PDA

View Full Version : What good aftermarket syn. stocks are out there?

NVdroptine
04-16-2011, 02:04 PM
I am wanting to build a rough and tumble high country gun from my ruger, but I want a top quality syn. stock. Where should I go to start?

Bruce Mc
04-16-2011, 03:08 PM
McMillan is a good rough and tumble stock. Not as light as some but its definately a strong and stable stock. And you can get molded in colors that look like camo and won't scratch off like paint.

6mm Remington
04-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Bell & Carlson also make a nice sythetic stock with the aluminum bedding block in it same as with the McMillan. I don't think you could go wrong with either. Winchester uses the Bell & Carlson stock on their Model 70 Extreme Weather SS. I'm a wood laminate guy myself with pillar bedding, but we just got my son a 300 WSM for his birthday and we got the Extreme Weather SS and I like it!

Elkoholic307
12-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Check out the Hunter's Edge stock. Very, very light but still tough.

dcannon
12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Take a look at Brown Precision. A little pricey, but the one I have they overmolded with a stuff they called Rhino Hide. It makes for a very slip resistant finish. HS-Precicsion also makes some very nice synthetics. For the coolest designs, check out the ones produced by Bansner rifles, can't remember the brand name he uses for the stocks.

cali_hornhunter
12-09-2011, 03:44 PM
I have a Browns precision syn stock on my Rem 260 great stock durable top notch paint job lightweight its great overall if you would like pics let me know

Drhorsepower
12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Hs precision, McMillan, hogue, just to name a few. Just make sure it has a full length bedding block. Also buy a good bedding kit like brownells acraglass.

I think hs precision and hogue are the best bang for the buck. All great though