PDA

View Full Version : Colorado GMU 11

Edub
06-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey guys, while chasing the never ending point creep and building points I decided to start finding an OTC archery unit I can hunt each year while building points. I have decided to hunt unit 11 simply for the fact that it is close to the trophy units that I am chasing.

With that being said, I have some good info on the unit from scouting and research, however I was just curious if anyone has information or experience in hunting this unit. I know its dry and hot, that rules out a large portion of the unit for elk during archery. I have got some decent areas pinned down, just was curious if anyone had any stories for me.

Thanks in advance, I also have some decent scouting info on several other units for Elk and deer for barter if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

m.mcolorado
06-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Hey guys, while chasing the never ending point creep and building points I decided to start finding an OTC archery unit I can hunt each year while building points. I have decided to hunt unit 11 simply for the fact that it is close to the trophy units that I am chasing.

With that being said, I have some good info on the unit from scouting and research, however I was just curious if anyone has information or experience in hunting this unit. I know its dry and hot, that rules out a large portion of the unit for elk during archery. I have got some decent areas pinned down, just was curious if anyone had any stories for me.

Thanks in advance, I also have some decent scouting info on several other units for Elk and deer for barter if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

There are definately better units to hunt archery over the counter. If you are dead set on Unit 11, you will need to get close to cross MTN in my opinion. Unit 11 is more known for migration movements late 3rd and 4th season, unless you are on private ground. There are some elk to be had obviously. I live in the area and unit 11 has never interested me. I think Cathedral Peak on the border of 21,22 next to unit 10 would treat you better!

Edub
06-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks M.Mcolorado, PM sent your way.