PDA

View Full Version : Utah Charged my CC

medtech10
05-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Utah division of wildlife just charged my cc $1518, does this mean I drew a Once-in-a-Lifetime permit?

CoHiCntry
05-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Utah division of wildlife just charged my cc $1518, does this mean I drew a Once-in-a-Lifetime permit?

Hmmm... That would be my guess! Congrats! Wish they'd go ahead and charge mine too.

medtech10
05-18-2013, 02:17 PM
I never draw anything, EVER, its almost to shocking to believe!

CoHiCntry
05-18-2013, 02:47 PM

I used to think that too... then I drew a sheep tag and then a moose tag the very next year. I still haven't drawn a great out of state tag though. Sooner or later...

Umpqua Hunter
05-18-2013, 02:51 PM

Yeppers, that is the way it works. That is the price of moose, bison, goat and sheep. Did you apply for all of them? If so it's gonna be a tortuous 2 weeks waiting to find out what it was :)

Caseyu
05-18-2013, 03:10 PM
You never DREW anything is the proper way to say it!!! Congrats

medtech10
05-18-2013, 03:12 PM
I only applied for moose, desert sheep, and goat. I've already gotten a bison so didn't do that one. I know its only been a day and it's already like torture

Ridgerunner
05-18-2013, 03:50 PM
A good problem to have no doubt.

Alabama
05-18-2013, 04:58 PM
A great kind of torture though. I would be stoked to hunt any of those 3, especially the desert bighorn. Congrats!

Brady
05-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Congrats! I would love to hunt any of those!

JEandAsGuide
05-19-2013, 05:40 AM
Look like you will be making a fun hunt either way. That's awesome!! Congrats!

HayHay98
05-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Congrats! Keep us posted on which tag you pull!

bigsky2
05-20-2013, 10:09 AM
When I get on the Utah DWR website and look at the My Application History tab it doesn't show 2013 on there. I thought it would say pending or something so I called the DWR and the lady I talked to said it doesn't show up until the draw is over. What does it look like when you guys get on yours? I am worried that my application didn't go through.

Umpqua Hunter
05-21-2013, 11:53 AM
When I get on the Utah DWR website and look at the My Application History tab it doesn't show 2013 on there. I thought it would say pending or something so I called the DWR and the lady I talked to said it doesn't show up until the draw is over. What does it look like when you guys get on yours? I am worried that my application didn't go through.

It will all be cleared up and results posted in a few days.

Always keep a PDF (or paper) copy of your receipt when you apply on-line in case you have to dispute that you actually applied. That receipts has a session number and a confirmation number on it and the detail of what you applied for.

tim
05-22-2013, 12:55 AM
alot of times they charge the credit card and if you are not succesful, credit the card back.

Drhorsepower
05-22-2013, 01:14 AM
alot of times they charge the credit card and if you are not succesful, credit the card back.

I've never heard of Utah doing that.

RUTTIN
05-22-2013, 07:49 AM
alot of times they charge the credit card and if you are not successful, credit the card back. Utah only charges you the 10$ for each species that you put in for up front. They do not charge your card unless you are successful.

tommyp
05-22-2013, 12:14 PM
medtech10 get on Utah's site and check your PP status, see if there are any changes in your points.

tim
05-23-2013, 04:39 PM
good to know, i apply in so many states, i get the states confused on wich ones charge up front and which ones charge when pulled.

clacklin009
05-23-2013, 08:21 PM

I checked to see my application status and as of today all is says is that the application status will not be posted until the draw deadline May 31st.

Umpqua Hunter
05-23-2013, 11:11 PM
I've never heard of Utah doing that.

Neither have I.

medtech10
06-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Looks like I'll be headed to Utah this year in search of my first Mountain Goat!! Pretty excited to say the least, never in a million years did I expect to draw in Utah! Been applying in Idaho for many years for Mtn Goat thinking that would be the state I would have to draw in for a Mtn Goat (since my home state of MT never seems to put my name in the draw)!!! Hopefully have pictures this fall.

Drhorsepower
06-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Looks like I'll be headed to Utah this year in search of my first Mountain Goat!! Pretty excited to say the least, never in a million years did I expect to draw in Utah! Been applying in Idaho for many years for Mtn Goat thinking that would be the state I would have to draw in for a Mtn Goat (since my home state of MT never seems to put my name in the draw)!!! Hopefully have pictures this fall.

Very cool! I think mountain goat is at top of list for me. How many points did you have?

tommyp
06-05-2013, 09:13 PM

what unit???

medtech10
06-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Ogden/Willard Peak unit. Helped a buddy harvest a goat there a couple years ago and saw a good number of goats. Its a very rough and steep unit to get around in but we had a great time. Unit doesn't have the top end trophy potential of the Beaver unit, but I plan on trying to harvest with archery gear, and I consider any mountain goat with a bow to be a trophy! I drew it with only a few points, very very lucky to say the least!!

tommyp
06-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Ogden/Willard Peak unit. Helped a buddy harvest a goat there a couple years ago and saw a good number of goats. Its a very rough and steep unit to get around in but we had a great time. Unit doesn't have the top end trophy potential of the Beaver unit, but I plan on trying to harvest with archery gear, and I consider any mountain goat with a bow to be a trophy! I drew it with only a few points, very very lucky to say the least!!

that's cool . I'm sure you will have anwesome time. I would love to tag a mountain goat with a bow.

medtech10
10-06-2013, 10:06 PM
My Utah mountain goat with a bow. I didn't have time to be real picky (expecting our 2nd child literally any day), but couldn't be happier. He is exactly 8" on both sides. I got to share camp with my dad, who got me started hunting as far back as I can remember, so that made it even more special. I saw many goats that were bigger but were never in locations for a stalk.

Shot was 34 yards slightly quartering away and he only took about 5 steps and tipped over. I was by myself due to my dad being terribly afraid of heights so picture is terrible.

nvarcher
10-06-2013, 10:09 PM
My Utah mountain goat with a bow. I didn't have time to be real picky (expecting our 2nd child literally any day), but couldn't be happier. He is exactly 8" on both sides. I got to share camp with my dad, who got me started hunting as far back as I can remember, so that made it even more special. I saw many goats that were bigger but were never in locations for a stalk.

Shot was 34 yards slightly quartering away and he only took about 5 steps and tipped over. I was by myself due to my dad being terribly afraid of heights so picture is terrible.

Congrats man! Great accomplishment with a bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hardstalk
10-06-2013, 10:27 PM

One on my bucket list for sure! Congrats.

Drhorsepower
10-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Awesome man! Congrats on a special trophy and second kid!

JEandAsGuide
10-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Awesome hunt and goat! Congrats!

ssliger
10-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Too cool, congratulations!

y02MDM
10-07-2013, 08:57 AM
nice billy congrats

lookinforwater
10-07-2013, 06:53 PM
A goat with a bow is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations.

dhershberger
10-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Yeah buddy congrats!

NVBird'n'Big
10-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Congrats! Any goat with a bow is a trophy for sure

Timberstalker
10-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Very cool! congrats

Fink
10-08-2013, 07:21 AM
A great trophy! Congrats!

MWScott72
10-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Great trophy! You've got to love how that mountain just shoots up from the valley floor below.

Now if I could just draw my in-state Rocky Mtn bighorn tag I could start putting in for Mtn. Goats!

sjsmallfield
10-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Congrats on your goat and the new baby. Awesome!

cutback
11-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Nice Goat! Helluva trophy and with a bow, makes it all the more of an accomplishment! Definatly awesome to have been able to share the experience with your Dad.....

The Deer
12-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Cool thread thank you for sharing