PDA

View Full Version : Cali D deer and bear

Ikeepitcold
05-24-2013, 06:28 PM
When is the over the counter deer tags available for the D zones and when does the season open? Also the same for bear for the X zones?

hardstalk
05-24-2013, 06:46 PM
From my research its open now. But its like an area 10 archery tag in nv. Pretty well guaranteed.

Muleys 24/7
05-24-2013, 07:19 PM
You can get most D zone tags now, depending on which D zone, the dates are different. Bear tags are state wide and are available over the counter as well.

Muleys 24/7
05-24-2013, 07:22 PM
From my research its open now. But its like an area 10 archery tag in nv. Pretty well guaranteed.

Most D zone tags are pretty well guaranteed, however a few do take points to draw

hardstalk
05-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Ive got some cams in d17. I know its a juant for ya. But with my a/c costing me 5 grand i think im down to one state this season :)

Ikeepitcold
05-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Ive got some cams in d17. I know its a juant for ya. But with my a/c costing me 5 grand i think im down to one state this season :)

Dude seriously. Don't spend that much money unless you want to upgrade. We need to talk

Muleys 24/7
05-24-2013, 07:31 PM
Nice! you still have them out there? D17 is one of the D zones that usually require a point or two. I met a couple guys last season that hunt D17 a lot. If you ever draw let me know.

Ikeepitcold
05-24-2013, 08:20 PM
I thought d3-5 was OTC same as bear. Is that not correct?

Muleys 24/7
05-24-2013, 08:30 PM
I thought d3-5 was OTC same as bear. Is that not correct?

Yea that's right. The only D zones that require points are D12 and D17.

Ikeepitcold
05-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Yea that's right. The only D zones that require points are D12 and D17.

Ok cool. So do you know when the season starts and ends?

Muleys 24/7
05-24-2013, 08:45 PM
With a general D3-5 tag rifle starts Sep-28 and ends Nov-3.I figured you don't need archery dates since you rifle hunt

Ikeepitcold
05-24-2013, 08:51 PM
With a general D3-5 tag rifle starts Sep-28 and ends Nov-3.I figured you don't need archery dates since you rifle hunt

Perfect! Thanks a ton! This will be my direction since I got the Nv shaft again this year.

So where should I hunt? And places you keep secret would be great! Not looking for any honey holes that don't produce or anything like that. Just looking to find my own with your GPS way points. Thanks in advance! 7

Muleys 24/7
05-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Perfect! Thanks a ton! This will be my direction since I got the Nv shaft again this year.

So where should I hunt? And places you keep secret would be great! Not looking for any honey holes that don't produce or anything like that. Just looking to find my own with your GPS way points. Thanks in advance! 7

Haha, I've never hunted D3-5. If I did, I'd help you out.

Don't you have a Wyoming Antelope tag to draw still??

Ikeepitcold
05-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Haha, I've never hunted D3-5. If I did, I'd help you out.

Don't you have a Wyoming Antelope tag to draw still??

Just points this year. I'm regretting that rite now. I have max points for Deer Elk and Antelope.

I've got my eye on a few places on the D zone I'm looking forward to a pack trip.

hardstalk
05-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Dude seriously. Don't spend that much money unless you want to upgrade. We need to talk

Already spent. No worries. Ive got A buddy who owns a a/c business in town and my bro in law is a big wig @ yes air conditioning. 5 really is a decent deal for a 5 ton and fabbed metal with remote thermostat and the crane is free. Lets just hope the 5 ton next to it lasts another year or so or ill be in big trouble!

Ikeepitcold
05-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Already spent. No worries. Ive got A buddy who owns a a/c business in town and my bro in law is a big wig @ yes air conditioning. 5 really is a decent deal for a 5 ton and fabbed metal with remote thermostat and the crane is free. Lets just hope the 5 ton next to it lasts another year or so or ill be in big trouble!

Yep that's a good deal. I wanted to help you out on the equipment cost but you got it handled. Good to know the peeps that keep you cool.

hardstalk
05-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Yep that's a good deal. I wanted to help you out on the equipment cost but you got it handled. Good to know the peeps that keep you cool.

I bought a fixer upper built in 65. I averaged 2 calls per season for chit breaking down on the units. I havent paid for any of the service calls but I kinda owe this to them. I rotate between hookups so I dont burn my bridges. :)

Ikeepitcold
05-24-2013, 09:13 PM
I bought a fixer upper built in 65. I averaged 2 calls per season for chit breaking down on the units. I havent paid for any of the service calls but I kinda owe this to them. I rotate between hookups so I dont burn my bridges. :)

I do the same. I'm buying a fixer upper in Taylorsville Ca for a retirement home. I plan on burning a lot of unused favors. Good glad you got things taken care of. It's gonna be a hot one this year.

hardstalk
05-24-2013, 09:21 PM
I do the same. I'm buying a fixer upper in Taylorsville Ca for a retirement home. I plan on burning a lot of unused favors. Good glad you got things taken care of. It's gonna be a hot one this year.

DO NOT GET A FIXER UPPER. if I could turn back time I would have stayed at the first one. This thing is going to be the death of me! Ive held matches to it several times but the brick wont light!

Ikeepitcold
05-25-2013, 12:02 AM
DO NOT GET A FIXER UPPER. if I could turn back time I would have stayed at the first one. This thing is going to be the death of me! Ive held matches to it several times but the brick wont light!

Hahhahha well I will need something to do to occupy some time. I don't want a full on redo just some things to make it mine.

packer58
05-25-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm buying a fixer upper in Taylorsville Ca for a retirement home.

That's a very nice area, are you planning on being a full time res or just summers in Taylorsville. Either way, you know what's just up the hill........................FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ikeepitcold
05-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Yes we will be full time in about 10 years. We love Taylorsville been going there for 4th of July for Rodeos for years. Awesome deer and Turkeys everywhere and fishing the streams are a blast.

Colorado Cowboy
05-25-2013, 09:37 AM
The D zones are available, I already have my D7. They are first come first serve until the quota is gone, Some of the units that have left over tags, you can get a 2nd tag. Again, Bear are over the counter ...and think it's the same as deer. When they are gone they are gone. D7 opens September 21.

Jerry
05-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Yes we will be full time in about 10 years. We love Taylorsville been going there for 4th of July for Rodeos for years. Awesome deer and Turkeys everywhere and fishing the streams are a blast.
Now that's a small world!!! Most people that I know have never heard of Taylorsville! When I was young my Dad helped build the saw mill in Genesee. We lived in a small cabin below the dam at the mill, with a beaver dam in our back yard. Went back there a few years ago and didn't recognize a thing except the bar with the floating dance floor! Back then it was a pretty wild place, watched a shoot out at that bar!

Ikeepitcold
05-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Now that's a small world!!! Most people that I know have never heard of Taylorsville! When I was young my Dad helped build the saw mill in Genesee. We lived in a small cabin below the dam at the mill, with a beaver dam in our back yard. Went back there a few years ago and didn't recognize a thing except the bar with the floating dance floor! Back then it was a pretty wild place, watched a shoot out at that bar!

Wow that's crazy! Ya it's pretty quiet wich is what we love. We are making an offer on some property on Tue. I'll post some pics.

Jerry
05-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Wow that's crazy! Ya it's pretty quiet wich is what we love. We are making an offer on some property on Tue. I'll post some pics.
Cool! Love to see them!

Kevin Root
05-25-2013, 10:43 PM

It is pretty quiet and peaceful up that way. Taylorsville is a small town. I grew up vacationing, camping often with family and friends just south of there close to a town called Sierraville and Graeagle. I hope your offer goes well for you. It's a beautiful area there.