PDA

View Full Version : Add your forum handle to your submission EBJ EHJ

Ikeepitcold
05-31-2013, 11:05 PM
So a great idea was brought to my attention from a forum member. He thought why not have the EHJ or EBJ add your forum handle to your published story so folks would know you where part of the forum and us that have been around would recognize the handle.

I sent this idea to Adam Bender and he relied that when we submit a story for publishing that we should add our handle to the "About the Author" and they will put our handle beside your name.

So now let's see who gets to be the first forum member to get there handle posted by their name!

velvetfvr
05-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Gonna be me with a giant pronghorn and giant velvet muley! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸

Umpqua Hunter
05-31-2013, 11:51 PM
Great idea. I'm glad I thought of it and told you about it IKC.

lol...not really.....but it IS an awesome idea!

Shaun
06-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Lol well I have a story being published in ebj after backcountry edition but my name is my handle haha starting off right

Ikeepitcold
06-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Lol well I have a story being published in ebj after backcountry edition but my name is my handle haha starting off right

So Shaun Shaun will look awesome! I bet they get a bunch of phone calls and emails saying they made a error and printed your name twice. Lol

Ikeepitcold
06-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Great idea. I'm glad I thought of it and told you about it IKC.

lol...not really.....but it IS an awesome idea!

Hahhaha UH you have some great ideas that's for sure. Lol. Scott's the man behind this one.

Ikeepitcold
06-01-2013, 10:55 AM

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk �� ����

It better be!

hardstalk
06-01-2013, 10:57 AM

Im having deja vu here velvetfeather... :)

I like the idea. Ikic do you know an average of mag subscribers to forum members??

Ikeepitcold
06-01-2013, 12:15 PM

I like the idea. Ikic do you know an average of mag subscribers to forum members??

I don't but very interesting question. I will get the answer.

velvetfvr
06-01-2013, 01:22 PM

Velvet feather lol.

Every time I shoot my bow, run or work out that's all my mind is at. Getting that big buck. One might say obsessed.

hardstalk
06-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Velvet feather lol.

Every time I shoot my bow, run or work out that's all my mind is at. Getting that big buck. One might say obsessed.

Your definitely optimistic and thats awesome! Stay that way. I know the last couple years havent dealt you the best of hands. Especially the broadhead in the calf. Did you get a sweet scar?

Ikeepitcold
06-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Your definitely optimistic and thats awesome! Stay that way. I know the last couple years havent dealt you the best of hands. Especially the broadhead in the calf. Did you get a sweet scar?

Wasnt that his bro or cuz?

hardstalk
06-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Wasnt that his bro or cuz?

His bro stabbed him with a broadhead when they were crawling in on a lope if I remember right.

velvetfvr
06-01-2013, 04:56 PM
His bro stabbed him with a broadhead when they were crawling in on a lope if I remember right.

My bro stabbed me when we were stalking a pronghorn buck last year with a BH.

Hard stalk, I am always optimistic man. I know I will whack something great this year. Just have had crappy luck when it comes to getting drawn back.

I got a nice scar but It would look cooler if it was longer lol. Told him maybe this year he will get my other calf and they will match! Lol

sjsmallfield
06-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Hahhaha UH you have some great ideas that's for sure. Lol. Scott's the man behind this one.

So what does the winner of this great idea get as a door prize since he never kills anything big enough for the magazines? ;)

Ikeepitcold
06-02-2013, 12:04 AM
So what does the winner of this great idea get as a door prize since he never kills anything big enough for the magazines? ;)

I promise you that the Eastmans doesn't care if you get a trophy it's about the quality of pics and story! I will go to bat for you if you have the things they want in a hunt. I will go to the top of the Eastman crew to get your story and pics in the Journals.

It's about the fair chase. The Eastman way!

Umpqua Hunter
06-02-2013, 12:06 AM
I promise you that the Eastmans doesn't care if you get a trophy it's about the quality of pics and story! I will go to bat for you if you have the things they want in a hunt. I will go to the top of the Eastman crew to get your story and pics in the Journals.

It's about the fair chase. The Eastman way!

I'd give our next article to Eastman's if I knew it had a good shot at making the mag. We have done well at Huntin Fool getting published.

Musket Man
06-02-2013, 09:06 AM
I been thinking about writing a story for my antelope and deer from last year but my antelopes tongue is sticking all the way out and I read they dont like that in pics. Never thought about that when I was taking pics. Didnt even think to take my tripod for the camera. (I did atleast remember the tripod for the deer) Think I was a little excited, actually Im sure I was alot excited:) .270 dropped him in his tracks pretty hard so I can understand why he stuck his tongue out!! lol That said they were 2 awesome 100% DIY hunts in new country that I did on a pretty limited budget and I would like to share not only because I am proud of them but because its the type of hunts I enjoy reading in Eastmans most.

Ikeepitcold
06-02-2013, 09:54 AM

There are 4341 forum members and 98,900 EBH and EBJ subscribers.

Ikeepitcold
06-02-2013, 10:00 AM
I been thinking about writing a story for my antelope and deer from last year but my antelopes tongue is sticking all the way out and I read they dont like that in pics. Never thought about that when I was taking pics. Didnt even think to take my tripod for the camera. (I did atleast remember the tripod for the deer) Think I was a little excited, actually Im sure I was alot excited:) .270 dropped him in his tracks pretty hard so I can understand why he stuck his tongue out!! lol That said they were 2 awesome 100% DIY hunts in new country that I did on a pretty limited budget and I would like to share not only because I am proud of them but because its the type of hunts I enjoy reading in Eastmans most.

Ya no tongue in pics. The trick is that if the animals mouth stays open when your holding it up for a photo or tongue is sticking out. Put the tongue back it its mouth or cut it off. Lay his head on the ground keeping his mouth closed for about 15-20 min and the rigs will set in and keep it closed. It will also tighten up the lips too so you won't see and teeth.

velvetfvr
06-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Ya no tongue in pics. The trick is that if the animals mouth stays open when your holding it up for a photo or tongue is sticking out. Put the tongue back it its mouth or cut it off. Lay his head on the ground keeping his mouth closed for about 15-20 min and the rigs will set in and keep it closed. It will also tighten up the lips too so you won't see and teeth.

Better yet take a clear material and sew the mouth shut. I know who does this and makes the pic fantastic.

Fink
06-02-2013, 11:40 AM
There are 4341 forum members and 98,900 EBH and EBJ subscribers.

Nearly 100k subscribers surprises me, I didn't expect it to be that high.. With 100k members, Eastmans could really sway the odds of units they like.

My worst nightmare is having my unit show up as a blue chipper in next years mag.

Colorado Cowboy
06-02-2013, 12:06 PM
My worst nightmare is having my unit show up as a blue chipper in next years mag.

I can appreciate that, my favorite Antelope unit in Wy showed up as a blue chip a couple of years ago!!!!!!

Musket Man
06-02-2013, 04:17 PM

Good advise for the next 1 but its a little late for this time. I would of put it back in and gone back to get the tripod to put the camera on and got better pics if I had thought about it but as I said I was a bit excited at the time:)
What about blood? Is it best to move your animal to a clean spot, clean it off their mouth ect? Was just looking at my pics again and noticed on my antelope the blood is really showing up in the snow and my deer has blood all over his chin.

Colorado Cowboy
06-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Wonder if they'll publish a story of a hunt where you got skunked and came home to eat tag soup? ;)
Well written and lots a pictures, just no dead animals!

Musket Man
06-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Wonder if they'll publish a story of a hunt where you got skunked and came home to eat tag soup? ;)

We could all relate to that kinda story!

Ikeepitcold
06-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Good advise for the next 1 but its a little late for this time. I would of put it back in and gone back to get the tripod to put the camera on and got better pics if I had thought about it but as I said I was a bit excited at the time:)
What about blood? Is it best to move your animal to a clean spot, clean it off their mouth ect? Was just looking at my pics again and noticed on my antelope the blood is really showing up in the snow and my deer has blood all over his chin.

I carry wet wipes with me for a few reasons. One is to clean blood from the mouth and nose also bullet wounds. I normally will drag a animal to a better spot to set up shots so there is no blood on the ground. Do the best you can. They can edit blood from pics pretty easy.

Ikeepitcold
06-02-2013, 05:04 PM

I would say that they wouldn't. Seems like we would see one from time to time but I haven't.

Colorado Cowboy
06-02-2013, 05:12 PM
I would say that they wouldn't. Seems like we would see one from time to time but I haven't.

My comment/question was made tongue in cheek!!!

Ikeepitcold
06-02-2013, 05:20 PM
My comment/question was made tongue in cheek!!!

Hahhahha ha good one!

sjsmallfield
06-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Hahhahha ha good one!

Somehow I don't think that CC would have a problem writting a story with trophy pics included. His whole life seems to be a hunting story. ;)

m.mcolorado
06-02-2013, 06:46 PM
this thread was good reading ;)

Colorado Cowboy
06-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Somehow I don't think that CC would have a problem writting a story with trophy pics included. His whole life seems to be a hunting story. ;)
There was a time when I really didn't want to go deer hunting with my Dad and friends. I was pretty young (early teens) and we hunted the early coastal season in Ventura County in Southern Calif that opened the first week in August. It was always hot as hell, up and down the hills, sweating like hell and seeing nothing but rattlesnakes. It really was not fun, all I wanted to do was go surfing with my pals and look at the babes. After 3 or 4 years I finally got a buck and things changed.

m.mcolorado
06-02-2013, 08:55 PM
so has anyone here has a story published? Have you submitted one?

Ikeepitcold
06-02-2013, 10:07 PM

I have had a couple published. I have submitted many. There are a few here on the forum that have been published.

Musket Man
06-03-2013, 10:04 AM
I carry wet wipes with me for a few reasons. One is to clean blood from the mouth and nose also bullet wounds. I normally will drag a animal to a better spot to set up shots so there is no blood on the ground. Do the best you can. They can edit blood from pics pretty easy.

The more I look at my pics from last year the more improvements I see that I can make next time. Thanks for all the advise!

Timberstalker
06-03-2013, 10:35 AM

I was fortunate enough to have my sheep hunt pulished in the 25th anniversary issue. I was hoping the hunt would go well enough to do a write up for the mag. Having Eastmans in mind when I was on the hunt forced me to take alot more photo's than I usually do. I find myself looking at those pictures often and am thankful that I took the time to take them. I have had hunts in the past that may have been considered if I had done a write up and took more photo's. I will have these things in cosideration from now on, you never know when a hunt is going to one for the magazine.

That hunt helped me come up with my user name. I grew up stalking deer and elk in the timber, when I drew a sheep tag I didn't expect to kill one in the timber, but thats what happend. So I decided I was a Timberstalker