PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone near Missoula?

25contender
06-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Hey guys This year I will be hunting south of Missoula during archery season and would like to find a good meat processor in or around Missoula. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a Gentleman up around Kallispell but really don't want to go that far north. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Mark

Bitterroot Bulls
06-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Mark,

I use Hamilton Packing Company. (Hamilton Pack), just off U.S. 93 a mile North of Hamilton.

Umpqua Hunter
06-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Mark,

I use Hamilton Packing Company. (Hamilton Pack), just off U.S. 93 a mile North of Hamilton.

BB Knows his stuff, I'm sure you have a good recommendation there.

25contender
06-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Mark,

Thanks for the heads up I really appreciate the suggestion and its even closer to where I will be. Sort of have to do a little regrouping this year. Once again thanks...Mark

hvfd21walker
06-01-2013, 10:56 PM
I use Christine Schmitt. Really good and inexpensive. She is out in the Charlo Heights area.

Ikeepitcold
06-01-2013, 11:00 PM
BB is pretty much a big deal around this forum. Take what he says for concrete info.

Montana
06-02-2013, 06:47 AM
One more for Hamilton Pack.. its where I go. What are you hunting down here?

If you want the perfect breakdown of variety... Burger at @ 10%, no roasts, polish dogs, ground sausage spicy and Italian, and of course your prime cut of steaks :) combo gets me through every year:)

Bitterroot Bulls
06-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Gotta get some hot slim jims thrown in there, too Montana. Yum.

25contender
06-02-2013, 02:57 PM
One more for Hamilton Pack.. its where I go. What are you hunting down here?

If you want the perfect breakdown of variety... Burger at @ 10%, no roasts, polish dogs, ground sausage spicy and Italian, and of course your prime cut of steaks :) combo gets me through every year:)

Will be down Elk hunting during bow season in some old haunts of mine (Unless I draw a super tag!! ;) ). I will be down for about 16 days.

Bitterroot Bulls
06-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Sent ya a PM, 25C.

HeartElk1
06-02-2013, 08:57 PM
After you get your meat taken care of, a great taxidermist in that area is Game Trails Taxidermy. Steve and Chris are good Montana guys who do some great work. They are out of Florence, MT -- just south of Missoula off U.S. 93. Bitterroot Bulls may know of their work too or may be able to suggest his favorite in the area. I just know they did an outstanding job on an elk for me a few years ago and they were super to work with. Good luck on the hunt!