-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Has anyone seen a 2nd choice posted? If so, how did you find it? Is it by reviewing through the "draw results" section where I can put in my CID # and birth date?

Old Hunter
05-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Yes, you should see it there.

Umpqua Hunter
05-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Has anyone seen a 2nd choice posted? If so, how did you find it? Is it by reviewing through the "draw results" section where I can put in my CID # and birth date?

That should work today when the results are posted.

CoHiCntry
05-24-2013, 10:17 AM
That should work today when the results are posted.

The results have been posted for a couple days now...

Umpqua Hunter
05-24-2013, 10:20 AM

Thanks CoHiCntry...I stopped following CO closely after I learned all my money was headed home :)

Work2hunt
05-24-2013, 10:26 AM

Thanks. Looks like a refund for me then. Maybe I'll have to look into an over the counter hunt or left over tag option.