PDA

View Full Version : region G wyoming

Moose
04-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Looking for any info on hunting region G around the Greys river and little Greys river. I am not familiar with the area and just looking for a little guidence on a DIY trip. Any info would ge greatly appreciated.

gon4elk
04-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Too late to put in for a tag this year. You can still buy a point from mid-July till end of Sept. Will take at least 3 pnts to draw the Regular tag and 1 pnts if you anty up the extra green. Buy your self some maps and even if you don't have a tag go looking in the summer and get a feel for the area. I love just going up there in the summer and looking around even if I dont have a tag for the Fall.

Moose
04-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Anywhere in particular I should focus on looking around or studying on the maps??

gon4elk
04-16-2011, 11:39 AM
I sent you a message, check your inbox under notifications.

Firearrow
04-16-2011, 02:46 PM
I have hunted on the border of G and H for elk a handfull of years back, and that is some awsome country. My buddy Tim guides in this area, and he always has a good year for his hunters. Look on Google Earth in the area you were asking about. It wount take long to find some good spots. Make sure you are in good shape, and plan on spending 5 days or so at a time up on the hill. Steep enough contry I wouldn't want to do day trips in, would rather sleep on the hill.

Bluesdude
04-22-2011, 03:15 PM
I have hunted on the border of G and H for elk a handfull of years back, and that is some awsome country. My buddy Tim guides in this area, and he always has a good year for his hunters. Look on Google Earth in the area you were asking about. It wount take long to find some good spots. Make sure you are in good shape, and plan on spending 5 days or so at a time up on the hill. Steep enough contry I wouldn't want to do day trips in, would rather sleep on the hill.

Tim as in Tim Trefren? If so, I hunted with them in region H in 2009. Great hunt all around, got a nice 4x3 the 3rd day.

Firearrow
04-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Tim as in Tim Trefren? If so, I hunted with them in region H in 2009. Great hunt all around, got a nice 4x3 the 3rd day.

Yup that would be my buddy. He loves hunting big mulies, but the range rats help pay the bills. That is what he calls elk.

Steve
06-05-2011, 11:56 AM
did you apply for a tag this year

Moose
06-14-2011, 01:44 PM
yes I applied for the tag

Steve
06-19-2011, 03:39 PM
i live in region G wyoming and I know greys river and little greys river country like the back of my hand good luck on the draw hope you get it i've killed some hog bucks in that country if I knew how to put pictures on i'd show you a few of them.

grok34
07-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Steve are their any/many grizzlies in that area? I will have 3 PP going into 2012 and plan on applying for region G. I like to backpack hunt and get away from crowds. I don't mind hunting and sleeping on mountain around wolves and cats but my courage starts to end quickly if its grizzly country.

svmoose
07-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Not many Grizzlies in G. I've heard of one or two sightings, but I wouldn't worry about them at all.

Ilovethewest
08-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Hey guys! Any luck with that greys river hunt? My grandfather huned for years in he little greys / greys area. Heard so many stories of that area over the years. He hunted from the 50's to the early 90's. Passed away this june. I would like to try this area someday. He told me they went up from Alpine, and hunted along he Middle Ridge / Star Valley / Murphy lake / and Star Peak among other areas that he had success. He had a pretty amazing life.....shot 33 elk in his years, most out of the greys, but some in idaho, montana, the bighorns and other areas. Shot a 365 " bull in he greys.

anyways, love to hear he stories. I have not be accumulating MD PP's. I need to start doing so.

Good luck if you guys get out this fall!

Luke